DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning all,

Interesting morning here in little New Brunswick. We had a provincial election yesterday and today we have no idea who will form the government. The Liberals won 21 seats and the Progressive Conservatives won 22, the People's Alliance and the Green Party each won 3. No party has won a majority, the Liberals who were the governing party says it is still there right to govern (they did win the popular vote not that it means anything here either), the PCs say they won the most seats so they should form the government. The Greens say they won't work with the PA or the PC for that matter, the Liberals won't work with the PA or the PCs if you listen to their leader. It's going to be an interesting few days and probably an interesting few months.

Have a good one all.

Fall temperatures have certainly set in around here lately. Sunshine but 6C/43F this morning. Frost advisory overnight. But no snow yet, so i guess that's a win. Supposed to go back up to normal temps tomorrow (15C/59F).

Pretty much the same thing here.

Morning all,

Interesting morning here in little New Brunswick. We had a provincial election yesterday and today we have no idea who will form the government. The Liberals won 21 seats and the Progressive Conservatives won 22, the People's Alliance and the Green Party each won 3. No party has won a majority, the Liberals who were the governing party says it is still there right to govern (they did win the popular vote not that it means anything here either), the PCs say they won the most seats so they should form the government. The Greens say they won't work with the PA or the PC for that matter, the Liberals won't work with the PA or the PCs if you listen to their leader. It's going to be an interesting few days and probably an interesting few months.

Huh. Don't the PCs have a minority government then? (Which will almost certainly fall in short order it sounds like)

'Morning all...
Welcome to Tuesday.
Enjoy it before he wind picks up.

I'm not really sure what has taken him down that path but hopefully it's one enjoy.
As professions go, it also benefits from being a mite hard to out source.
May he find the place where he needs to be.

Saw that as well. Hopefully, we will actually see a cost savings. Probably not.
Depends on whether the "slow" days are offered for a reduced rate or if they just start at the current one (or even an increased one) and then everything else goes up from there.

Wan'a take bets on which way that'll go?

Right now this is the NEW booked plan foundation, Saratoga Springs 2 nights Deluxe Villa & The New Up close With Rhino's at AK:faint::worship: IMO that is serious upgrade in a plan foundation:thumbsup2
Sounds good to me.
(must be time to upgrade it even farther)

Morning, gents.
Off to see Elton John in concert tonight, looking forward to that. :)
We have to wait till March to catch that show, but I can deal with that.
Enjoy the concert.
(and the detour afterward)

I didn't have pie on the weekend or anything.
Me neither...
Dang shame.

I still haven't figured out what I want to do.
Me neither...
Monumental shame.

I feel pretty comfortable predicting that it will not get any less expensive to go to Disney World.
Walt's First Law of Monetary Expansion...

Well, that's...interesting. I hear this was the other finalist for the Flyers' new mascot.
And a vast improvement over the design chosen.

Progressive Conservatives won 22
They should have to give up a couple seats just for being oxymoronic.

Huh. Don't the PCs have a minority government then? (Which will almost certainly fall in short order it sounds like)

"The current premier always [retains] the right to meet the legislature regardless of the electoral outcome," said Philippe Lagassé, an expert on the British parliamentary system at Carleton University in Ottawa.
  • "If the current government is returned with a minority or a plurality of seats, it can still choose to attempt to govern, or to hold confidence. There is nothing to prevent them from doing that even if another party has more seats."

The Liberal leader is meeting with the Lieutenant Governor right now to try and convince her that this should happen. The Tory leader will be right behind him arguing the opposite.

Well, given the state of modern politics I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure everyone will join together and cooperate in the spirit of doing what's best for all of the country.

Top O the Mornin Dads! WDW IT systems working great, got my room ready notifications last night at 10:35 - I've been back home since last Wednesday ................................
Morning, gents.
Hope y'all have a good one out there.
Have a good time
Fall temperatures have certainly set in around here lately. Sunshine but 6C/43F this morning. Frost advisory overnight. But no snow yet, so i guess that's a win. Supposed to go back up to normal temps tomorrow (15C/59F).
Snow already?! I know I am tired of heat but not ready to hear about snow.

Well, given the state of modern politics I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure everyone will join together and cooperate in the spirit of doing what's best for all of the country.
Modern?
Naaaaa, folks now are just following in the footsteps of their elders.
I'm sure there's nothing that could be learned from any of that history.

Top O the Mornin Dads! WDW IT systems working great, got my room ready notifications last night at 10:35 - I've been back home since last Wednesday ................................
Good to see that they're right on top of things, there.

We do that. We're Canadian you know.

:rolleyes1

Top O the Mornin Dads! WDW IT systems working great, got my room ready notifications last night at 10:35 - I've been back home since last Wednesday

:lmao:

Modern?
Naaaaa, folks now are just following in the footsteps of their elders.
I'm sure there's nothing that could be learned from any of that history.

Nothing to see here. Move along now.

Sitting around the house waiting for the cable guy to get here (son wants that super fast gamer speed internet:scared:) Arrival time was supposed to be 10am - 12pm and it will take 3-5hrs .It is now 12:01 no one here yet:hourglass. I wonder what time zone they meant:confused3 I will have to ask next time:thumbsup2.

30 mins late now:mad: I wonder if they are going to knock off a dollar every minute late, after all if I pay my bill a minute after it was due they charge a late fee:rolleyes1

An overcast Tuesday here. Driving home last night, my ABS, traction control, and brake light all came on. I assume it was because i had to drive through the 3-day flood to get here. Sensors are off this morning, which may be good or just mean the bulbs burnt out. I don't want to spend money to find out though.

I still haven't figured out what I want to do.
!

I have. I want to be independently wealthy and not do any work all day. In other words, a politician. :lmao: :sad2: :furious:

We try to catch the late August pre-Labor day time period because it is right before the girls go back to school. Right now it is off peak for resort rooms so I would assume it will be the same for park tickets, but with my luck they will extent that summer peak out to labor day.

Not been late in August. The week after Labor Day has still been the best time for us.

The Greens say they won't work with the PA or the PC for that matter, the Liberals won't work with the PA or the PCs if you listen to their leader. It's going to be an interesting few days and probably an interesting

So, just like American politics. The only thing they will do is collect their tax payer salaries.

Depends on whether the "slow" days are offered for a reduced rate or if they just start at the current one (or even an increased one) and then everything else goes up from there.

Wan'a take bets on which way that'll go?

All ticket prices will go up. The ones at peak times will go up more.

Top O the Mornin Dads! WDW IT systems working great, got my room ready notifications last night at 10:35 - I've been back home since last Wednesday ...........

If you were down there, could you go up the front desk and get the room since it is ready? I wonder if your magic band would still open thr door? :scared1:

Sitting around the house waiting for the cable guy to get here (son wants that super fast gamer speed internet:scared:) Arrival time was supposed to be 10am - 12pm and it will take 3-5hrs .It is now 12:01 no one here yet:hourglass. I wonder what time zone they meant:confused3 I will have to ask next time:thumbsup2.

Have fun with the cable company. Or, will you treat them like Cosmo Kramer?

Morning, gents.
Hope y'all have a good one out there.

Nice. How you getting there, super fast stretch limo?

You know what, make it a super stretch...

30 mins late now:mad: I wonder if they are going to knock off a dollar every minute late, after all if I pay my bill a minute after it was due they charge a late fee:rolleyes1

There really should be some kind of policy like that.

I heard you were having an election, didn't realize it was yesterday. I'll have to watch the CTV Atlantic news tonight. Just for fun.

Well, that's what I would have though too. But the British invented this system, so who knows what kind of crazy rules are hidden away (too bad Dan is not around to take a cheap shot :laughing:)

Snow already?! I know I am tired of heat but not ready to hear about snow.
A few parts of Canada have had snow already. Thankfully it was far to the West and not here in the East...yet.

I wonder what time zone they meant:confused3 I will have to ask next time:thumbsup2.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Have yourself a party while you wait...

Do this. Quickly print off a quick form saying that the signee agrees to pay $xx.xx (pick a number) for every (leave this blank)____ minute that you waited beyond the scheduled time. Have him sign it.
See if he does.

I have. I want to be independently wealthy and not do any work all day. In other words, a politician. :lmao: :sad2: :furious:

:laughing:

Nice. How you getting there, super fast stretch limo?

You know what, make it a super stretch...

:laughing: Be nice. And it's definitely a super stretch...… subway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter