DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I think you missed the latest exchange rates...it's now $5,128.54.
That's with tax.
My wife started trying to learn the ukelele
Really! Impressive.
I probably shouldn't tell you that we didn't get a single flake of snow all winter.
My loathing for you has grown tenfold.
As far as I know, there is no other stage.
Standing by... well... lying. Too sore to stand.
And here's Germanys offering. "Rapunzels Tower".
If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now. I'm very impressed with the creativity your family has shown with that. From the idea of eating around the world to the execution.
We just heard from the wife of our friend in GA. She's been granted access to go see him...presumably to say good bye. :sad:
Oh, man. I'm really sorry to hear that.

We just heard from the wife of our friend in GA. She's been granted access to go see him...presumably to say good bye. :sad:

Prayer for all involved. That is a rough go.

Sounds like you and @pkondz can start hanging out in the wee hours.

Not a big fan of the wee hours unless I am seeing them after a lot of sleep. Worked 3rd shift just prior to and after my wedding and have tremendous respect for anyone that can do that.

Ouch. Have you tried some decaf?

Normally that is what I drink but I forgot that I had spiked the pot with some regular earlier in the day.

so.... cat catch the mouse?

Several times, only to let it go again. :headache:

Probably won't make it this week. The 3rd is our 43rd anniversary. Does anyone know what gift goes with that and can I make it from materials around the house?

Congrats to Jody for putting up with you so long! As far as a gift, I'm sure if you think about it long enough something will come up.

Probably won't make it this week. The 3rd is our 43rd anniversary. Does anyone know what gift goes with that and can I make it from materials around the house?

Congrats to you both. I think the 43rd is coffee.

Congrats to Jody for putting up with you so long! As far as a gift, I'm sure if you think about it long enough something will come up.

If you have to think about it you probably need a little help.

43 is cheap metals, usually tin. Open a can of soup, eat contents (add a candle to add some romance), using snips, cut off 1/2-3/4 inch off top of can. Voila. Bracelet. (Tin, aluminum...meh, close enough).
Several times, only to let it go again. :headache:
:lmao:

Morning guys from a chilly mother country. A few conference calls today, lets hope I make it through to the end of them, and be ready to call it. Trying to squeeze a 10k in the middle of them.

If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now. I'm very impressed with the creativity your family has shown with that. From the idea of eating around the world to the execution.
Why thank you sir. It's been fun, and the kids trying to read out names of German towns was a particular highlight last night. I look forward to visiting Mun (rhyming with One) ich (rhyming with Stitch) next year. And Col-Og-Knee.

An voucher for a hour of "Cheeky time with Randall"?. Based on 3 minutes a time, you could make a book of 20 vouchers.
Topic: In Memoriam: Mizner's Lounge - DisDads Virtual Meetup
Time: Apr 3, 2020 08:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada
That one is a little late for me in fake London ;) - we are back to a 5 hr split.

Morning, folks.

Looong night shift. Poor weather = busy. Even without planes flying.
Right now, I'm seeing a grand total of four planes on the radar in our airspace.
And that's about 1,000 miles across.
(Funny. Two of them will be in the same spot on crossing tracks in 5 minutes. No... not at the same altitude!)

Got one more hour to go then get to go home, then do it all again tonight.

Morning guys from a chilly mother country.
Define "chilly"...

I see you, with your toasty warm 10C.
Trying to squeeze a 10k in the middle of them.
:worship:
and the kids trying to read out names of German towns was a particular highlight last night.
:laughing:
I look forward to visiting Mun (rhyming with One) ich (rhyming with Stitch) next year. And Col-Og-Knee.
Been to both those places... apparently I've been pronouncing them wrong all this time.

And here's Germanys offering. "Rapunzels Tower".

Looks tasty. Like the others, I've really enjoyed seeing the world tour. Love the creativity.

We just heard from the wife of our friend in GA. She's been granted access to go see him...presumably to say good bye.

Oh, man. I'm so sorry, Doc.

My loathing for you has grown tenfold.

What's 10 times infinity?

Happy anniversary! I thought by the 43rd year you were just supposed to thank your wife for gutting it out for that long.

Morning guys from a chilly mother country. A few conference calls today, lets hope I make it through to the end of them, and be ready to call it. Trying to squeeze a 10k in the middle of them.

Can you run a 10K during the calls? If you're lucky, they might think you're really sick and excuse you to leave.

Why thank you sir. It's been fun, and the kids trying to read out names of German towns was a particular highlight last night. I look forward to visiting Mun (rhyming with One) ich (rhyming with Stitch) next year. And Col-Og-Knee.

Now ask them to read about Neuschwanstein castle.

Right now, I'm seeing a grand total of four planes on the radar in our airspace.
And that's about 1,000 miles across.
(Funny. Two of them will be in the same spot on crossing tracks in 5 minutes. No... not at the same altitude!)

Wow. Amazing how different the world is right now. I saw some great deals on a flight home from Alaska for my travel dates, but I don't dare spend the money now.

Morning All from a windy and overcast Douglas NB. Winds picked up yesterday and have been gusting steadily ever since. Could make for an interesting walk later today.

Just finished my only scheduled call, have one email to send and a webinar this afternoon....busy day. Thankfully I will have the weekend to recover.

Stay safe everyone.

Define "chilly"...

I see you, with your toasty warm 10C.
Fair dos. Bit it's not my fault you livve in Elsa's freezer.
So is this like social distancing for aircraft?

Can you run a 10K during the calls? If you're lucky, they might think you're really sick and excuse you to leave.
I like your thinking, Batman. Just ran 8k, new sneakers today so breaking them in and my achilles was acting up a bit, so called it off a bit early.

Just finished my only scheduled call, have one email to send and a webinar this afternoon....busy day. Thankfully I will have the weekend to recover.
Easy there mate, you'll do yourself a mischief with all that work.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Last one standing in Beauty and the Beasts bar in the GF after a few rounds of Old Fashioneds gets to take Belle back to the room. But let me tell ya, she might be disappointed. The guy she was with before, apparently, was roughly the size of a barge. I'm a lifeboat on a good day.

Have a great weekend chaps.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Nice job with the kids Dan, impressive, most impressive. Darcy, looks like you have a bit of a problem with your pole. Happy Anniversary Randall and Jodi, speaking of poles, 6ft social distancing Randall. Thank the maker it is Friday. Stay safe enjoy the weekend time with family (pretty much now like the week day time with family) and share some pics here or on our other multitude of places with what you have going on or are cooking and of course drinking. Cheers!
Very sorry to hear Doc.

Made good progress early this AM but the mid-morning slump has hit so it was time to see what everyone was up to...

I need to come up with some ideas for DD's 16th birthday coming up next week. No driver's permit, can't taker her out for dinner and not even a hike local state park shutting down. It will be memorable at least, just like the sinking of the Titanic.

Made good progress early this AM but the mid-morning slump has hit so it was time to see what everyone was up to...

I need to come up with some ideas for DD's 16th birthday coming up next week. No driver's permit, can't taker her out for dinner and not even a hike local state park shutting down. It will be memorable at least, just like the sinking of the Titanic.
Have you got a tux? I saw a pretty cool video where the dad was serving the kids like a fine dining experience,the kids were lapping it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter