• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, everyone! Happy Hump Day! Whoop! Whoop! Well, yesterday was interesting. My schedule said that I was to work 8am to 4pm yesterday, so I was there at 7:45 ready to get to work. I went to the side entrance and used my badge to get in the building. After walking around the entire building I discovered no one there, so I went back to my car and listened to the radio for a while. Turns out the office opens at 9am, and the staff gets there at 8:30 am. Ok, minor problem, but one I was willing to deal with. I get inside and was shown my desk. Then one of the doctors shows up and, well, here's the conversation:

Dr. "Hi. I don't know you, do you work here? You have a badge."
Me: "Yes, sir, I work here. I'm a floating receptionist assigned to work here today. This is my first time at this office."
Dr. "Well welcome. I hate to do this to you on your first day here, but I have to be in surgery at 12:30 pm and will need to reschedule my afternoon patients. Sorry. Have a good day." (then walks off)
Me (left standing there thinking): "Well, there goes a smooth day."

Things ramped up pretty quickly after that. I'll tell you one thing, my morning went by quickly. After all the patients were rescheduled things smoothed out after that, so over all a good day.

Afternoon gents. Work is crazy / off the charts global supply chain management right now is impossible. Burned a couple of roll over PTO days for a 4 day weekend this past weekend. Our Nephew and his young family ( 3 yr old and 10 month old) came down from Chicago to visit my MIL and us. Everyone fully vaccinated made for a real nice family visit - been too long. You guys be safe out there and if i missed any major events for anyone since last checking in my apologies and bacon, bourbon, cigars and Mickey Bars - Cheers!

Did the Suez Canal blockage have anything to do with it?

Pixie Dust on the way for DW!

Thanks.

Happy Tuesday. It was another busy day. I got to see the ending of a difficult case from start to finish, from a plan I created. It was quite rewarding. And with that, I requested to go PRN status. I really like the job and the money. But, I don't want to work that much everyday. My boss asked if I would stay full time for another month, and I agreed. I'm ready to stop chasing the $ and enjoy my time.

Yes, it is a busy pace. Hope it was better today.

As much as everyone hates being slammed with work, I kind of like it, to a point, because it makes the day go by. At some point, I do like it when things slow down, though.

That's one of the things we've struggled with our whole marriage, getting on the same page with money. I think we've done the basics ok, but we spend too much on different stuff.

That's us as well. Though I'm not one to go out and spend all we have, I do like to spend some....like on vacations.

Happy day all.

Stare Camel GIF - Stare Camel Really GIFs

Morning, folks.
Snow still on the ground, so may just bury my head in a pillow and skip today.
Dr. "Well welcome. I hate to do this to you on your first day here, but I have to be in surgery at 12:30 pm and will need to reschedule my afternoon patients. Sorry. Have a good day." (then walks off)

Things ramped up pretty quickly after that. I'll tell you one thing, my morning went by quickly. After all the patients were rescheduled things smoothed out after that, so over all a good day.
Whoops!
But sounds like you handled it all well. :)
Is he doing it right?
:eek:

Is that better or worse than Covid?

No one knows anymore.

Happy Tuesday. It was another busy day. I got to see the ending of a difficult case from start to finish, from a plan I created. It was quite rewarding. And with that, I requested to go PRN status. I really like the job and the money. But, I don't want to work that much everyday. My boss asked if I would stay full time for another month, and I agreed. I'm ready to stop chasing the $ and enjoy my time.

Hope you have peace about the decision.

Me: "Yes, sir, I work here. I'm a floating receptionist assigned to work here today. This is my first time at this office."

Nothing like getting thrown into the deep end!

Snow still on the ground, so may just bury my head in a pillow and skip today.

Let me know if that works!

Afternoon fellas. Bricksburg's newest store handed over yesterday, so that's 2 in a month of the new format. Hopefully now I'll get to do my day job.
It was Bonus/yearly review on Friday, so that went pretty well. Bought the kids a Basketball hoop system that goes from 6.5ft to NBA height. The Lady K threw a fit as when you piece it all together its at full height, which looked a little bit intrusive in our English garden. She's calmed down a bit now.

Hopefully everyone is OK and living life on the green side of the sod.
Dole Whips, Bacon, High Fives, Man Hugs all round.

Catch up soon

Any of that a result or trickle down from the Suez blockage?
Yep - messing with product we move from Asia to Europe - the globe was already a big cargo ship parking lot with port back-ups and shortage of container and ship space, this just pours gas on the fire
Surely the children weren't immunized??
Sorry, all adults vaccinated, not the 2 little ones
All the best for you Norm with the decision :thumbsup2

Bought the kids a Basketball hoop system that goes from 6.5ft to NBA height.
I think I'd have trouble with the 6.5 height, let alone 10'.
The Lady K threw a fit as when you piece it all together its at full height, which looked a little bit intrusive in our English garden. She's calmed down a bit now.
Yup. Until the kids start raising it. :rolleyes1
Yep - messing with product we move from Asia to Europe - the globe was already a big cargo ship parking lot with port back-ups and shortage of container and ship space, this just pours gas on the fire
:headache: Ouch...

What another busy day. It's bourbon time. The job seems to be making more sense, but the pace is just so difficult. I'm pretty much even with others around 15-18 patients. I'm covering two floors, so maybe I'm getting the easy patients on both?

The MD of our Department asked me today if one was my new permanent floor, and that I was doing a good job. It feels nice to be appreciated.

Morning, everyone! Happy Hump Day! Whoop! Whoop! Well, yesterday was interesting. My schedule said that I was to work 8am to 4pm yesterday, so I was there at 7:45 ready to get to work. I went to the side entrance and used my badge to get in the building. After walking around the entire building I discovered no one there, so I went back to my car and listened to the radio for a while. Turns out the office opens at 9am, and the staff gets there at 8:30 am. Ok, minor problem, but one I was willing to deal with. I get inside and was shown my desk. Then one of the doctors shows up and, well, here's the conversation:

As much as everyone hates being slammed with work, I kind of like it, to a point, because it makes the day go by. At some point, I do like it when things slow down, though.

Well, I guess too early is better than too late. :sad2:

On one of my first solo days, a MD asked why a patient was still here in the hospital. I said, "I don't know, you haven't discharged him yet?" I told him that HH and O2 was set and family was here for the drive home. I had it all charted, but hadn't sent MD a 1 sentence message to provide info. :sad2:

I'm so incredibly busy from start to finish. I've even managed some OT, staying late for working family members this week. That's one of the reasons I'm good for 2 days a week. I just don't want to have to work this hard.

That's us as well. Though I'm not one to go out and spend all we have, I do like to spend some....like on vacations.

I like the big ticket items- vacation, retaurants, and tennis ain't a cheap sport. Although, she's taken more vacations than me though lately.

Hope you have peace about the decision.

I am. I've run the budget $s. We can pay all our bills on retirement income. But, I still want to play indoor tennis, go out to eat, go to Disney, buy bourbon, etc. And, with the $ I get at the hospital, I can afford that averaging 2 days a week. If DW's new business is successful, then even more. I can't get back the time though.

All the best for you Norm with the decision :thumbsup2

Thanks. If our investments do well, we will have enough money at 59.5 to purchase that beach condo, or whatever else we decide on. In this brief time at the hospital, I've seen healthy, young people, lose the ability to function due to accidents. It's time I enjoyed the next 10 years while I'm still able.

Last edited:
Evening Men,
Hope everyone is doing well. Just enjoying time with the baby she is so darn cute. I have 7 more weeks off and have started leveling a pad for a new playground the boys are getting for their birthdays. I wish I had a flat piece of land on my property would make it a lot easier with my tractor. Learning a lot about excavating.

The MD of our Department asked me today if one was my new permanent floor, and that I was doing a good job. It feels nice to be appreciated.
Nice. You sure are working your tucus off though!
Just enjoying time with the baby she is so darn cute.
:)
have started leveling a pad for a new playground the boys are getting for their birthdays. I wish I had a flat piece of land on my property would make it a lot easier with my tractor. Learning a lot about excavating.
:worship:

Morning, Gents! Had a good day yesterday training in scheduling, something I already knew how to do, but it's a bit more difficult when you have to determine why a patient needs to be seen when there's no reason indicated in their record. Sleuthing 101. I had fun. Outside that, all's well. Have a good day.

Whoops!
But sounds like you handled it all well. :)

It certainly was shocking, but I think I handled it well.

Nothing like getting thrown into the deep end!

Right?! But that's how you learn.

What another busy day. It's bourbon time. The job seems to be making more sense, but the pace is just so difficult. I'm pretty much even with others around 15-18 patients. I'm covering two floors, so maybe I'm getting the easy patients on both?

You're getting better.

That's awesome! Congrats!

Well, I guess too early is better than too late. :sad2:

On one of my first solo days, a MD asked why a patient was still here in the hospital. I said, "I don't know, you haven't discharged him yet?" I told him that HH and O2 was set and family was here for the drive home. I had it all charted, but hadn't sent MD a 1 sentence message to provide info. :sad2:

I'm so incredibly busy from start to finish. I've even managed some OT, staying late for working family members this week. That's one of the reasons I'm good for 2 days a week. I just don't want to have to work this hard.

Amazing how one missing sentence/bit of information can hold someone/thing up, right? I was learning how to access the "Telephone" log in Epic to schedule patients for follow-ups. The problem with a lot of them is that either the doctor or nurse, or both, don't always put in the record why they need to be seen. So I can't schedule until I know why.

I like the big ticket items- vacation, retaurants, and tennis ain't a cheap sport. Although, she's taken more vacations than me though lately.

Like you, I like vacation, except tennis, don't play tennis, and the Mrs. prefers to stay home.

Evening Men,
Hope everyone is doing well. Just enjoying time with the baby she is so darn cute. I have 7 more weeks off and have started leveling a pad for a new playground the boys are getting for their birthdays. I wish I had a flat piece of land on my property would make it a lot easier with my tractor. Learning a lot about excavating.

:thumbsup2

Morning Men!

Rainy day today, river is suppose to hit flood level this weekend. Hopefully it just gets to that level and not the levels it has the last couple of years. We're off to visit my folks for a couple of days, my dad still isn't doing well so he won't travel. Time to go and share a whiskey with him.

Have a good one all.

Afternoon fellas. Bricksburg's newest store handed over yesterday, so that's 2 in a month of the new format. Hopefully now I'll get to do my day job.
It was Bonus/yearly review on Friday, so that went pretty well. Bought the kids a Basketball hoop system that goes from 6.5ft to NBA height. The Lady K threw a fit as when you piece it all together its at full height, which looked a little bit intrusive in our English garden. She's calmed down a bit now.

Congrats on getting the project done, and on the bonus (what's a "bonus", anyway? We state workers have never heard of such a thing). I'm sure Lady K will be throwing down one-handed jams sooner or later.

Nice job on the Attaboy.

I can't get back the time though.

That's my guiding philosophy.

Hope everyone is doing well. Just enjoying time with the baby she is so darn cute.

Glad to hear it! Hope you're getting some sleep.

Rainy day today, river is suppose to hit flood level this weekend. Hopefully it just gets to that level and not the levels it has the last couple of years. We're off to visit my folks for a couple of days, my dad still isn't doing well so he won't travel. Time to go and share a whiskey with him.

Hope you stay dry and have a great visit with your dad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter