• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Sunday. It's almost at 50 degrees here, but it's Spring and the pollen is making my nose run. Glad winter is over.

I tried watching Wanda Vision, but gave up. It was just bad. I did like the first episode of Falcon & the Winter Soldier. Anyone else watching?

yeah I am the same way with my family. I always joke there is a reason I keep a 3 state buffer between us. But your right I can always find something to do all day on 30 acres. Glad to have 8 weeks off of paid paternal leave though lots of farmstead projects to do.

I wouldn't want to do many projects. I just want the space to hunt, fish, and ride a 4-wheeler. I'm sure DW would want to plant a huge garden.

:laughing:

Thanks for the tip. Right now I'm in the middle of catching up (bingeing) with Masterchef Canada. And I watch an episode or two of MASH on Disney+ before bed. Plus still watching House (only 2 more seasons to go), but usually when I'm at work on a break or the midnight shift.
All that to say, I'll keep it in mind, but... might be a bit before I get there.

I like Masterchef and House. I like watching shows on Amazon Prime as there are no commercials. Hulu has a better show selection, but have commercials, or at least the one from the Disney+ package offered here.

Morning Gents.

It's been an eventful weekend here , went to a board meeting yesterday morning left with my contract bought out. It was a hell of a surprise but I've got a year to figure out what to do next. Maybe time to look for something less stressful.

Life goes on, have a good one all.

I thought you were the boss. Is this good news or bad news? I'm guessing you get a lump sum of money. How long will that last you? How does it work with your health insurance? I'm rethinking this return to work nonsense.

I thought you were the boss. Is this good news or bad news? I'm guessing you get a lump sum of money. How long will that last you? How does it work with your health insurance? I'm rethinking this return to work nonsense.

I reported to the Board. The package just keeps them paying me for another year, makes it better for tax purposes. My health insurance is through DW's plan, it was a much better plan.

Afternoon from a Sunny Westfield NB. I've been missing for a bit, hope that I didn't miss anything important. It's A beautiful day here and I've been outside since 10am, got both cars washed and waxed and some spring cleaning around the yard.
Have a great Sunday guys.
Morning Gents.

It's been an eventful weekend here , went to a board meeting yesterday morning left with my contract bought out. It was a hell of a surprise but I've got a year to figure out what to do next. Maybe time to look for something less stressful.

Wow Darcy not a nice surprise at all. Hopefully it won't take you long to find an other position.

Afternoon from a Sunny Westfield NB. I've been missing for a bit, hope that I didn't miss anything important. It's A beautiful day here and I've been outside since 10am, got both cars washed and waxed and some spring cleaning around the yard.
Have a great Sunday guys.

Wow Darcy not a nice surprise at all. Hopefully it won't take you long to find an other position.

Thanks.

DW and I were talking today and I've got a couple of ideas. Makes it easier with the package so I may look at this as sort of a pre-retirement thing.

Morning, Gents! Man was it a beautiful weekend here. Spend some time with the DD out Saturday afternoon on some adventures. For her we were on a secret spies. For me? Photography. This meant I was the photographer for the super secret spy ring. :teeth: Sunday was even nicer, at around 60F, just slightly warmer than Saturday, so spent a good chunk of Sunday afternoon outside with the DD and out Chocolate Lab, Buddy, the Wonder Dog. I spent some time yesterday trying to calibrate my camera lens. So overall it was a good weekend.

Today marks the first day I'm an actual floater and no longer a trainee, and I'm looking forward to it. I was told that my job as a Fax Server Coordinator will come in handy with this job, and that it gives me a leg up on everyone else. Knowing this, and knowing that a lot of the offices are behind on scanning documents into the system, I suspect that that's what I'll be doing for a while. Let's just hope that I don't spend so much time scanning that I forget how to check patients in and out. If I don't use it, I'll lose it. With the office I'm heading to today, and knowing it's layout, I suspect I'll be at the window helping to check people in and out and scanning when there's a break in patients coming into the office. Either way I'm just happy to be working.

Have a good day, everyone.

Happy Weekend Men! Our last weekend as a family of 4. My mom is coming in today from California to stay for a month. A blessing and a curse...hope everyone has a stellar weekend headed out to the farm and ranch supply with boys.

I'm a bit late to this, but how'd it go? Do you have a family of 4 yet? Hope all went well.

Happy Saturday. My last solo day as DW is returning from a spring break vacation with a friend from college. Funny how I've retired as she's the one taking vacations. Well, I have my truck. :lmao:

Maybe you should take a weekend and go somewhere. "But honey? YOU went somewhere." :teeth:

She was rude, but following orders. We have people 100% service connected with VA, which means it pays all. Others aren't as covered, so both VA and private insurance can be billed. Or, both can be pre-cert for the cheaper price or personal choice provider. That's at the hospital. I think it would be different at the VA, especially if just an appointment and not for placement or ongoing medical equipment/ needs. Still, our staff checking patients in are told to get both.

Oh I know she was following orders, but it was how she responded that irritated me. Oh well, next time I'll toss it back.

Morning Gents.

WOW! Sorry to hear that, man. Having a year to plan is nice.

Thanks.

DW and I were talking today and I've got a couple of ideas. Makes it easier with the package so I may look at this as sort of a pre-retirement thing.

Hope things work out for you, my friend.

Last edited:
Morning gents.
Off to the dentist this morning. Just a routine cleaning/check up, but... damn I hate going to the dentist.

Did hear a joke about that a while back.
Dentist: "When was the last time you flossed?"
Patient: "Don't you remember? You were there!"

For her we were on a secret spies.
:laughing: :thumbsup2
For me? Photography. This meant I was the photographer for the super secret spy ring. :teeth:
Nice. :) Get any good ones?

Hey guys! Got my first COVID shot (I got the Pfizer version) on Saturday morning. Good news: no issues or side effects. Bad news: no super powers. My daughter was also offered one through the local pediatric hospital where she had her spinal surgery, so we took them up on it and now half of my family has had one dose of the vaccine. It's exciting to think we might be able to get to Alaska this summer after all.

We're looking at taking a day trip to go hiking this coming weekend just to get out of the house and enjoy the nicer weather.

My mom is coming in today from California to stay for a month. A blessing and a curse...

Ah yes. Know the feeling.

Good luck. DW has a different relationship with her family than mine, but I don't think either of us could handle a month with any of our relatives.

I certainly couldn't handle a month with my parents, let alone the in-laws.

My brother and sister-in-law have it worse, though. Her parents are currently in Pennsylvania while they live in Charleston, SC. Her parents just announced to them that they bought a vacation home in SC less than a mile away from them. They started looking for one about 5 days ago.

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that, Darcy. I'm sure that wasn't a fun meeting. I hope this proves out to be a better opportunity for you.

I tried watching Wanda Vision, but gave up. It was just bad. I did like the first episode of Falcon & the Winter Soldier. Anyone else watching?

I watched both. I actually enjoyed WandaVision--appreciated that it was something different for the MCU. You had to get to episode 4 for it to make any sense as to what was going on, though.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Hey guys! Got my first COVID shot (I got the Pfizer version) on Saturday morning.
Nice!
I'm still waiting for my eligibility. So far the criteria is 65 years or older. I'm old, but I'm not that old yet.
Soon, though. It seems the age criteria goes down by a year or two every day or so.
It's exciting to think we might be able to get to Alaska this summer after all.
Sure hope you get to do that. I'm just hoping to be able to travel more than an hour in any direction.

Afternoon from a sunny Westfield NB. It's another beautiful day here 16C ( 60F) . Spent 4 hrs. outside getting the winter tires off the cars and summer tires on, put the snowblower away for another year and got the bike ready for the first ride of the year tomorrow. Have a great week guys.
Morning gents.
Off to the dentist this morning. Just a routine cleaning/check up, but... damn I hate going to the dentist.
Definitely the doctor I like seeing the least( something about the sound of the drill just gets to me, even if someone else is in the chair)
We're looking at taking a day trip to go hiking this coming weekend just to get out of the house and enjoy the nicer weather.
It's great to be able to get outside without having to get dressed for cold weather.

Morning Gents.

Dang Darcy. Sorry to hear especially as this seems to have been an out of the blue thing. Hoping this results in a better future situation for you.

Happy Monday. Well, happy now that's over. Apparently, one of the reasons I went from a PRN to full time was the turnover. Someone quit, someone else put in their notice, and another went to PRN. I thought there were too many patients, and that seems to be thr consensus.

And, I can also see it's bad management. Thursday and Friday were my first solo days and I got 10 patients each day. I was busy, but handled it. Today, someone called in sick, so I got 17 patients. Ummmm...... yeah management. My boss was off today as well, so it truly was a management decision. I managed to see all but 4 patients today, discharged 5 or 6, and did 4 new assessments. I had planned on working full time for a year or more for the extra $. Now, I think it's time for me to return to that PRN position sooner than later.

And, 1st HS tennis practice today. It went well, but made for a long day after work.

I reported to the Board. The package just keeps them paying me for another year, makes it better for tax purposes. My health insurance is through DW's plan, it was a much better plan.

Glad to hear health insurance is taken care of and you have a year's worth of pay/time to figure it out. Change may not be bad a thing.

Morning, Gents! Man was it a beautiful weekend here. Spend some time with the DD out Saturday afternoon on some adventures. For her we were on a secret spies. For me? Photography. This meant I was the photographer for the super secret spy ring. :teeth: Sunday was even nicer, at around 60F, just slightly warmer than Saturday, so spent a good chunk of Sunday afternoon outside with the DD and out Chocolate Lab, Buddy, the Wonder Dog. I spent some time yesterday trying to calibrate my camera lens. So overall it was a good weekend.

Today marks the first day I'm an actual floater and no longer a trainee, and I'm looking forward to it. I was told that my job as a Fax Server Coordinator will come in handy with this job, and that it gives me a leg up on everyone else. Knowing this, and knowing that a lot of the offices are behind on scanning documents into the system, I suspect that that's what I'll be doing for a while. Let's just hope that I don't spend so much time scanning that I forget how to check patients in and out. If I don't use it, I'll lose it. With the office I'm heading to today, and knowing it's layout, I suspect I'll be at the window helping to check people in and out and scanning when there's a break in patients coming into the office. Either way I'm just happy to be working.

Hobo. Hope it went well today.

I watched both. I actually enjoyed WandaVision--appreciated that it was something different for the MCU. You had to get to episode 4 for it to make any sense as to what was going on, though.

Didn't get that far. Maybe I'll give it a chance. I read some articles with the spoilers so I know what's up. I may just skip ahead and see.

No drilling today. Just constant stabbing the gums with an ice pick. Totally enjoyable. Who doesn't like spitting blood for an hour???

That sounds amazingly fun. I've got a cracked tooth that dentist wants to fill or crown. I've been delaying the work though.

Tried something today. Turned out pretty good.

View attachment 564564

From top, counterclockwise. Egg salad sandwich, veggie pinwheel, cucumber sandwich, roast chicken and cranberry sandwich, deli ham and turkey pinwheel, and in the center, smoked salmon pinwheel.

I do like those pinwheel sandwiches, especially refrigerated. Well, I like most any sandwich.

Morning, Gents! First day as an official floater, aka Hobo, is in the books, and let me tell you, I nailed that one. As my first office as a floater I was sent to a specialty office, cardiovascular, where I ended my training last week, so the office and how things worked were still fresh in my mind. Let me tell you, it was busy. At one point the second check-in person had to step away for something, and when she got back we had a line out the door, but I handled it really well and only had a few instances where I had to ask questions. So all in all it was a good day, and experience. Now I'm off to another specialty office for the rest of the week and can't wait. Well, that's it. Have a good day and we'll chat later.

TTFN

:laughing:

:teeth:

Nice. :) Get any good ones?

Not really. I hadn't touched it in a while, so it was more about just getting out of the house and playing around with the camera. I'll see what I got and try and post a couple later.

Not yet C-section is scheduled for Wednesday. Just spent the weekend entertaining the boys; While mom had a baby shower.

Hope all goes well.

Hey guys! Got my first COVID shot (I got the Pfizer version) on Saturday morning. Good news: no issues or side effects. Bad news: no super powers. My daughter was also offered one through the local pediatric hospital where she had her spinal surgery, so we took them up on it and now half of my family has had one dose of the vaccine. It's exciting to think we might be able to get to Alaska this summer after all.

:thumbsup2

That's awesome! I so need to take a trip somewhere. I recently discovered a walking trail here on Cape Cod that I'm thinking about trying this weekend.

I certainly couldn't handle a month with my parents, let alone the in-laws.

My brother and sister-in-law have it worse, though. Her parents are currently in Pennsylvania while they live in Charleston, SC. Her parents just announced to them that they bought a vacation home in SC less than a mile away from them. They started looking for one about 5 days ago.

:rotfl2:

Happy Monday. Well, happy now that's over. Apparently, one of the reasons I went from a PRN to full time was the turnover. Someone quit, someone else put in their notice, and another went to PRN. I thought there were too many patients, and that seems to be thr consensus.

And, I can also see it's bad management. Thursday and Friday were my first solo days and I got 10 patients each day. I was busy, but handled it. Today, someone called in sick, so I got 17 patients. Ummmm...... yeah management. My boss was off today as well, so it truly was a management decision. I managed to see all but 4 patients today, discharged 5 or 6, and did 4 new assessments. I had planned on working full time for a year or more for the extra $. Now, I think it's time for me to return to that PRN position sooner than later.

So is PRN part-time? It sounds like things need to change at that hospital.

And, 1st HS tennis practice today. It went well, but made for a long day after work.

But you loved it, didn't you?

Glad to hear health insurance is taken care of and you have a year's worth of pay/time to figure it out. Change may not be bad a thing.

Hobo. Hope it went well today.

:teeth::thumbsup2 It went wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter