• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Gents! Back to Work Monday and looking forward to it. (quickly ducks things being thrown at me) Wait! I know, I know, no one really likes Monday, but, well....ok, fine. I hate Mondays, too. :sad: :teeth: Today I'm at Cardio, actually twice this week, with a few other offices thrown in for good measure.

I'd like to ask for a favor, if you guys don't mind. My DW did something to her back a couple of weeks back and she's still in a lot of pain. She's been seeing a chiropractor twice a week trying to get it adjusted and all, but she's still in quite the pain. If you guys could take a moment and send some prayers/good thoughts my DW's way I'd appreciate it. Thanks, guys.

Seems like almost every discipline and/ or department has their own shift schedule. Floor nurses are 3 days, 12 hour shift. Case Manager nurses are 5 days, 8 hours. Hospitalists take turns covering weekends, but ED MD have different schedule than Floor MD. It's amazing how many moving parts there are that come together.

Wow! I didn't think of that. Of course every dept./discipline will have their own schedule. So are you considered Floor MD? And what does that stand for? And it is amazing how many parts there are and how they make it all work.

That's what I continue to debate. I still have over a decade before I really consider actual retirement. So, what to do for the next 10 years? I could work full time at the hospital and make enough $ for pretty much all my dreams in retirement - beachfront condo, secluded cabin, & international travel. Or, I could work PRN at the hospital and/or tennis coach to supplement enough $ while DW and I camp around the country.

Either way, we both still have retirement accounts (mutual fund IRAs) that could double double by then. I've always done the responsible thing - worked, invested - for tomorrow. But, tomorrow holds promise to no one. I think I'm ready for the adventure now, or at least, 6 months from now.

That's the question, my friend, and one that'll take time, and lots of thinking it through, before you can answer. Like I said before, I'm kind of screwed when it comes to retirement. What I did have got eaten up when the economy tanked a few years back, so I'm going to have to hit it hard in order to save, yet another reason I chose this field, something that I can continue to do well into retirement years.

I'd like to ask for a favor, if you guys don't mind. My DW did something to her back a couple of weeks back and she's still in a lot of pain. She's been seeing a chiropractor twice a week trying to get it adjusted and all, but she's still in quite the pain. If you guys could take a moment and send some prayers/good thoughts my DW's way I'd appreciate it. Thanks, g
praying

Morning folks.

I'd like to ask for a favor, if you guys don't mind. My DW did something to her back a couple of weeks back and she's still in a lot of pain. She's been seeing a chiropractor twice a week trying to get it adjusted and all, but she's still in quite the pain. If you guys could take a moment and send some prayers/good thoughts my DW's way I'd appreciate it. Thanks, guys.
Ugh. Back pain is the worst. Been there a few times. Hope she heals quickly.

Morning All. Hope Monday leads you all into a good week.

Hope she's better soon.

Morning from an overcast Westfield NB. The start of another week, not much planned I'll see what comes along.

Sending prayers, hope she recovers quickly.

Hey guys! Had a nice little day trip this weekend. We drove over and hiked around Harper's Ferry, West Virginia. More specifically, we did the Maryland Heights trail, which involves walking across the Potomac River on an old railroad bridge (part of the Appalachian Trail) and then climbing up a small mountain on the Maryland side for a great view of the town and confluence of the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers. Beautiful weather, and a good time was had by all.

(not my photo)

harpersferry_1_16x9.jpg

A bad back is the worst! Keeps you from being able to do anything. Hope she recovers soon.

Hey guys! Had a nice little day trip this weekend. We drove over and hiked around Harper's Ferry, West Virginia. More specifically, we did the Maryland Heights trail, which involves walking across the Potomac River on an old railroad bridge (part of the Appalachian Trail) and then climbing up a small mountain on the Maryland side for a great view of the town and confluence of the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers. Beautiful weather, and a good time was had by all.
Sounds like a pretty good day trip. :)
(not my photo)
But it was your hike?

Hey, Guys! Busy, Busy day, so I'm glad it's over.

Ugh. Back pain is the worst. Been there a few times. Hope she heals quickly.
Hope she's better soon.
Sending prayers, hope she recovers quickly.

Thanks, guys, the DW and I appreciate it.

(not my photo)

harpersferry_1_16x9.jpg

That's nice. I'm wanting to do more day trip stuff around here, something I've not done in the 22 years I've lived here.

A bad back is the worst! Keeps you from being able to do anything. Hope she recovers soon.

Thanks

What a busy day. I definitely have a full caseload, and it looks that way going forward. I like the job, I like the money, but I don't like working this pace everyday.

Morning, Gents! Back to Work Monday and looking forward to it. (quickly ducks things being thrown at me) Wait! I know, I know, no one really likes Monday, but, well....ok, fine. I hate Mondays, too. :sad: :teeth: Today I'm at Cardio, actually twice this week, with a few other offices thrown in for good measure.

Prayers for DW. When I hurt my back, I skipped the chiropractor for the MD who wrote my a script for muscle relaxers. They were wonderful. I still have some narco left from the last injury. I heard my meds.

Wow! I didn't think of that. Of course every dept./discipline will have their own schedule. So are you considered Floor MD? And what does that stand for? And it is amazing how many parts there are and how they make it all work.

I'm not a MD. Social Worker. I'm a Case Manager, and assigned to a floor, or multiple floors. I think there are some hospital accreditation standards or regs that require a social worker discharge planner on specific units, i.e., Mother/ Baby, Rehab, Transitional Care. But, you can't just hire 3 people, so I get to hobo onto whatever floor needs is open, which is for a vacancy or leave.

That's the question, my friend, and one that'll take time, and lots of thinking it through, before you can answer. Like I said before, I'm kind of screwed when it comes to retirement. What I did have got eaten up when the economy tanked a few years back, so I'm going to have to hit it hard in order to save, yet another reason I chose this field, something that I can continue to do well into retirement years.

I can answer that easily. I'm ready to lay it down now. I could live happily on my retirement. I'd prefer a log cabin in the middle of nowhere, as long as I had tv & internet. :lmao: I can play tennis or pickleball everyday if I want.

But, I'm trying to answer that with DW, which is a lot more difficult as she still isn't sure.

Glad you made it out. Sounds like a good walk.

Morning, Gents! So I was at cardio yesterday, and man was yesterday a busy day. There was a point when the line of patients waiting to check-in was was out the door. I'm at another office today, one I haven't been at, so I'm not sure what to expect. Otherwise, life is normal.

Oh, and again, I wanted to thank everyone for the good thoughts for my DW.

What a busy day. I definitely have a full caseload, and it looks that way going forward. I like the job, I like the money, but I don't like working this pace everyday.

Working that kind of pace can be brutal. Let's hope they can find more people who are qualified to fill the position.

Prayers for DW. When I hurt my back, I skipped the chiropractor for the MD who wrote my a script for muscle relaxers. They were wonderful. I still have some narco left from the last injury. I heard my meds.

Thanks for the prayers. Muscle relaxers are great.

I'm not a MD. Social Worker. I'm a Case Manager, and assigned to a floor, or multiple floors. I think there are some hospital accreditation standards or regs that require a social worker discharge planner on specific units, i.e., Mother/ Baby, Rehab, Transitional Care. But, you can't just hire 3 people, so I get to hobo onto whatever floor needs is open, which is for a vacancy or leave.

I did it again! I'm 0-2 on this one. Of course a MD is a medical doctor. Wow! Did I get that wrong. Well, let's hope they can find more people that are qualified for the position.

I can answer that easily. I'm ready to lay it down now. I could live happily on my retirement. I'd prefer a log cabin in the middle of nowhere, as long as I had tv & internet. :lmao: I can play tennis or pickleball everyday if I want.

Well of course you'd have to have those. Sheesh!

But, I'm trying to answer that with DW, which is a lot more difficult as she still isn't sure.

Trying to get on the same page with something like this is difficult. At least you have a few months to work that out before she's retired.

What a weird day.
Yesterday, I went for a walk with the kids and the dogs. Beautiful day 19C/66F out. No jacket required. Woke up this morning... Everything's covered in roughly 1/2" of snow and it's -10C/14F.

Bit of a temperature swing. 20C/50F degrees in about 12 hours.

Hey. This is a family site. None of that, mister.

What a weird day.
Yesterday, I went for a walk with the kids and the dogs. Beautiful day 19C/66F out. No jacket required. Woke up this morning... Everything's covered in roughly 1/2" of snow and it's -10C/14F.

Sounds like you should all have pneumonia in a day or so.

Afternoon gents. Work is crazy / off the charts global supply chain management right now is impossible. Burned a couple of roll over PTO days for a 4 day weekend this past weekend. Our Nephew and his young family ( 3 yr old and 10 month old) came down from Chicago to visit my MIL and us. Everyone fully vaccinated made for a real nice family visit - been too long. You guys be safe out there and if i missed any major events for anyone since last checking in my apologies and bacon, bourbon, cigars and Mickey Bars - Cheers!
Evening Gents,
Violet came yesterday 9 lbs 0 oz. 20.5 inches long. She is healthy. Mom is just recovering we are in the hospital until at least Saturday. Hope everyone is having a great week
Congratulations! Sorry a bit overdue on my part
Pixie Dust on the way for DW!

What a weird day.

Hey. This is a family site. None of that, mister.
Funny that happened here this morning too. Ready for it to be 76 F this weekend

Sounds like you should all have pneumonia in a day or so.
Is that better or worse than Covid?
Work is crazy / off the charts global supply chain management right now is impossible.
Any of that a result or trickle down from the Suez blockage?
Our Nephew and his young family ( 3 yr old and 10 month old) came down from Chicago to visit my MIL and us. Everyone fully vaccinated made for a real nice family visit - been too long.
Surely the children weren't immunized??
Funny that happened here this morning too. Ready for it to be 76 F this weekend
Highs below freezing today and tomorrow, but 64 by Friday.

Happy Tuesday. It was another busy day. I got to see the ending of a difficult case from start to finish, from a plan I created. It was quite rewarding. And with that, I requested to go PRN status. I really like the job and the money. But, I don't want to work that much everyday. My boss asked if I would stay full time for another month, and I agreed. I'm ready to stop chasing the $ and enjoy my time.

Morning, Gents! So I was at cardio yesterday, and man was yesterday a busy day. There was a point when the line of patients waiting to check-in was was out the door. I'm at another office today, one I haven't been at, so I'm not sure what to expect. Otherwise, life is normal.

Yes, it is a busy pace. Hope it was better today.

Trying to get on the same page with something like this is difficult. At least you have a few months to work that out before she's retired.

That's one of the things we've struggled with our whole marriage, getting on the same page with money. I think we've done the basics ok, but we spend too much on different stuff.

Afternoon gents. Work is crazy / off the charts global supply chain management right now is impossible. Burned a couple of roll over PTO days for a 4 day weekend this past weekend. Our Nephew and his young family ( 3 yr old and 10 month old) came down from Chicago to visit my MIL and us. Everyone fully vaccinated made for a real nice family visit - been too long. You guys be safe out there and if i missed any major events for anyone since last checking in my apologies and bacon, bourbon, cigars and Mickey Bars - Cheers!

Sounds really busy. Glad you got a few days off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter