DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Apple wood smoked ribs last night, with a homemade slaw. Mighty good eatin'. Lamb and Chicken Souvlaki today over the charcoals.

Holy crap. I hear WestJet flies to the UK...

Welcome back sunshine. Did you go on vacation or am I mis-remembering?

Vacation. Posted where up there ^^ somewhere.

Does this statement applies to the dog as well? (Not a dog person)

:lmao:

And to start the day, the coffee maker we received as a wedding gift just finally blew up. And, my blow up, I mean expelled hot water out the top as opposed to into the coffee pot. Well, at least there is thr press pot.

So how long is that?

That may be a bit better. I didn't care much for those either. Still too much craziness in one place.

You didn’t drop off and run like hell in the opposite direction?

‘Morning all…
Yard work done, laundry in progress, not much else planned for the day…
Must be time for a spot of bourbon.

Yea, it is DD's move to Hawaii. She is supposed to fly out from San Diego on September 8th. Yes, she is taking the mutt I didn't want with her and part of the issue is all the paperwork needed by animal control in Hawaii. She is also having her car shipped. That and a thousand other things to do.
Ahhhh…
Didn’t realize that was coming up so quickly.
That’s a lot of extra stuff to figure out but the adventure will be worth all of it.

I can see how HI would be careful about bringing animals in, but it’ll still be a lot of hoops to jump through. How much does it cost to ship a car to Hawaii, and would you have to drive it all the way to the west coast first?

Last one standing in the Bourbon Flight Cart in EPCOT takes the Blue Fairy home. And let me tell ya, it ain't just Pinocchio's nose she has that effect on.
Good one.
Do believe I’d like to win that particular competition.

Tell yourselves to shut the hell up and get your *** outta bed!
I always do…
But it’s a battle to shout those jerks down day in, day out.

My DD has been fender bender free for the last 18 months. Kind of hoping it stays that way. But I do see your point about getting it out of their system. It was about 18 months into it when I had my first fender bender. Thankfully nothing serious since.
No worry here at all. I taught her to drive like me. She had a good driver's education teacher and had a lot of practice hours. She's driving my old Tumbler (Aztec), so unless she hits a train, she will be fine.
Oh, I ain’t wishing serious carnage on anyone.
May every one’s young’en never even witness a serious road accident.

It’s that first lack of judgement mistake I’m on about.
That point where a new driver has decided: Hay, I got this, and then miss calculates exactly where their fenders really are. Some folks never make that mistake, but most do at least once (and then realize that you can never let you guard down and are generally good to go from there on).

Good luck. I rode my my Mum's car up a driveway wall :eek:. Our driveway. :eek::eek:. I'm sure she'll be fine.
Yep…
That’s the kind of – not paying attention - mistake I’m on about.
Mine was misjudging a U-turn at a gas station and bashing in the side-panel on my dad’s truck against a concrete pylon that was there to protect the pumps from idiots like me. My boy’s one mistake was thinking that he knew all about backing out of a garage, but still rammed the front wing into the side of the door jam. We both learned to pay attention and know where your corners are after those foul-ups.

Another wedge out of my boot, so basically walking flat. See you in Trader Sam's, Jeff. (Not really)
Good news.
Have a drink for me, as it’ll be a while before I can get back down to Sam’s

Have a great day fellas, and may your conscience always be your guide.
The problem with that though is it often prevents you from having much fun.

And to start the day, the coffee maker we received as a wedding gift just finally blew up.
Inconvenient, but it sounds like the thing lasted a rather long time for an appliance (as most are designed to fail in the short term).

So how long is that?

18 years Sept 2. Definitely the longest lasting gift.

Oh, I ain’t wishing serious carnage on anyone.
May every one’s young’en never even witness a serious road accident.

It’s that first lack of judgement mistake I’m on about.
That point where a new driver has decided: Hay, I got this, and then miss calculates exactly where their fenders really are. Some folks never make that mistake, but most do at least once (and then realize that you can never let you guard down and are generally good to go from there on).

Inconvenient, but it sounds like the thing lasted a rather long time for an appliance (as most are designed to fail in the short term).

I agree with you. Younger, inexperienced drivers have that ability to not pay attention. And remember, I bought her a tshirt with "squirrel" on it less than 2 months ago. But, I'm still not worrying though. While I certainly am not the best parent, I tried to do the best I could to prepare her. So, I'm not worried - that's my point.

As for the coffee maker, yes, I got way more out of it than I thought. Just didn't want it to happen at 6 AM.

Morning chaps, from a bit of a hungover London. We had DS's little best mate and his parents over for dinner last night. They go here at 4, and left at midnight. The bourbon took a bit of a kicking. I had to chisel the boy out of bed at 0945, which is good practice for when he's a teenager.
Not much on today, we are all watching Toy Story 3 on the Disney Channel.
Holy crap. I hear WestJet flies to the UK...
And you would be very welcome mate. Even if I say so myself the lamb was very tasty. Just had a cheeky leftover one out of the fridge.
Vacation. Posted where up there ^^ somewhere.
Well someone was busy on their bike.....
That's particularly impressive. My first coffee machine lasted me 8 years, and I thought I'd done well.
We both learned to pay attention and know where your corners are after those foul-ups.
::yes:: Oh yeah. When I did it, I rode it up on the wheel arch, so it was pitched up. My mum made me reverse it off. I knew I never wanted to hear that sound again.

Have a great Sunday chaps, may your day go to infinity and beyond.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Had a nice dinner last night with our in laws to celebrate both ladies birthdays coming up. We really like SILs mom and step dad - really good people. Low key day around here with a little yard work, hanging out on the patio and Sunday traditional Italian dinner with the inlaws. Only 3 weeks before DS heads back to school and we go back to the empty nesters mode. Enjoy your Sunday with the family boys - cheers!

Best of luck to you both with all of that. Must be both and exciting and challenging time for you two. Have a good weekend and if you change your mind about coming up to F&W Sept 15-18 we will be there and so will Zerfs.

Wish I could. The money for the move is limiting my budget a bit. She has a running bill that is going to be paid back when she starts earning money.

Like I mentioned on FB, I have the Discovery show DVRd, just have to find time over the weekend to watch. Good to hear she gets a little face time.

Last time I am going to mention it, I swear. Adam went through the trouble of finding an online replay of the show. SRC's segment starts at around 19:10....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a30fINLepO6_ommOyAJ8Stxw2LvfoHgn/view

I too was wondering where you were moving to, until I saw your post.
I can imagine paperwork for the dog is... a bit of a headache.
Is it not maybe cheaper to sell the car and buy another out there rather than ship it?

No clue, of course.

Does this statement applies to the dog as well? (Not a dog person)

Good luck to both of you.

Ahhhh…
Didn’t realize that was coming up so quickly.
That’s a lot of extra stuff to figure out but the adventure will be worth all of it.

I can see how HI would be careful about bringing animals in, but it’ll still be a lot of hoops to jump through. How much does it cost to ship a car to Hawaii, and would you have to drive it all the way to the west coast first?

I thought you would cave on the dog. Way to go.

Shipping them off: it is her first car and is a 2016, so has a lot of life in it. From Miami it would be about $3,000 for the car, $1,100 flight for her and I didn't price out the dog. However, she is driving cross country and will be leaving from LA. Car is $1,100, her ticket is about $250 plus whatever they charge for the dog. Booking it all today or tomorrow so a lot of the costs will be paid.

The Dog: They are inseparable (at least when I am not watching him) and there was no doubt that he was going with her. Leaving him here would have meant a quick adoption somewhere else. Hawaii is a rabies free state and you have to jump through a lot of hoops to bring a pet over. There are also fees associated with it. She thinks she has it all worked out and will take the dog from the plane to animal control at the airport. Once there, if they are satisfied, she can take the dog then. If not, they will quarantine him. The length of time in the pokey could be a few days to a couple of months. She will find out when she gets there.

This has been a huge pain and I am looking forward to it all being over. Of course she will then be living on the other side of the world. Already making plans to visit in May for a few weeks. Part-time with her, part-time at Aulani, and part time at an Airbnb with my UK dive buddy and his wife.

Another wedge out of my boot, so basically walking flat. See you in Trader Sam's, Jeff. (Not really)

More good news from across the Pond. Congrats.

I am amazed on two levels... I met your wife and I can't believe she put up with you this long. Should be a Sainthood in it for her. The second is the coffee maker lasting that long. You've done well on both counts.

Nope, I couldn't get FOP for ANY of my days, so that was effectively at +74 days, and I was on site in a similar time frame to you. Their IT sucks. Pure and simple.
Wow, did I just get lucky with mine? That doesn’t happen very often...ahem.

Seriously though, strange. I certainly don’t disagree their IT sucks. But it really was painless and I got FOP plus all the Toy Story stuff. The only hiccup was switching days for Slinky Dog because it wasn’t available on my first choice.

Not much on today, we are all watching Toy Story 3 on the Disney Channel.
Funny, we had a Toy Story marathon here last night, getting ready for Toy Story Land

ast time I am going to mention it, I swear. Adam went through the trouble of finding an online replay of the show.
I enjoyed watching this morning on DVR over a cup of tea. Nice to see your DD get some face time right next to the shark lady

Afternoon Guys,

I'm just sitting in the hotel room while everyone else is still asleep. If you followed my commentary on Facebook last night you would know we spent 8 hours in the ER of what I came to find out is the worst hospital in Montreal. With 6 seconds left in the first game last night, a kid rolled up the back of Declan's leg on a loose ball scramble and next thing we saw was him writhing in pain holding his ankle. First thought through our minds was a replay of last summer's ankle problems. When we finally got him to the car I think that all came rushing back to him as well. Tanya grabbed Google maps and directed me to the nearest hospital. I guess we should have went to the next one. Luckily after those 8 hours we were told a bad sprain and he should take 2 - 3 weeks to recover. He can walk on it a bit so he is better off than last summer.

In the end we decided the couple of days in the US probably wasn't a good idea so we decided to stay here an extra night so everyone could rest (see my earlier comment) and then head back home tomorrow. Crappy way to end the last tournament of the summer but what can you do.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Luckily after those 8 hours we were told a bad sprain and he should take 2 - 3 weeks to recover. He can walk on it a bit so he is better off than last summer.

When I first heard, I thought about last year. Glad it is "just" a bad sprain. Sorry to hear about canceling the rest of the trip I imagine you guys were looking forward to it. Tell Declan we want him to soon be 100%.

Luckily after those 8 hours we were told a bad sprain and he should take 2 - 3 weeks to recover. He can walk on it a bit so he is better off than last summer.
Ah sorry buddy, that really sucks. I didn’t see it on FB. All the best to Declan. Hopefully he’ll be back on his feet soon as.
I know what you mean about the extra days, when G was ill when we were away we just wanted to get him back home as soon as we could. Sorry about the lost break days.

Ah sorry buddy, that really sucks. I didn’t see it on FB. All the best to Declan. Hopefully he’ll be back on his feet soon as.
I know what you mean about the extra days, when G was ill when we were away we just wanted to get him back home as soon as we could. Sorry about the lost break days.

Thanks Man!

Everyone is now awake and apparently didn't remember much from when we got back. I was asked are we staying here tonight? Did you add a night? I said given that it is now 1 pm and we are past check out, yes we are.

Last edited:
Thanks Man!

Everyone is know awake and apparently didn't remember much from when we got back. I was asked are we staying here tonight? Did you add a night? I said given that it is now 1 pm and we are past check out, yes we are.
When he’s up for a bit of humour, tell him he can have a place on mine and Norms tennis team, he seems to be more than qualified.....

Last time I am going to mention it, I swear. Adam went through the trouble of finding an online replay of the show. SRC's segment starts at around 19:10....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a30fINLepO6_ommOyAJ8Stxw2LvfoHgn/view
tenor.gif

Afternoon Guys,

I'm just sitting in the hotel room while everyone else is still asleep. If you followed my commentary on Facebook last night you would know we spent 8 hours in the ER of what I came to find out is the worst hospital in Montreal. With 6 seconds left in the first game last night, a kid rolled up the back of Declan's leg on a loose ball scramble and next thing we saw was him writhing in pain holding his ankle. First thought through our minds was a replay of last summer's ankle problems. When we finally got him to the car I think that all came rushing back to him as well. Tanya grabbed Google maps and directed me to the nearest hospital. I guess we should have went to the next one. Luckily after those 8 hours we were told a bad sprain and he should take 2 - 3 weeks to recover. He can walk on it a bit so he is better off than last summer.

In the end we decided the couple of days in the US probably wasn't a good idea so we decided to stay here an extra night so everyone could rest (see my earlier comment) and then head back home tomorrow. Crappy way to end the last tournament of the summer but what can you do.

Praying

Afternoon Guys,

Glad it wasn't last year all over again. Tell Declan to take it easy...sometimes sprains can take longer to heal than breaks. Sorry your travel plans got messed up, but at least you had that option which was a good thing. Praying for fast healing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter