DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Schnitzel is just country fried steak and we do that better in KY.
:eek:
Thanks for the suggestion. Is it a documentary or a movie about the events?
It's a 7 part "limited series" (i.e. mini series, I guess) that's based on two books.
One written by a survivor and one written by an FBI negotiator.
Definitely more "movie" like than documentary.
I doubt it. Our society is crumbling before our very eyes!
Yep. When I wasn't doing social distancing and WFH, I was riding just about every day to/from work.
Sweet! I've only gone twice this year. Today and a week or so ago.
Went on a ride to the beach with DW the other day because she wanted to get out of the house.
Nice.
I won't say how fast I went, but suffice it to say, glad there weren't any police in that stretch.
Because they'd ticket you for going too slow?

:rolleyes1
Work has given us a paid day off to help keep the numbers low at work since there isn't much going on at IAH (or any other airport).
I'm seeing more traffic now than I was a month ago. Still low, but... more.
I could get some more work done on the 1966 mustang I am rebuilding!
Nice. How long you been working on it?
WDW top 3 list for today is ........................ Top 3 retired Attractions (attractions nighttime spectaculars and parades excluded)
20,000 Leagues
The Great Movie Ride
Studio Backlot Tour

honorable mention Body Wars.
and IASW for those who liked it.
Wait... IASW hasn't been retired?

shame

Been trying to watch Ozark at a friend's suggestion. It's ok, but it feels like a pale imitation of Breaking Bad.

We just re-added Netflix to our lineup and this came up yesterday. My In-laws have been watching it and I thought my FIL was going to tell us the entire story so we wouldn't have to watch it. My MIL eventually told him to stop giving everything away. ;)

Good good morning all.

It is a chilly 57 degrees (chilly to a FL born, TX living thin blooded guy), but supposed to be nothing but blue skies and sunshine all day here in Houston. Work has given us a paid day off to help keep the numbers low at work since there isn't much going on at IAH (or any other airport). Now I am a fan of having days off, and I love my wife very much, but something needs to change. Either I need to go back to work (currently have 4 days off 3 regular, one paid day, perks of working graveyard), or she needs to work more, which wont happen because her hours were cut too. Perks of that though is my garage is getting real organized, to the point where I could get some more work done on the 1966 mustang I am rebuilding! The downside to that is I dont have the extra funds coming in to actually do a lot that needs to be done to it. So today's project will be to get some $.99 white spray paint cans from Lowes, and do a fresh coat of paint on our patio furniture. Yard needs a mowin, but with the rain that we had yesterday, that won't happen. In Houston, it takes a couple days of warm weather and sunshine to dry my yard. We have too much clay!

'66 Mustang you say! I think we need to see this car.

WDW top 3 list for today is ........................ Top 3 retired Attractions (attractions nighttime spectaculars and parades excluded)

This is where we all date ourselves. But how do we do top 3 retired attractions if attractions are excluded? :rotfl:

I really miss "futuristic" Epcot. That was the coolest place ever when I was a kid.

1. Horizons
2. Soarin' over California (I think the new version is a big downgrade)
3. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Honorable mention to the original Journey Into Imagination.

It's a 7 part "limited series" (i.e. mini series, I guess) that's based on two books.
One written by a survivor and one written by an FBI negotiator.
Definitely more "movie" like than documentary.

Got it. Thanks for the tip!

We just re-added Netflix to our lineup and this came up yesterday. My In-laws have been watching it and I thought my FIL was going to tell us the entire story so we wouldn't have to watch it. My MIL eventually told him to stop giving everything away.

Well, that's always helpful! Guess you didn't need to pay for the subscription after all.

We also burned through The Good Place on Netflix. Found that to be consistently funny.

Top O the Mornin and Happy Friday Eve Dads! Hope all are doing well and staying safe!

My top three

Great Movie Ride
Studio Backlot Tour
The Magic of Disney Animation at Studios

Maybe that's the difference...my kids didn't fall in love with it (THANKFULLY), so I don't have those memories or obligations. Now Everest and space mountain and BTMRR, those are different stories. I raised my kids right. ;)
She likes what she likes, and I can't make her do anything she doesn't in that sort of stuff. She knows her own mind. I'm not gonna be the dad stroking his gun when the boyfriend come round, I'll pour him a bourbon and check he knows what he's signed up for because that guy is gonna have a tough old time of it.

Top O the Mornin and Happy Friday Eve Dads! Hope all are doing well and staying safe!

1. Horizons
2. Horizons
3. Horizons

:rotfl2:

1. Horizons
2. TTA (the original WedWay Peoplemover)
3. Spaceship Earth (Walter Cronkite edition)

HonoUrable mention - Original Universe of Energy & Body Wars

She likes what she likes, and I can't make her do anything she doesn't in that sort of stuff. She knows her own mind. I'm not gonna be the dad stroking his gun when the boyfriend come round, I'll pour him a bourbon and check he knows what he's signed up for because that guy is gonna have a tough old time of it.
Sorry mate...I wasn't insinuating you should force her...I'm trying to say tongue in cheek I'm glad my kids made the "right" decision.

OK, no Loverboy
I'm printing this out in case you join me in Jan.
Coaches Corner
Studios Showcase
Meet the TMN Turtles
. Schnitzel is just country fried steak
Eh?
Sorry mate...I wasn't insinuating you should force her...I'm trying to say tongue in cheek I'm glad my kids made the "right" decision.
I didn't take it that way at all mate. I mean I can't convince her to do anything. Last time I said, "unless you go on 7DMT you are not coming to Disney" she turned round to me and said "it's OK, I'll have a great time here with Nonna" I basically got doubled down by a 5 year old. She is the same as her mum. She can sniff out BS at 1000 yards.

Last edited:
My favorite is "If your family tree does not fork....you might be a redneck".
Others I really liked
If your house has wheels and your car doesn't, you might be a redneck.
If your porch collapses and kills more dogs than they have at the animal shelter, you might be a redneck.
(that last one might not be exact, but the concept).

And someone (might have been here, might have been in a TR) mentioned here's your sign (Bill Engvall).
Drove into a gas station with a flat.
Person there: Joo get a flat?
Bill: Nope, I was driving around and the other 3 swelled right up on me. Here's your sign.

I watched a couple of those foursome tours - Engvall, Foxworthy, Larry, & Ron White. Hilarious.

Good to hear. Dude, IMHO, retire while you can. Get that started before anyone else can try to take it away or lay you off or whatever. The ever wise Steve Miller said - Go on, take the money and run.

To make a long story short, to get my sick time to show up on a computer screen, I have to jump thru hoops no one has ever jumped through before. Government bureaucracy at its finest. If I wait to September to file, those hoops automatically disappear. I'm planning to file Sept 1, with effective date Dec 31.

I think it's ok to worry about all 3.

I'm not sure it's really ok to worry about anything, but we are human and all do. I complain a lot about a lot of things, but those are mostly annoyances as opposed to worries. I really wasn't worried about my retirement or even the current job, it's been more anger and resentment and an overinflated sense of fairness and/or entitlement. Truly, I've worked since I was 13 cutting grass, and have always had money. As fat as I am, I've never been truly hungry or had to worry about where my next meal would come from. I read an article about the Depression, which reminded me than people endured for a decade or more before there was change. Life will go on.

Now, I get nervous when my children compete at sports, because I want them to experience that feeling of winning. I've been worried about my wife and children at times during both pregnancies, when it was life threatening. But, at my wife's hysterectomy, I wasn't worried. Hopefully, that means I've accepted that gift of peace.

Ok, so that's too much reflective thought for today. Time for fart jokes. Who stepped on the duck?

I prefer my taters hot. Schnitzel is just country fried steak and we do that better in KY. Father-in-law really liked it so when we traveled with them we always had to eat there. SWMBO always wants Cape May Cafe, and the kids wanted Chef Mickey.

Cracker Barrell has country fried steak and chicken fried chicken on their menu. What's the difference? I think the chicken is just a pounded chicken breast, battered, fried, and served with milk gravy. And, I like that chicken way better than the country fried steak.

Get off my lawn!
Soarin (the new CGI version sucks)
Wishes
Fulton's Crab House
Backlot Tour Express
Snow White's ride
Mickey's House at MK

In 1987, was the ride Horizons in Epcot? That was cool. And, during 2000 at Epcot, there was a smaller subset of countries, one of which featured a simulator tour of Jerusalem. That was the first and only time I saw the Holy Land on a large screen.

And what if he doesn't like bourbon?

My top 3 -

Mickey and Minnie's houses in Toon Town Fair
The original Journey into imagination
Food Rocks

and 3 for SWMBO -
Body Wars
The Great Movie Ride
Studio Backlot Tour
and a bonus - Snow White's Scary Adventure

Haven't seen the new Soarin but I have heard it isn't as good.

Wait... IASW hasn't been retired?

shame

:sad2:

Cracker Barrell has country fried steak and chicken fried chicken on their menu. What's the difference? I think the chicken is just a pounded chicken breast, battered, fried, and served with milk gravy. And, I like that chicken way better than the country fried steak.

Country fried steak is cube steak beaten thin vs chicken beaten thin. Just depends what kind of meat you like to beat.

My top 3

Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt show.
20,000 leagues under the sea.
Skyway at MK
Wishes
Mr Toad's wild ride
Original Figment

I had to look up Horizons. I don't recall it. It's highly possible I rode it, just don't recall.

Not an attraction, but I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss the paper FPs. You had to be in the park to get them vs. current system. So rope drop actually had a wonderful purpose.

I'll pour him a bourbon and check he knows what he's signed up for because that guy is gonna have a tough old time of it.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

1. Horizons
2. Horizons
3. Horizons

I always knew I liked Scott. A man of refined taste.

I'm not sure it's really ok to worry about anything, but we are human and all do. I complain a lot about a lot of things, but those are mostly annoyances as opposed to worries. I really wasn't worried about my retirement or even the current job, it's been more anger and resentment and an overinflated sense of fairness and/or entitlement. Truly, I've worked since I was 13 cutting grass, and have always had money. As fat as I am, I've never been truly hungry or had to worry about where my next meal would come from. I read an article about the Depression, which reminded me than people endured for a decade or more before there was change. Life will go on.

Now, I get nervous when my children compete at sports, because I want them to experience that feeling of winning. I've been worried about my wife and children at times during both pregnancies, when it was life threatening. But, at my wife's hysterectomy, I wasn't worried. Hopefully, that means I've accepted that gift of peace.

I like the perspective. I've been trying to count my blessings--we're not sick, we have our jobs and paychecks. Not much suffering going on in this house.

In 1987, was the ride Horizons in Epcot? That was cool.

Yep. Great ride. I probably rode it a dozen times on my first Epcot visit.

Mr Toad's wild ride

I do miss that one, too. Liked it a lot better than Winnie the Pooh's Scary Acid Trip.

Not an attraction, but I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss the paper FPs. You had to be in the park to get them vs. current system. So rope drop actually had a wonderful purpose.

THIS. A thousand times this.

Just because you could ride the headliner rides more than once in a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter