DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I Can't believe the thread is on page 513:worship: I guess they don't cut off at like 250 anymore:confused3

A little sad right now My wife and son are on their way to WDW right now and I'm stuck at home:faint:. I guess the 4 trips made already this year and 1 more in Dec wasn't enough:lmao:, who am I kidding I would do the same:thumbsup2

Hi Ron, saw the pictures on Facebook, looks like they are having fun on the train.

Morning boys from Sunny London. Had 20 Adults and 15 kids over for a Halloween/Firework Night, so party from 4PM until 11PM. There were kids crashed out everywhere. George's school has a 30 min firework display that doubles up as the town one. And the bonus? You can watch it in full from our back garden, as the school field is about 2 streets over from us.

Hey Dan, remind me, can I cheer for Chelsea? They are smoking Everton and Hazard is playing like he did two years ago when they won it. Costa tried to score on some flying kick. 5-0 right now.

You can cheer for who you like mate, I'll still love ya, you get the "off the continent" free pass. A bit like Darcy and Man U. I will only mentally judge you if you are English, and come from an area is nowhere near the team you support who happen to win untold cups and championships. The only exception to this rule is if your Dad/Grandad was a massive fan. And even then I invoke Disdad rule that I need to see photos.

As much as I truly hate to say it, I really think Chelsea are gonna win the league this year. Agreed, Hazard looks really sharp. Its funny, cause he didn't look that good against us.

For reference the teams that West Ham have particularly fierce rivalry are:

1. Millwall. West Ham was founded from the Thames Ironworks Company Team in the Docklands area of the East End of London (where I'm from), and Millwall were also a foundry team. West Ham workers struck for better working conditions, and the Millwall workers broke the strike. And its pretty much been downhill from there. Last time we played them, it was absolute carnage. Not a pretty game to go to.
2. Tottenham. This is a younger generation thing, guys in my age range don't really care. Its because we share a support border, i.e. around the NE of London you will see a lot of Spurs fans and as you come further towards inner London they will turn into West Ham. This is the game no-one misses, and the players are well up for it.
3. Chelsea. Big Rivalry in the 70s and has stuck around. Everyone forgets that Chelsea were a mid-table side before Abramovich turned up and transformed them. Some of their players who came from the East End and started with us and then played for Chelsea (Lampard, Terry) got absolute dog's abuse whenever they came back.

There is no joy in Gatorland right now.
The Gators keep coming up on one of my sports channels. I'll record one and have a cheeky look.

Happy Saturday. Ham, cheese, salami, crackers, chips and dip are ready to be dragged out for the early games. The rest of the ribs and pasta salad for the main course later this afternoon. First Bourbon and ginger ale will be poured in a bit.
Nice one. Lovin' the detailing of the snacks.
Happy 100th birthday to a true journalist, Walter Cronkite. "And that's the way it was..."
Cronkite and Morrow are proper examples of how journalism should be done, not today's nonsense. Says the 41 year old who saw neither of them.

I'll admit it the party has knocked us, so we are doing naff all today chaps. Maybe a bit of NFL, and there is an entire bag of Reece's Pumpkins tempting me like the strip club mentioned above. Have a great day.

Has Mike recovered yet? Or is he still in Wrigleyville celebrating?

Morning Gents.

Enjoying some coffee as I catch up on all the important world news, which is why I'm reading in here. :rotfl2:

Just came across a YouTube music video channel called "In the Backyard". It has a lot of small bands playing backyard concerts, particular favourite so far has been Blackberry Smoke.

Have a good one.

Gym. Swim meet. Religious Ed. Tennis. Church. Youth group. Sunday night football. So much for my day of rest. :lmao:

There is no joy in Gatorland right now.

But there is joy for soon to be Heisman winning University of Louisville QB Lamar Jackson. 7 TD yesterday (4 passing, 3 rushing). He is just awesome to watch.

I Can't believe the thread is on page 513:worship: I guess they don't cut off at like 250 anymore:confused3

A little sad right now My wife and son are on their way to WDW right now and I'm stuck at home:faint:. I guess the 4 trips made already this year and 1 more in Dec wasn't enough:lmao:, who am I kidding I would do the same:thumbsup2

Maybe we should add life of Ron? :lmao:

You can cheer for who you like mate, I'll still love ya, you get the "off the continent" free pass. A bit like Darcy and Man U. I will only mentally judge you if you are English, and come from an area is nowhere near the team you support who happen to win untold cups and championships. The only exception to this rule is if your Dad/Grandad was a massive fan. And even then I invoke Disdad rule that I need to see photos.

As much as I truly hate to say it, I really think Chelsea are gonna win the league this year. Agreed, Hazard looks really sharp. Its funny, cause he didn't look that good against us.

For reference the teams that West Ham have particularly fierce rivalry are:

1. Millwall. West Ham was founded from the Thames Ironworks Company Team in the Docklands area of the East End of London (where I'm from), and Millwall were also a foundry team. West Ham workers struck for better working conditions, and the Millwall workers broke the strike. And its pretty much been downhill from there. Last time we played them, it was absolute carnage. Not a pretty game to go to.
2. Tottenham. This is a younger generation thing, guys in my age range don't really care. Its because we share a support border, i.e. around the NE of London you will see a lot of Spurs fans and as you come further towards inner London they will turn into West Ham. This is the game no-one misses, and the players are well up for it.
3. Chelsea. Big Rivalry in the 70s and has stuck around. Everyone forgets that Chelsea were a mid-table side before Abramovich turned up and transformed them. Some of their players who came from the East End and started with us and then played for Chelsea (Lampard, Terry) got absolute dog's abuse whenever they came back.
?

Ok, so I won't post anything more about Chelsea. I do enjoy watching good soccer, and the Premier League is a way better product than MLS. They were amazing to watch yesterday.

Morning Gents.

Enjoying some coffee as I catch up on all the important world news, which is why I'm reading in here. :rotfl2:

True that. Let me predict the winner of the US election. (1)none of the American people (2) A wealthy crook that the other 1/2 of the country won't like. The blaming and campaigning for new president starts Wed. :sad2:

Last edited:
Now we have to translate Canadian candy? This is just getting ridiculous. :furious:

Nah. Just stick random "u"s in there and that should work.

I don't get it.

Correct.

Ever tried an all day dance competition? We could debate on which feels like the longest day of your life...

I can agree with this.

All day dance competition, what's wrong with th.............. Oh you mean kids dancing. I thought you were talking about a day in a strip club. ;)

:laughing:

Dolphins won again to bring them to .500. Better yet, it was an entertaining game.

The Gators keep coming up on one of my sports channels. I'll record one and have a cheeky look.

Lucky you didn't on Saturday. Ugly game. The Florida/Florida Sate game in a couple of weeks may be worth watching. They are probably going to get killed by LSU.

Cronkite and Morrow are proper examples of how journalism should be done, not today's nonsense. Says the 41 year old who saw neither of them.

I grew up as a kid watching Walter, but Murrow was before my time. That was when news was news, not the spin we get now. Did see/hear (on tape of course, I'm not that old) Murrow talk about the blitz as a bombing was happening during WWII. Riveting stuff.

But there is joy for soon to be Heisman winning University of Louisville QB Lamar Jackson. 7 TD yesterday (4 passing, 3 rushing). He is just awesome to watch.

Caught glimpses of the game and every time I turned to it, Jackson scored again. UK played Georgia tough and I thought they were going end up winning.

Not a good day for the NYC MLS teams. The Montreal Impact finished off the Red Bulls 2-1 (3-1 on aggregate) and TFC is taking it to NYCFC, up 3-0 30 minutes into the 1st half and 5-0 on aggregate.

Well, DD16 passed her road test Friday morning and got her driving license. She's been putting that used Civic to good use this weekend. My nerves are gone, but she's happy and she's doing well so far. I'll be nervous no matter what, but she does seem to be a responsible driver. In case anybody is wondering, the legal age to get your license in this province is 17, but if you do a accredited driving program, you can get it 4 months early (DD is 17 in March). Then you have a year of probation where you have extra restrictions like not driving between 12am-5 am (I like that because she's home before midnight on a weekend) and blood alcohol has to be zero (although if I'm being honest, I kind of think that should apply to anyone driving).

Had 20 Adults and 15 kids over for a Halloween/Firework Night, so party from 4PM until 11PM. There were kids crashed out everywhere. George's school has a 30 min firework display that doubles up as the town one. And the bonus? You can watch it in full from our back garden, as the school field is about 2 streets over from us.
Sounds great. You're a good man for hosting that many people! We still celebrate Guy Fawkes night/Bonfire night in Newfoundland. I believe we're the only place in Canada that does. It's not huge, but most towns host a community bonfire on 5th Nov.

Just came across a YouTube music video channel called "In the Backyard". It has a lot of small bands playing backyard concerts, particular favourite so far has been Blackberry Smoke.
I checked it out. Very cool. My kind of music. Thanks for that. I liked The Dustbowl Revival, too, if you're into jazz.

Gym. Swim meet. Religious Ed. Tennis. Church. Youth group. Sunday night football. So much for my day of rest.
It's never easy, but I guess after what we talked about last week, it's better to keep everyone busy.

Let me predict the winner of the US election. (1)none of the American people (2) A wealthy crook that the other 1/2 of the country won't like. The blaming and campaigning for new president starts Wed.
That's the most accurate statement I've heard about this election.

All I can say to all the American Dads is whatever happens Nov. 8, on Nov. 9 if anyone is seeking refugee status, I have a spare room in my basement you can use.

Last edited:
Caught glimpses of the game and every time I turned to it, Jackson scored again. UK played Georgia tough and I thought they were going end up winning.

I like UL football and UK basketball this year. UL basketball did have a good run with Pitino a few years back. Maybe they can put out a good squad again this year.

Not a good day for the NYC MLS teams. The Montreal Impact finished off the Red Bulls 2-1 (3-1 on aggregate) and TFC is taking it to NYCFC, up 3-0 30 minutes into the 1st half and 5-0 on aggregate.

And didn't Red Bulls miss a PK? Shame shame.

All I can say to all the American Dads is whatever happens Nov. 8, on Nov. 9 if anyone is seeking refugee status, I have a spare room in my basement you can use.

Congrats to dd on the license and I recommend bourbon for the nerves. :lmao:

Thanks for the refugee offer. CJ lives in Miami, which may decide not to be a part of America at some point. If the camper parked in his front yard doesn't work as an option, I may take you up on it.

Dolphins won again to bring them to .500. Too bad they aren't as good as the Giants.
Geez CJ tell us how you really feel.... :scratchin

Do you have any suggestions on a building or a floor to request at BWV? We have a garden/pool view. I can do my online checkin and I wasn't sure if any area was better than another.

True that. Let me predict the winner of the US election. (1)none of the American people (2) A wealthy crook that the other 1/2 of the country won't like. The blaming and campaigning for new president starts Wed. :sad2:

Nailed it. The country is so divided right now. It's scary.

Better start making room! You might have an influx of refugees.

Welcome to the week chaps, from a sunny but chilly London.

We still celebrate Guy Fawkes night/Bonfire night in Newfoundland. I believe we're the only place in Canada that does
Guy Fawkes. The saying goes he was the only guy in history to walk into Parliament with honest intentions.

I'll be watching with fascination over this week on the events on all of your side of the pond.

Have a great Monday all.

Tally Ho and all that.

Evan Bush made a beautiful diving save on the PK.

He dived to the right and blocked it with his left hand, which means the kick was too center and not high enough. Yes, the keeper gets credit for a block, but not a very good shot, which was why I said a miss.

Do you have any suggestions on a building or a floor to request at BWV? We have a garden/pool view. I can do my online checkin and I wasn't sure if any area was better than another.

Village Green - you get to be in the central location of the resort.

Quiet pool/ High Floor - you could get a view of the DHS star wars fireworks from your room (just no sound).

Quiet pool/ High Floor - you could get a view of the DHS star wars fireworks from your room (just no sound).
Thanks for the info Norm. It is our first time staying there.

Well, DD16 passed her road test Friday morning and got her driving license. She's been putting that used Civic to good use this weekend. My nerves are gone, but she's happy and she's doing well so far. I'll be nervous no matter what, but she does seem to be a responsible driver.

Patience my son, patience. One of the toughest thing for me to do was to hand over the keys and letting the kid have at it. Scary times but it has to happen for them to be independent.

Personally, I like the second floor so I don't have to deal with the elevators. Norm's suggestions are good ones. When I'm not on the second floor I usually choose the 4th for some reason. I rationalize it that there are more rooms available on the 4th and better chances of getting it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter