DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Thanks for the info Norm. It is our first time staying there.

You're welcome. It is my home resort. I like BLT for convenience to MK and monorail, but BWV is my favorite for having walking distance to both DHS and Epcot and all those restaurants.

Personally, I like the second floor so I don't have to deal with the elevators. Norm's suggestions are good ones. When I'm not on the second floor I usually choose the 4th for some reason. I rationalize it that there are more rooms available on the 4th and better chances of getting it.

Hey Tim, this is good advice as well. I thought high floor to see fireworks. But, quiet pool side also gets you closer to walkway to DHS, and a low floor makes it easier to go out the far staircase out the side doors. The Boardwalk only has one elevator bank. We watched fireworks from the walkway, and it was possible to hear some of the music.

Last edited:
Personally, I like the second floor so I don't have to deal with the elevators. Norm's suggestions are good ones. When I'm not on the second floor I usually choose the 4th for some reason. I rationalize it that there are more rooms available on the 4th and better chances of getting it.

You're welcome. It is my home resort. I like BLT for convenience to MK and monorail, but BWV is my favorite for having walking distance to both DHS and Epcot and all those restaurants.

Hey Tim, this is good advice as well. I thought high floor to see fireworks. But, quiet pool side also gets you closer to walkway to DHS, and a low floor makes it easier to go out the far staircase out the side doors. The Boardwalk only has one elevator bank. We watched fireworks from the walkway, and it was possible to hear some of the music.
I'm most likely gonna have a double stroller so I'll probably need to use an elevator. If higher is a better view, then I'll request that.

I'm most likely gonna have a double stroller so I'll probably need to use an elevator. If higher is a better view, then I'll request that.

And there in lies the problem with the Boardwalk with only its one bank of elevators. You may want to request near elevator. There seem to be lots of complaints about walking down the hallways. I don't think the hallways are as bad as the ones at Kidani AKV, but I also use the stairs going out at least.

Happy Tuesday Election Day finds me with another day off from work. So, going to get my flu shot, go to gym, vote, and play tennis today. It is a miserable, rainy day here, which I guess is a sign on the beginning of the apocalypse.

Haven't missed one yet...
won't be missing this one.
)

I don't think I've missed one either. Really not looking forward to this one though.

Odd. That REM song keeps playing in my head.
"It's the end of the world as we know it."

No idea why that could be. Huh.

I heard that Trump's going to build a wall between Canada/USA to keep all the Americans in.
Sucks that we have to pay for it though.

Good luck!

I'd rather see an outpouring of sense...
But at this point I'll settle for luck.

Happy Tuesday Election Day finds me with another day off from work. So, going to get my flu shot, go to gym, vote, and play tennis today. It is a miserable, rainy day here, which I guess is a sign on the beginning of the apocalypse.
It's right nice here today if a mite chilly this morning.
Maybe that will cancel out the rain up that way.
Enjoy your day off otherwise.

May not be the end just yet, but depending on how everyone reacts...
It might well be very different.

I heard that Trump's going to build a wall between Canada/USA to keep all the Americans in.
And this might actually be in y'all's best interest.
Just imagine the refugee problem you could be seeing if we back up our smack-talk by actually commencing to fighting our second civil war in the next few years or so.

Afternoon guys! Got up at 0415 with the boy since he's still rebelling against the time change. Took a shower, went to vote, felt dirty afterwards, so debated another shower...

One week until check-in at Yacht Club so lots to do. I'll be in town on Friday on business, so I'm going to head over to F&W on Saturday night for something to do. Last Saturday night of the festival, so I imagine it'll be packed. Still better than sitting at the hotel. Wife and kids fly in Tuesday afternoon, so I'll meet them at the airport, jump on DME, and try my best to ignore my phone for the next glorious week.

Drink heaavely tonight gents in preparation for whatever is about to come our way after today.

Been just a bit nutz as I was traveling on business for a couple of days last week and just finished presenting strategic plan and budget to board & CEO for 2017 this morning so making sure I had everything nailed down on this over the past few days kept me buried. Remodel of kitchen wrapped up today (new counter tops, tile backsplash and all new appliances) and I will not get into the challenges we had with all of this. New paint will happen after the holidays which speaking of I was able to get a start on taking down all of the Christmas decoration containers - without DS around full time gonna take me longer. Thanks for all the kind words regarding the Cubs, its hard to explain the emotional / generational impact them winning has had on people.

Also, the DIS has been very slow and unresponsive past 5 days or so on my laptop but all other sites are fine, anyone else having problems?
Happy Friday morning fellas. Oldest has a swim meet this weekend. Just to rehash an old joke, if you found out you had one day left to live, what would you do? Go to a swim meet - it's the longest day of your life. :headache:

Ever tried an all day dance competition? We could debate on which feels like the longest day of your life...
(Although to be fair, it was at a hotel ballroom, so I may have been able to sneak out to the hotel bar for a couple over priced drinks, so that helped)
Hang in there guys. Have done swim meets, dance recitals (the worse), cheer competitions and these were enjoyable compared to being involved with and paying for DDs wedding but these are the things Dads do.
Happy Saturday. Ham, cheese, salami, crackers, chips and dip are ready to be dragged out for the early games. The rest of the ribs and pasta salad for the main course later this afternoon. First Bourbon and ginger ale will be poured in a bit.

Gators have a challenge at Arkansas so we will see. Some good games on the tube today and I am looking forward to a day of football.

Have a good one and GO GATORS!
Sorry about the Gators crash and burn this past weekend
Well, DD16 passed her road test Friday morning and got her driving license. She's been putting that used Civic to good use this weekend. My nerves are gone, but she's happy and she's doing well so far. I'll be nervous no matter what, but she does seem to be a responsible driver. In case anybody is wondering, the legal age to get your license in this province is 17, but if you do a accredited driving program, you can get it 4 months early (DD is 17 in March). Then you have a year of probation where you have extra restrictions like not driving between 12am-5 am (I like that because she's home before midnight on a weekend) and blood alcohol has to be zero (although if I'm being honest, I kind of think that should apply to anyone driving).
All you can do is know you have taught them right from wrong, trust them until they give you a reason not to and maybe put a little fear into them on what happens if they mess up. Be positive , patient and pray.
Afternoon guys! Got up at 0415 with the boy since he's still rebelling against the time change. Took a shower, went to vote, felt dirty afterwards, so debated another shower...

One week until check-in at Yacht Club so lots to do. I'll be in town on Friday on business, so I'm going to head over to F&W on Saturday night for something to do. Last Saturday night of the festival, so I imagine it'll be packed. Still better than sitting at the hotel. Wife and kids fly in Tuesday afternoon, so I'll meet them at the airport, jump on DME, and try my best to ignore my phone for the next glorious week.
Sounds like a great plan and enjoy the week with the family.

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

I'd

And this might actually be in y'all's best interest.
Just imagine the refugee problem you could be seeing if we back up our smack-talk by actually commencing to fighting our second civil war in the next few years or so.

Sadly, nothing will change regardless of the outcome. Tax rate will still be too high to pay for too may programs government shouldn't be a part of.

Stayed at Beach Club, but not Yacht Club. Captain's Grill there is one of my favorite spots, as well as Ale & Compass lounge.

Hang in there guys. Have done swim meets, dance recitals (the worse), cheer competitions and these were enjoyable compared to being involved with and paying for DDs wedding but these are the things Dads do.

Who said dads have to pay for weddings for dd? If I'm paying for it, then they get to live on my budget.

Looks like the crazy neighbours are at it again! There won't be a moments peace tonight (and perhaps for the next four years:()

Who said dads have to pay for weddings for dd? If I'm paying for it, then they get to live on my budget.
Don't have to but want to and on my budget. DD has been good with budget management it is DW that is gonna cause us to throw mamma from the train.

Morning boys, from a very wet London.

Interesting day today......

Last edited:
Happy voting.

That is all.

Happy?

OTvYXlg8wKPYBAddoqEjTyWPfQn8LvdJOL1DDr3OzebXzywoN4PHEIE-TVzSpLmQqxDkQdkaE1KqC2WNygdlds_VDe_mGQlrTZiisYTXwdgVmOCgSeXs1TlbQi9wkoQXns-X-HmqPKSI1Edwga2NKoD2EhwidlN3woZZsJSPeSVY62hUsUgd6WSlV7HemLd6tDxwP6dMnD1qD7Ox2TjiqVbyl7RJviOdzM9Blu3TNMjVlaXnC4aFu_x4orGNaMxRIaDtIdAjc_1Rj2hO69D0G4F4IPV0gazalWrY-LY0mHKIj95vBb7PHNfqW-OMQ1xPjN81NEmUHqfulVslpJKNfU6lX_PBcWb3mjuR-kV1VSvE7Scz-yoHqseigl-WQWBq-oVLrNLEUwTryHe0kFvAL1JT-EoNUjIU4jjVhcF27I7fgj_TkjrTIl7dq2_w6sMSsB2Cd3drzsxOiMO6537wEvFT667_er6vOAIfS0MBDn5bawuZcm0Q328OKWEm35H45Jh1vWIPt1JBbWaNbscqad-RVe6VAGHoGD7EWM1_UmJ3ozvliE71eN4fh6Wt0gdjThJwBCg2KL5dTsZf8vxVuRfPb_wqgQ7iO-3EE6ZjC-y02n0D=w625-h351-no

Haven't missed one yet...
won't be missing this one.

(not looking forward to the aftermath, but we'll start dealing with that tomorrow)

Did my duty. Kept my streak alive of never voting straight down a party line. I prefer to do my own thinking, thanks.

Of course, my candidates seem to always lose...

It might be worth it!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Looks like the crazy neighbours are at it again! There won't be a moments peace tonight (and perhaps for the next four years:()

So, about that basement...

There are near riots on the interwebby thing. People are aghast. Shellshocked. Just plain angry. How did we let this happen?

Nestle have announced they are putting less chocolate in Toblerone. It's a scandal.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

On a serious note, pray for us. I've never seen the country as divided as this. We have a lot of work to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter