DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Enjoy those events as you're gonna miss it when its gone.

That's what I have heard about a few things but haven't found that to be true yet. I'll certainly miss the kids when they are out of the house, but all the running wears me out. Maybe when DS gets his license and can start driving to help out I will feel differently.

I'm do my part to support the dance outfit industry. The worse thing is they cost a fortune, only worn a couple times, and I have a downstairs closet full of them. And you can't do anything with them afterwards.
Sometimes you buy them for the girls as well.....
:eek::rotfl2::thumbsup2

Hopefully, this will be the last of a busy few consecutive weeks.

The one I got off the Russian Bride was much worse though.

I didn't have a big enough wallet or anything else to land Russian Bride.

It isn't too early here, just too short a night. DD had a track meet last night and based on previous experience I was expecting a midnight drive to the school to get her so I loaded up on sugar and caffeine, but she got home an hour earlier than expected. So I went to bed somewhere after 1 AM and am barely functioning. As a high school sports dad I have sat through cross country meets (cold, dark, occasionally wet, and you only see the runners at the beginning and the end), soccer (short season, occasionally warm and sunny, sometimes late and dark, but I don't understand rules and our co-ed team has no experience), boys basketball (2-3 games a week all across the region for what seems like an eternity, hard benches, but a well stocked concession stand), girls basketball (like boys but with more bouncing and less points), baseball (usually sunny, and would have been fun to watch if the team had been any good), track and field (lots of kids running around, lots of time waiting doing nothing, most of the events are too far away from the stands to see what is going on, and meets that run for over 5 hours). Not sure which the best option is but they all have dance beat! Did that when DD was little. I think dance is just an excuse to support the dance outfit industry.

Same here. Glad those dance recitals are over, but waiting for the team bus from HS swim & tennis are rough. Fortunately, there isn't bad weather at swim meets as they are indoor. But, they are loud and super hot, since all the kids are in swimsuits. Tennis has to have nice weather, but those smelly long drive homes can be challenging.

I'm gonna say no. I enjoy playing tennis more than watching my kid play. I'd rather play against her than watch her play opponents.

I'm do my part to support the dance outfit industry. The worse thing is they cost a fortune, only worn a couple times, and I have a downstairs closet full of them. And you can't do anything with them afterwards.

You have them wear them as costumes.to the MNSSHP a few months later in October.

That's what I have heard about a few things but haven't found that to be true yet. I'll certainly miss the kids when they are out of the house, but all the running wears me out. Maybe when DS gets his license and can start driving to help out I will feel differently.

I'm gonna say no. I enjoy playing tennis more than watching my kid play. I'd rather play against her than watch her play opponents.

After a break from Little League for several years, my littlest guy just started playing t-ball this month. I feel safe in saying I did not miss watching t-ball games at all.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Can we not do better than creating visions of guys in tutu's and dance outfits ?? :scared: Have a good one gents!
tumblr_otlpwdFwB41qmppx3o2_r5_500.gif

Top O the Mornin and Happy Thursday Eve Dads! Not sure if I am enjoying the NHL playoffs with all the lower seeds moving on or if I'm annoyed by it :rolleyes: Thinking about having groceries delivered to resort, nothing major just basics like water, coffee, soda, snacks and some quick grab and go breakfast items. We have been doing a grocery stop for a long time now and it's just a bit of pain getting that stuff in a car service with luggage. And some of the sites, like Prime that deliver don't look that much more expensive plus Prime can replenish and bring more stuff within 2 hours of order if you need more during the week. I know Disney recently implemented a $6 delivery charge if that have to receive, store and then deliver to your room but what is $6 when staying there for 9 or 10 days. Has anybody used this type of service in the past?

Have a great one gents!
Morning All, almost through another week.

TBT

View attachment 398479
That's great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter