DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I appreciate the offer and might take you up on that. I lost weight on Adkins, but couldn't maintain. I also lost weight eating fruit & veggie smoothies and working out in the gym daily. Once i started the 2nd job, I gave up both of those.
I've been able to maintain it with two jobs (one full, one part time) and commuting an hour each way and working out. I did the south beach (very similar to atkins). The reason this one works and that didn't for me is simple...

I can buy whatever meat I want and doesn't have to be the leanest cuts like atkins/sb want and because you're supposed to get a higher fat content, everything tastes GOOD. Turns out the whole net carbs for a lot of atkins products is bogus also...many use malitol and it's almost as bad as sugar even thought they claim the net carbs are okay. I didn't know that and bought quite a few atkins treats thinking it was okay and sugar free candy thinking it was okay. I stopped losing weight for about 3 weeks and then I did some more research and found out about malitol. Stopped the atkins stuff and sugar free candy and started losing again immediately.

Sorry...just realized I was going off on a tangent there. Suffice it to say this is different (and for me very sustainable) compared to any other diet I've ever done.

If anyone :-)wave: CJ) is bored and needs something to do...watch the magic pill on netflix. It shows several cases of people who've done the LCHF (Low Carb High Fat) diet and the astounding health benefits they've gotten also. As I mentioned before, I did a lot of research before I started and the science behind this is sound. It's not coincidental many of the health problems we have now-a-days and the obesity problem coincides with when the "healthy" diet/healthy heart food pyramid came out.

Spoiler alert if you're going to watch that -- cancer needs sugar to survive and grow. LCHF doesn't give the cancer food.

I've been able to maintain it with two jobs (one full, one part time) and commuting an hour each way and working out. I did the south beach (very similar to atkins). The reason this one works and that didn't for me is simple...

I can that -- cancer needs sugar to survive and grow. LCHF doesn't give the cancer food.

That was my excuse. More work time = less gym time and more $ = more fast food/ beer. As for that sugar part, i doubt it is sugar from eating a banana. I imagine it's sugar from drinking a coke or eating chocolate cake.

The last few trips to WDW I've been watching the progress of the Gondala system, I have come to the conclusion it's a waste of time and money. Why do I think this:confused3:scratchin, First Thunderstorms and wind, this is very common almost daily at sometime of the day, if they close some rides and even the boats for storms in the area you know this is closing too, maybe dropping you off at a different resort:confused3. 2nd How scooter, wheelchair or stroller friendly can it be, it takes a bit of time to load a bus but this could halt the whole line ( I'm not a fan of heights, as long as it keeps moving I'm ok but if it stops I would start to get really nervous). 3rd how many people do they hold and if they have multiple stops wouldn't that give one resort the advantage over the others:scratchin.

I would have went with a 2 train or tram system like they have at the airport, both trains would have different stops and would be able to hold at least 5 loaded buses worth of passengers ( 350-400 ) or more if needed, you would be able to just drive a scooter or baby stroller on board like the monorail, it would be able to run during a storm and would most likely be more efficient and cheaper to build since most would be on ground level (would need a few overpasses for some roads) and not have pilers every so many feet:confused:.

Morning Guys,

A sunny but cool morning here. First day of grade 11 exams for DS. He ended up with two today, physics and advanced bio, he was a little stressed last night but I managed to miss the freak out that happened while I was out playing soccer. He should be fine but I think these are probably his two hardest exams. He will only have two more exams after this, pre-calculus and history.

Busy week at work and it started quick. Just chaired an appeal committee hearing on an athlete selection appeal. Most of the rest of the week will be updating our strat plan and getting ready for a board meeting on Saturday.

Have a good one all.

:lmao:
Doh...I typed that and then realized you said weeding. I left what I typed for comic relief for everyone else. Big difference one letter or duplicating the wrong letter makes.

Wedding...weeding both could be entertaining.

Morning gents, just dropping in to say a quick hello goodbye. I’ve got a company training course today until Wednesday, and also on Wednesday my boss is flying in from Calgary so it’s best behaviour until Friday afternoon. Looks like another one of those weeks for me. I’ll just be waiting for Dan to call it...

Morning gents, just dropping in to say a quick hello goodbye. I’ve got a company training course today until Wednesday, and also on Wednesday my boss is flying in from Calgary so it’s best behaviour until Friday afternoon. Looks like another one of those weeks for me. I’ll just be waiting for Dan to call it...

The one-legged call!

Productive morning. Went out for breakfast, got my hair cut and picked up some drugs. Not a fan of getting my hair cut and hate chatty "stylists." It is not a social occasion, just cut the hair and get me out of there. She asked me if I wanted it rounded or square on the back. What do I care. You are the professional, cut it. I did ask her after she was finished was that square or rounded. Ended up it was square and rounded on the sides. So should I care about this? What do you guys do, are you square, rounded or square with rounded corners?

If it's a hispanic wedding, it can be very entertaining and likely they'd invite you to join in.

:lmao:
Doh...I typed that and then realized you said weeding. I left what I typed for comic relief for everyone else. Big difference one letter or duplicating the wrong letter makes.
:rotfl2:

Too funny. No, there is not wedding in my backyard.

The last few trips to WDW I've been watching the progress of the Gondala system, I have come to the conclusion it's a waste of time and money. Why do I think this:confused3:scratchin, First Thunderstorms and wind, this is very common almost daily at sometime of the day, if they close some rides and even the boats for storms in the area you know this is closing too, maybe dropping you off at a different resort:confused3. 2nd How scooter, wheelchair or stroller friendly can it be, it takes a bit of time to load a bus but this could halt the whole line ( I'm not a fan of heights, as long as it keeps moving I'm ok but if it stops I would start to get really nervous). 3rd how many people do they hold and if they have multiple stops wouldn't that give one resort the advantage over the others:scratchin.

I also have lots of concerns about it including they will be dumping off everyone at the World Showcase entrance. Way too small to handle the hordes.

A sunny but cool morning here. First day of grade 11 exams for DS. He ended up with two today, physics and advanced bio, he was a little stressed last night but I managed to miss the freak out that happened while I was out playing soccer. He should be fine but I think these are probably his two hardest exams. He will only have two more exams after this, pre-calculus and history.

Good luck to him, hope he nailed them.

Busy week at work and it started quick. Just chaired an appeal committee hearing on an athlete selection appeal. Most of the rest of the week will be updating our strat plan and getting ready for a board meeting on Saturday.

Have a good one all.

Busy week for you guys. Here is to survival. May the week speed by and battle wounds heal quickly.

The one-legged call!
Too soon. Comedy is tragedy plus time.
Good luck to the young un on his exams.
I’ll just be waiting for Dan to call it...
While he's down mate, show him my email and get him to respect the call from the mother country. If he knows what's good for him.
What do you guys do, are you square, rounded or square with rounded corners?
Natural on the back, no.3 on the sides and blended to a choppy crop. You did ask.
Everything is better with bacon!
You speak the truth.
There's maybe half left.
Someone's tinkles would have smelt funky this morning.....:rotfl:

Have a good Monday chaps. Leg is sore as all get out, but beautiful weather again over here so I'm in the garden working on the tan lines.

Made it home. Why didn't I fly all those years? I won't be driving to WDW anymore. Yikes. Worth ever penny.

Guys we need to help Norm lose weight and not get cancer. So please do not send any more dues to him. :cake:

Thanks for looking out for me Randall. Now, if I can prevent the beer fairy from delivering beer, then that would help as well.

I would have went with a 2 train or tram system like they have at the airport, both trains would have different stops and would be able to hold at least 5 loaded buses worth of passengers ( 350-400 ) or more if needed, you would be able to just drive a scooter or baby stroller on board like the monorail, it would be able to run during a storm and would most likely be more efficient and cheaper to build since most would be on ground level (would need a few overpasses for some roads) and not have pilers every so many feet:confused:.

I agree. My thoughts (and you can read them in one of the many closed threads here) were to do a ski lift from AKL to AK, as it is the only deluxe resort without a 2nd mode of transportation.

Productive morning. Went out for breakfast, got my hair cut and picked up some drugs. Not a fan of getting my hair cut and hate chatty "stylists." It is not a social occasion, just cut the hair and get me out of there. She asked me if I wanted it rounded or square on the back. What do I care. You are the professional, cut it. I did ask her after she was finished was that square or rounded. Ended up it was square and rounded on the sides. So should I care about this? What do you guys do, are you square, rounded or square with rounded corners?

The only one good reason for a trip to the female stylist, is well two reasons, when she reaches over you to finish the cut. Make sure you give her a tip.

The only one good reason for a trip to the female stylist, is well two reasons, when she reaches over you to finish the cut
The holy grail is the female at the washing station as your head is tilted completely back, looking at the, ahem, heavens, whilst arms are lathering....and then to a lady barber for a cut and scalp massage followed by a wet shave.
Welcome back mate, looks like you had a great one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter