• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, gents.

Evening Gents,
Violet came yesterday 9 lbs 0 oz. 20.5 inches long. She is healthy. Mom is just recovering we are in the hospital until at least Saturday. Hope everyone is having a great week
Congratulations! Welcome Violet!
What a day. No more training wheels for me. I had 20 patients today, with a lot of complex social & medical issues. I really didn't want to work this hard.
Whoa...
But, DW is planning to retire Sept 30, so if all works out, I'll stay full time until then.
That's gotta make it a bit more palatable. Knowing there's an end makes a lot of things more bearable.
I probably could get try for my tennis coach certification and run my own side business.
That actually sounds like a pretty good idea.

Lets roll out an old one as I've been at Legoland 12 hours a day and 70 mile journey either side...

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Last one standing in Trader Sams after several rum flights, gets to to take Stacey home. And let me tell ya, out of her Top 10 things to do, I'm pretty sure 2 and 7 are still illegal in Alabama.

Have a great weekend chaps.

Last edited:
Lets roll out an old one as I've been at Legoland 12 hours a day and 70 mile journey either side...

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Last one standing in Trader Sams after several rum flights, get to to take Stacey home. And let me tell ya, out of her Top 10 things to do, I'm pretty sure 2 and 7 are still illegal in Alabama.

Have a great weekend chaps.
Actually... I'm pretty sure that Alabama might be the only place where they are legal.

And, home from work and another Friday. Another 20 patients today, and I got a note on 100% of them. That's a first for that as well. It's a beautiful day here, and I'm missing the opportunity to be in the sun. Still, I'm hoping this is the last summer I have to work everyday, and that's still up in the air. The director of the department was out these last 2 days, so maybe next week, I'll find out what's in store for my future. I did get my first chart audit (random draw), and I scored a 20/20. It may be because there are some COVID waivers, but I'll take it. Hope you all have a great weekend.

My wife’s aunt who died on the same day we found out she was pregnant that was her favorite color.

Well, that is really sad and a great tribute at the same time. I was really close with my aunt who taught me to play the piano and who was my Confirmation sponsor. My first born daughter's middle name is in tribute to her.

I give you a big :thumbsup2 for making it to 20 patients! That's awesome. And September is a few months away, so you can do it until then. Remember, we're all here to vent to when you need it. Lord knows you guys heard enough from me. :teeth: I had a patient yesterday that got mad when I asked him to sign his Consent to Treat, HIPPA form, and Medicare form. He refused to sign, but I insisted, and he still refused. Finally I looked at his DW and asked her to sign because it was clear he wasn't going to. "JUST SIGN THE DOCUMENT AND I CAN STOP BUGGING YOU!!!!!" So annoying. I had a case worker bring in a patient to the cardio office on Monday and then leave. This patient, while verbal, didn't know anything, couldn't answer anything, and therefore stopped talking when he felt overwhelmed....and the case worker LEFT! So annoying

Thanks. I had 20 again today, and entered notes on 19 of them. Someone else picked up one because their re-admission score was too high, but messaged me that my d/c plan was the right one and didn't change anything. The other 2 were in surgery when I went to see them.

We follow the patient choice requirements, so even though people make stupid choices, we have to follow them. Unless we get them to change their mind. And, the d/c planner is just the dummy who points out, sure you can't walk on your own, how would you get to the bathroom. But, once the Dr says it, then they are all about accepting help. Try, "the Dr. would like you to sign this document", & they agree. :lmao: :sad2:

You should get your coaching certification. When/if you leave the hospital job, or just go down to when they need you, you can do something you love and get paid for it.

Thanks. I'm really considering it. Not sure why I didn't before. I've checked into it, and it's not that expensive. One of the requirements is demonstrating how you would run a practice. I got that covered.

::yes::

I don't think I've ever seen a hospital with good food. When my wife had our kids, my job was to run out and bring in "real" food for her.

People love our hospital food. The only ones who complain are the patients who get tagged with the ada, low salt diet. I've not eaten it yet.

That's gotta make it a bit more palatable. Knowing there's an end makes a lot of things more bearable.

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea.

I never thought it would be about the $, but it is really great at the hospital. I'm having fun coaching tennis, but don't know if I could make enough money at it.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Last one standing in Trader Sams after several rum flights, gets to to take Stacey home. And let me tell ya, out of her Top 10 things to do, I'm pretty sure 2 and 7 are still illegal in Alabama.

I'm all for illegal stuff. Giggity!!!

Actually... I'm pretty sure that Alabama might be the only place where they are legal.

Don't sell us short in KY. I think marriage is still legal here at age 16.

Morning, Gents! Hope all is well. Friday went, well, a little slow. Two of the four doctors are out on Fridays, as were their nurses/medical assistants, so it was a slow day. Great day to get things done, which I helped with, but slow in seeing patients. Because it was slow, we got caught up on work that needed to be done. Truth be told, I'd rather have planned my next trip to the World, but I'm not going to go there and screw up my chances at this job. Constellation prize was I find out that that the other receptionist at that location is a big Disney fan, so I had fun discussing things with her. Outside that all is well. Have a good day.

The hospital food here is horrendous. Usually hospital food is pretty good but it is bad. So bad I wouldn’t even give it as scraps to my chickens. We have been spending money on DoorDash.

I don't think I've ever seen a hospital with good food. When my wife had our kids, my job was to run out and bring in "real" food for her.

This is funny because I don't think I've ever eaten bad food at a hospital. I guess I've been lucky.

And, home from work and another Friday. Another 20 patients today, and I got a note on 100% of them. That's a first for that as well. It's a beautiful day here, and I'm missing the opportunity to be in the sun. Still, I'm hoping this is the last summer I have to work everyday, and that's still up in the air. The director of the department was out these last 2 days, so maybe next week, I'll find out what's in store for my future. I did get my first chart audit (random draw), and I scored a 20/20. It may be because there are some COVID waivers, but I'll take it. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Congrats, dude! That's awesome!

Thanks. I had 20 again today, and entered notes on 19 of them. Someone else picked up one because their re-admission score was too high, but messaged me that my d/c plan was the right one and didn't change anything. The other 2 were in surgery when I went to see them.

:thumbsup2

We follow the patient choice requirements, so even though people make stupid choices, we have to follow them. Unless we get them to change their mind. And, the d/c planner is just the dummy who points out, sure you can't walk on your own, how would you get to the bathroom. But, once the Dr says it, then they are all about accepting help. Try, "the Dr. would like you to sign this document", & they agree. :lmao: :sad2:

Patient's are an interesting bunch.

Thanks. I'm really considering it. Not sure why I didn't before. I've checked into it, and it's not that expensive. One of the requirements is demonstrating how you would run a practice. I got that covered.

I'd do it and use it for extra $ on the side. And if it's something you like, then why not make some money on the side?

I never thought it would be about the $, but it is really great at the hospital. I'm having fun coaching tennis, but don't know if I could make enough money at it.

I'm not sure what the position pays if I'm an actual employee instead of a temp from a temp agency, but I really like what I do and can't wait to go back to work on Mondays. I know that sounds strange, but I really do enjoy going to work.

As for coaching tennis, you'd basically be making extra spending money by doing something you love. So....why not?

Happy Saturday all!

Lots of rain yesterday and then just enough snow to cover the ground. We are in flood watch season so yesterday's rain probably is a bit concerning for people in areas prone to spring flooding.

Race weekend with the first F1 race of the season and NASCAR has made Bristol Motor Speedway into a dirt track. Watching those cars on a dirt track should make for some interesting racing

Have a good one all.

Morning from an overcast and cool Westfield NB. WE are going to DD swimming lessons, then grab some lunch.
Happy Saturday guys.
Happy Saturday all!

Lots of rain yesterday and then just enough snow to cover the ground. We are in flood watch season so yesterday's rain probably is a bit concerning for people in areas prone to spring flooding.

Race weekend with the first F1 race of the season and NASCAR has made Bristol Motor Speedway into a dirt track. Watching those cars on a dirt track should make for some interesting racing

Have a good one all.
WE got high winds and heavy rain but no snow, ahh ...the advantage of living in the south. :lmao: :lmao:

Happy Saturday. Tennis this AM, property searching, and a late lunch at the gyro house. I'm ready for a nap. Y'll have a great weekend.

Morning, Gents! Hope all is well. Friday went, well, a little slow. Two of the four doctors are out on Fridays, as were their nurses/medical assistants, so it was a slow day. Great day to get things done, which I helped with, but slow in seeing patients. Because it was slow, we got caught up on work that needed to be done. Truth be told, I'd rather have planned my next trip to the World, but I'm not going to go there and screw up my chances at this job. Constellation prize was I find out that that the other receptionist at that location is a big Disney fan, so I had fun discussing things with her. Outside that all is well. Have a good day.

Glad you had s good day. They have a hospitalist schedule rotation, but I don't bother to look. I know we have weekend staff, but not as many as the weekday staff. So, I guess we get most out by Friday, and keep the new ones until Monday.

As for coaching tennis, you'd basically be making extra spending money by doing something you love. So....why not?

I'm thinking about it. DW plans to retire end of September. We will both have our retirement incomes & health insurance. She started a side business to continue in retirement. I went to work at the hospital to be able to work 2 days a week and bring in a good amount of $ as well. If I coached tennis, it may have to be more days a week than that.

Discharge day. 3 hour drive home. Ready to be home in my own bed. Hope everyone has a super weekend.

Again, congratulations. Enjoy the first of many car rides together.

Morning, Gents! Sunday today and a day of rest for me and the DD. Spent a good chunk of yesterday running around with the DD and exploring local stuff. This was also a way for me to practiced some photography. I haven't gone through the pictures yet, but when I do I'll try and post some.

Happy Saturday all!

Friday was overcast, windy and some rain throughout the day, so maybe you guys got what we had on Friday.

Discharge day. 3 hour drive home. Ready to be home in my own bed. Hope everyone has a super weekend.

:thumbsup2 Welcome home little princess.

Glad you had s good day. They have a hospitalist schedule rotation, but I don't bother to look. I know we have weekend staff, but not as many as the weekday staff. So, I guess we get most out by Friday, and keep the new ones until Monday.

With the hospitalist schedule, is that the schedule for the patient checkout staff, or all staff in general?

I'm thinking about it. DW plans to retire end of September. We will both have our retirement incomes & health insurance. She started a side business to continue in retirement. I went to work at the hospital to be able to work 2 days a week and bring in a good amount of $ as well. If I coached tennis, it may have to be more days a week than that.

My golden years is why I got into the medical field, specifically the coding field, though I'm still not certified. Yeah, I know, "get with it!" I'm working on it, extremely slowly. But I digress. For me, it's being able to work in an environment where I'm not over exerting myself. I don't mind working out, but as I'm getting older I notice I can't do what I use to, thus the office job. I also am trying to set up a photography business on the side. Not necessarily to make a ton of money, but some extra spending cash. I also think it helps to have something to go to 2-3 times a week when you're retired, so having that part-time job is nice.

Last edited:
Ok, here's a few pictures from yesterday's adventure.

This is "Stickwork" by sculptor Patrick Dougherty at Highfield Hall in Falmouth, MA.
IMG_7939.jpg

This is an inside look in one, uh, rooms(?), but it'll give you an idea of what the inside looks like. Can you imagine what it took to not only grow this, to shape it while it's growing. You don't know how it's going to look until it starts to grow.
IMG_7949.jpg

An anchor at Spohr Garden in Falmouth, MA
IMG_7930.jpg

Another anchor at Spohr Garden in Falmouth, MA
IMG_7927.jpg

It's a relaxing Sunday. Watched England vs Albania soccer. Going to Church tonight. But, there's that thought of work tomorrow - ugh.

With the hospitalist schedule, is that the schedule for the patient checkout staff, or all staff in general?

Seems like almost every discipline and/ or department has their own shift schedule. Floor nurses are 3 days, 12 hour shift. Case Manager nurses are 5 days, 8 hours. Hospitalists take turns covering weekends, but ED MD have different schedule than Floor MD. It's amazing how many moving parts there are that come together.

My golden years is why I got into the medical field, specifically the coding field, though I'm still not certified. Yeah, I know, "get with it!" I'm working on it, extremely slowly. But I digress. For me, it's being able to work in an environment where I'm not over exerting myself. I don't mind working out, but as I'm getting older I notice I can't do what I use to, thus the office job. I also am trying to set up a photography business on the side. Not necessarily to make a ton of money, but some extra spending cash. I also think it helps to have something to go to 2-3 times a week when you're retired, so having that part-time job is nice.

That's what I continue to debate. I still have over a decade before I really consider actual retirement. So, what to do for the next 10 years? I could work full time at the hospital and make enough $ for pretty much all my dreams in retirement - beachfront condo, secluded cabin, & international travel. Or, I could work PRN at the hospital and/or tennis coach to supplement enough $ while DW and I camp around the country.

Either way, we both still have retirement accounts (mutual fund IRAs) that could double double by then. I've always done the responsible thing - worked, invested - for tomorrow. But, tomorrow holds promise to no one. I think I'm ready for the adventure now, or at least, 6 months from now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter