• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hello Humans!

It is me, the long lost DisDad from the North...and really East.
I can hardly believe how long it's been since I was on the boards. Don't take it personally. Other than the smell (have you guys showered in the last 2 months?) I really do like chatting with you guys.
Work has just been nuts the last couple months. It's basically a case of my manager working us extra hard to try and prove our group/department has enough value for the company to keep us around. Despite the upturn in oil prices and the economy, things are still very much on thin ice. I haven't felt confident in anything job wise for a long time. But I have managed to hang on this long, so I'm hoping for the best.

Other than work, not too much is different. Our two cats - one being a new kitten we got a couple months ago - have become tolerant of each other. They like to have some wresting matches now and then, but don't do any permanent damage to each other. Generally they've called a truce and sleep 18 hours a day. The life of a cat...

My family and I had to isolate back in February due to an outbreak and possible exposure at youngest DDs school. It wasn't that big a deal for us. I was working at home for 10 of the 14 days. Oldest DD is doing university courses online and youngest DD just switched to online learning. DW just had to take a couple weeks away from her part time job, but she was happy enough about that too. Everyone was fine in the end.

Oldest DD got awarded a scholarship that will pay for 90% of her last year at university. So the money that she and I have saved will now go towards the next phase of her education. She's now thinking of going away (to Halifax) to do audiology, a 3 year program. Just kind of strange to think that pretty soon she will be out of the house. One part exciting, one part terrifying.

I missed way too much to go back, but I hope you are all doing well. I did catch the last couple pages.

I tried watching Wanda Vision, but gave up. It was just bad. I did like the first episode of Falcon & the Winter Soldier. Anyone else watching?
I have not watched Falcon & Winter Soldier yet, but I will.
I did watch WandaVision and enjoyed it. The first few episodes you take them for what they are but episode 4+ is where it starts to make sense and it was very good by the end.

I watched both. I actually enjoyed WandaVision--appreciated that it was something different for the MCU. You had to get to episode 4 for it to make any sense as to what was going on, though.
Same here. As I mentioned above, it really gets going and feels like an MCU film in epsiodes 4+

I've got a couple of ideas, meeting on one tomorrow.
Sorry to hear about this Darcy. It sounds like you were taken by surprise.
As others have said, sometimes change is good and it sounds like you have some ideas.
You are fortunate to have your wife's medical.
That's one of my biggest concerns if I lose my job. DW just works part time retail, so my benefits are all we have.

Off to the dentist this morning. Just a routine cleaning/check up, but... damn I hate going to the dentist.
ditto and ditto.

From top, counterclockwise. Egg salad sandwich, veggie pinwheel, cucumber sandwich, roast chicken and cranberry sandwich, deli ham and turkey pinwheel, and in the center, smoked salmon pinwheel.

Wow, looks fancy. Nice work there.

Didn't get that far. Maybe I'll give it a chance. I read some articles with the spoilers so I know what's up. I may just skip ahead and see.

You could probably do that and not miss a ton, to be honest.

That's awesome! I so need to take a trip somewhere. I recently discovered a walking trail here on Cape Cod that I'm thinking about trying this weekend.

I think we're all sick of staring at the inside of our houses at this point.

Morning Guys.

Day two of being home, all good so far. Had a really good meeting yesterday about a potential opportunity, spent 2.5 hours discussing things. So now to take a deeper look and see what happens.

Have a good one all.

Hello Humans!

I can hardly believe how long it's been since I was on the boards. Don't take it personally. Other than the smell (have you guys showered in the last 2 months?) I really do like chatting with you guys.
Work has just been nuts the last couple months. It's basically a case of my manager working us extra hard to try and prove our group/department has enough value for the company to keep us around. Despite the upturn in oil prices and the economy, things are still very much on thin ice. I haven't felt confident in anything job wise for a long time. But I have managed to hang on this long, so I'm hoping for the best.

Other than work, not too much is different. Our two cats - one being a new kitten we got a couple months ago - have become tolerant of each other. They like to have some wresting matches now and then, but don't do any permanent damage to each other. Generally they've called a truce and sleep 18 hours a day. The life of a cat...

My family and I had to isolate back in February due to an outbreak and possible exposure at youngest DDs school. It wasn't that big a deal for us. I was working at home for 10 of the 14 days. Oldest DD is doing university courses online and youngest DD just switched to online learning. DW just had to take a couple weeks away from her part time job, but she was happy enough about that too. Everyone was fine in the end.

Oldest DD got awarded a scholarship that will pay for 90% of her last year at university. So the money that she and I have saved will now go towards the next phase of her education. She's now thinking of going away (to Halifax) to do audiology, a 3 year program. Just kind of strange to think that pretty soon she will be out of the house. One part exciting, one part terrifying.

Welcome back, good to hear from you.

Congrats to your DD on the scholarship. Is the next program at Dal?

Hello Humans!

Welcome back, Jeff! Great to hear from you.

Sorry things are still dicey at work but I'm hoping the efforts to make you guys look good are paying off. Sounds like the rest of the family is doing well.

Happy Tuesday. Well, it was another busy day at work. Had 15 new patients today - all new. Not sure why they didn't assign me some of the same patients from yesterday, but that was the management decision. I worked on 3 different floors today, and at a different workstation & different phone #. But, I managed to get all the work done. It's really just a tremendous pace, and I know I don't want to do this 5 days a week for the next 10 years. I should be able to handle it PRN though, and at least I have a choice when I work.

Morning, Gents! First day as an official floater, aka Hobo, is in the books, and let me tell you, I nailed that one. As my first office as a floater I was sent to a specialty office, cardiovascular, where I ended my training last week, so the office and how things worked were still fresh in my mind. Let me tell you, it was busy. At one point the second check-in person had to step away for something, and when she got back we had a line out the door, but I handled it really well and only had a few instances where I had to ask questions. So all in all it was a good day, and experience. Now I'm off to another specialty office for the rest of the week and can't wait. Well, that's it. Have a good day and we'll chat later.

TTFN

:laughing:

:teeth:

Not really. I hadn't touched it in a while, so it was more about just getting out of the house and playing around with the camera. I'll see what I got and try and post a couple later.

Hope all goes well.

:thumbsup2

That's awesome! I so need to take a trip somewhere. I recently discovered a walking trail here on Cape Cod that I'm thinking about trying this weekend.

:rotfl2:

So is PRN part-time? It sounds like things need to change at that hospital.

But you loved it, didn't you?

Glad to hear health insurance is taken care of and you have a year's worth of pay/time to figure it out. Change may not be bad a thing.

:teeth::thumbsup2 It went wonderful!

Glad to see you are calling yourself a proper hobo, and the job is going well. And yes, I enjoyed tennis practice. Any time on the tennis (or pickleball) court is a good time.

Part-time would be a scheduled 20-24 hours a week, 2 or 3 days depending on the shift hours. PRN would just be as needed to fill in for vacations and sick leave. So, PRN could be never, or it could be all the time. From a $ goal, I would really like 4 to 6 days a month, but with PRN, there is no guarantee. But, there is more time off.

Hello Humans!

I missed way too much to go back, but I hope you are all doing well. I did catch the last couple pages.

I did watch WandaVision and enjoyed it. The first few episodes you take them for what they are but episode 4+ is where it starts to make sense and it was very good by the end.

Same here. As I mentioned above, it really gets going and feels like an MCU film in epsiodes 4+

As others have said, sometimes change is good and it sounds like you have some ideas.
That's one of my biggest concerns if I lose my job. DW just works part time retail, so my benefits are all we have.

ditto and ditto.

Glad to see you back and that you are still working, even if it is really busy. Gasoline prices are skyrocketing here. Not sure if that relates to oil prices, but hopefully you will be good.

Congrats to dd on the 90% tuition. That's a great benefit.

Hello Humans!

ditto and ditto.
:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Jeff! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #811!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

Morning, Gents! Had another good day yesterday, and went pretty much like I suspected. There were two hobo floaters there, and since I had experience in fax server work, I was asked to help catch up the office on their back log of faxes that needed to be put into patient's records....so that's what I did yesterday. Otherwise things are going well.

Hello Humans!

Welcome back! And congrats to your DD for getting the scholarship.

I think we're all sick of staring at the inside of our houses at this point.

This is true.

Happy Tuesday. Well, it was another busy day at work. Had 15 new patients today - all new. Not sure why they didn't assign me some of the same patients from yesterday, but that was the management decision. I worked on 3 different floors today, and at a different workstation & different phone #. But, I managed to get all the work done. It's really just a tremendous pace, and I know I don't want to do this 5 days a week for the next 10 years. I should be able to handle it PRN though, and at least I have a choice when I work.

Wow! 3 different floors on the same day. That's just not cool. They should have kept you in one location.

Glad to see you are calling yourself a proper hobo, and the job is going well. And yes, I enjoyed tennis practice. Any time on the tennis (or pickleball) court is a good time.

Part-time would be a scheduled 20-24 hours a week, 2 or 3 days depending on the shift hours. PRN would just be as needed to fill in for vacations and sick leave. So, PRN could be never, or it could be all the time. From a $ goal, I would really like 4 to 6 days a month, but with PRN, there is no guarantee. But, there is more time off.

I am a proper hobo, and will call myself a hobo. :teeth:

Ah, So PRN is Per Diem...only when needed. Got it. If it works, then go for it, especially since the management seems to be a problem. And if management gets their act together maybe you can go back full-time....but only when they get their act together.

Morning Men,
Today is the big day. The wife and I drove to the big city last night and stayed in a hotel. She is so uncomfortable and ready to get the baby out. C-Section is scheduled for noon so we are just hanging out till then. I am starving for breakfast but she can’t eat so I am trying to do the right thing and not eat. Other than that ready to meet my daughter. Have a great day all!

Morning

Happy Hump Day Camel GIF - HappyHumpDay Camel GIFs

Morning Men,
Today is the big day. The wife and I drove to the big city last night and stayed in a hotel. She is so uncomfortable and ready to get the baby out. C-Section is scheduled for noon so we are just hanging out till then. I am starving for breakfast but she can’t eat so I am trying to do the right thing and not eat. Other than that ready to meet my daughter. Have a great day all!

Good luck!

Morning from a Sunny Westfield NB. Got out yesterday for the first ride of the year and may get another ride in this afternoon. Happy hump day.

Morning, Gents! Had another good day yesterday, and went pretty much like I suspected. There were two hobo floaters there, and since I had experience in fax server work, I was asked to help catch up the office on their back log of faxes that needed to be put into patient's records....so that's what I did yesterday. Otherwise things are going well.
Great to hear things are going well for you.
Morning Men,
Good luck... hope you get to eat soon😀

Morning Men,

I just want to say good luck. We're all counting on you.

And congratulations in advance!

Hello Humans!
Hey, Jeff! Nice to hear from you again.
(have you guys showered in the last 2 months?)
Of course not! We just showered 4 months ago. We're not due for our semi-annual bathing for another 2 months. Sheesh, you really are out of touch!
I get that!
My oldest DD had another couple months left of her Education degree, but a school in desperate need of a teacher begged the university for someone and Elle was at the top of their list. So she's working now and the rest of her schooling has been waived.
But it also means that she'll be moving out in the not so distant future and that's... a bit hard to wrap my head around.
Wow, looks fancy. Nice work there.
Thanks. :)
Had a really good meeting yesterday about a potential opportunity, spent 2.5 hours discussing things. So now to take a deeper look and see what happens.
That sure sounds promising. Keep us posted.
Not that far East though, is it?
Well, it's East of the rest of North America and in the middle of the ocean, so... that makes it... Middle East, right?
Otherwise things are going well.
Good to hear, CCT.
Today is the big day. The wife and I drove to the big city last night and stayed in a hotel. She is so uncomfortable and ready to get the baby out. C-Section is scheduled for noon so we are just hanging out till then.
Good luck!!
Got out yesterday for the first ride of the year and may get another ride in this afternoon.
Nice. :)
I went out for a short one a few days ago when the temps were nice. (17C/63F) But now it's -6C/21F and it's parked again.

Morning Men,
Congratulations 🎈🎉🍾🎊

Hello Humans!
Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Wait! Who are you? Do we know you? How do we know it's not a dismom trying to infiltrate and gather intel?

Don't take it personally.
Hey Randall, I think we nees to revoke his(or her) disdad status. Don't take it personal. :lmao:

That sucks. Sorry Jeff.

Oldest DD got awarded a scholarship that will pay for 90% of her last year at university. So the money that she and I have saved will now go towards the next phase of her education
That's cool!
But I think you mis-typed...
The money ... I have saved will now go towards Disney.
That's what you meant to type, right?

Last edited:
Morning Men,
cool deal! Congrats papa(again)

Morning Men,

Good luck!

Morning from a Sunny Westfield NB. Got out yesterday for the first ride of the year and may get another ride in this afternoon. Happy hump day.

:thumbsup2

Great to hear things are going well for you.

Thanks. For the first time in a very long time I'm happy with my job and can't wait to go to work.

Good to hear, CCT.

Thanks!

Morning, Gents! Work is getting more comfortable, though I did feel like I irritated my co-worker yesterday with a question. Actually, I don't think it was the question so much as the timing of said question. It was like the perfect storm of phones ringing, line of people at the counter and someone needing to reschedule something and something popped up that wasn't sure of. Leave it to me to find that perfect time to ask a question. :teeth: :laughing: Seriously, everything's going well. It was right around 2:30 pm yesterday when I realized it was Wednesday, so apparently I'm enjoying my job enough to forget what day of the week it is. Some people don't like being a hobo floater because they want to know where they are going everyday, but I enjoy it because it's something different. I'm looking forward to later today when I get the schedule for next week to see where I'm going. Well, enough of me telling how much I enjoy my job. Have a good day, everyone, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Morning from a foggy Westfield NB. I'm off to the hospital for some tests this morning. It's supposed to be another sunny day this afternoon, so I'll get some stuff done around the yard. Happy Thursday guys.
Morning, Gents! Work is getting more comfortable, though I did feel like I irritated my co-worker yesterday with a question. Actually, I don't think it was the question so much as the timing of said question. It was like the perfect storm of phones ringing, line of people at the counter and someone needing to reschedule something and something popped up that wasn't sure of. Leave it to me to find that perfect time to ask a question. :teeth: :laughing: Seriously, everything's going well. It was right around 2:30 pm yesterday when I realized it was Wednesday, so apparently I'm enjoying my job enough to forget what day of the week it is. Some people don't like being a hobo floater because they want to know where they are going everyday, but I enjoy it because it's something different. I'm looking forward to later today when I get the schedule for next week to see where I'm going. Well, enough of me telling how much I enjoy my job. Have a good day, everyone, and we'll chat later.

TTFN
It's great you are enjoying the new job.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter