• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning from a foggy Westfield NB. I'm off to the hospital for some tests this morning. It's supposed to be another sunny day this afternoon, so I'll get some stuff done around the yard. Happy Thursday guys.

It's great you are enjoying the new job.
It was foggy as all get out here this morning too. Could have cut it with a knife.

Evening Gents,
Violet came yesterday 9 lbs 0 oz. 20.5 inches long. She is healthy. Mom is just recovering we are in the hospital until at least Saturday. Hope everyone is having a great week
Great news bud, many congratulations, and welcome to the world Violet!

What a day. No more training wheels for me. I had 20 patients today, with a lot of complex social & medical issues. I really didn't want to work this hard. But, DW is planning to retire Sept 30, so if all works out, I'll stay full time until then.

I've also enjoyed coaching tennis at the HS. There are some good kids - attitudes, not players, and it's fun to see them learn, make changes, and try to improve. I probably could get try for my tennis coach certification and run my own side business. Life sure has gotten even more busy in retirement.

Morning, Gents! Had another good day yesterday, and went pretty much like I suspected. There were two hobo floaters there, and since I had experience in fax server work, I was asked to help catch up the office on their back log of faxes that needed to be put into patient's records....so that's what I did yesterday. Otherwise things are going well.

Good job proper hobo.

Ah, So PRN is Per Diem...only when needed. Got it. If it works, then go for it, especially since the management seems to be a problem. And if management gets their act together maybe you can go back full-time....but only when they get their act together.

I talked with my boss yesterday. I told her that I felt I was ready for PRN. I really like the job, and I really like the money. The reality is that if they shift to a 4-day, 10 hour schedule, then I won't be able to coach HS tennis. I was hired as 8 to 4:30, and I already miss 30+ minutes of practice now. So now, the tennis ball is in their court. Either they want me full time and are willing to adjust their own rules. Or, I'll go PRN.

Morning, Gents! Work is getting more comfortable, though I did feel like I irritated my co-worker yesterday with a question. Actually, I don't think it was the question so much as the timing of said question. It was like the perfect storm of phones ringing, line of people at the counter and someone needing to reschedule something and something popped up that wasn't sure of. Leave it to me to find that perfect time to ask a question. :teeth: :laughing: Seriously, everything's going well. It was right around 2:30 pm yesterday when I realized it was Wednesday, so apparently I'm enjoying my job enough to forget what day of the week it is. Some people don't like being a hobo floater because they want to know where they are going everyday, but I enjoy it because it's something different. I'm looking forward to later today when I get the schedule for next week to see where I'm going. Well, enough of me telling how much I enjoy my job. Have a good day, everyone, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Good job hobo. At least no one called you conspiracy nut. Even worse when you're right.

The best batman movie of them all. Good job on super page ownage.

Evening Gents,
Violet came yesterday 9 lbs 0 oz. 20.5 inches long. She is healthy. Mom is just recovering we are in the hospital until at least Saturday. Hope everyone is having a great week

Congratulations. Did you do the name for Disney? Incredibles? Or, a family name?

What a day. No more training wheels for me. I had 20 patients today, with a lot of complex social & medical issues. I really didn't want to work this hard. But, DW is planning to retire Sept 30, so if all works out, I'll stay full time until then.

I've also enjoyed coaching tennis at the HS. There are some good kids - attitudes, not players, and it's fun to see them learn, make changes, and try to improve. I probably could get try for my tennis coach certification and run my own side business. Life sure has gotten even more busy in retirement.

Good job proper hobo.

I talked with my boss yesterday. I told her that I felt I was ready for PRN. I really like the job, and I really like the money. The reality is that if they shift to a 4-day, 10 hour schedule, then I won't be able to coach HS tennis. I was hired as 8 to 4:30, and I already miss 30+ minutes of practice now. So now, the tennis ball is in their court. Either they want me full time and are willing to adjust their own rules. Or, I'll go PRN.

Good job hobo. At least no one called you conspiracy nut. Even worse when you're right.

The best batman movie of them all. Good job on super page ownage.

Congratulations. Did you do the name for Disney? Incredibles? Or, a family name?
My wife’s aunt who died on the same day we found out she was pregnant that was her favorite color.

Hey, Gents! Good day yesterday, and now on to Friday! Have a good day, Gents!

Evening Gents,

Congratulations, Mom and Dad! Welcome to the world, little Princess Violet! May your dreams be filled with princesses, fairies, and unicorns.

I give you a big :thumbsup2 for making it to 20 patients! That's awesome. And September is a few months away, so you can do it until then. Remember, we're all here to vent to when you need it. Lord knows you guys heard enough from me. :teeth: I had a patient yesterday that got mad when I asked him to sign his Consent to Treat, HIPPA form, and Medicare form. He refused to sign, but I insisted, and he still refused. Finally I looked at his DW and asked her to sign because it was clear he wasn't going to. "JUST SIGN THE DOCUMENT AND I CAN STOP BUGGING YOU!!!!!" So annoying. I had a case worker bring in a patient to the cardio office on Monday and then leave. This patient, while verbal, didn't know anything, couldn't answer anything, and therefore stopped talking when he felt overwhelmed....and the case worker LEFT! So annoying

You should get your coaching certification. When/if you leave the hospital job, or just go down to when they need you, you can do something you love and get paid for it.

Good job proper hobo.

Thanks, fellow hobo.

I hope you can keep the hours you have now. And if they realize you're an asset that they need to keep around, they'll let you stay on the hours you have now.

This is true, but I am from Roswell, NM, so give it time before someone calls me a conspiracy nut.

Evening Gents,
Congratulations again and enjoy the food there!

Evening Gents,

Congratulations, and welcome Violet!

The hospital food here is horrendous. Usually hospital food is pretty good but it is bad. So bad I wouldn’t even give it as scraps to my chickens. We have been spending money on DoorDash.

I don't think I've ever seen a hospital with good food. When my wife had our kids, my job was to run out and bring in "real" food for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter