• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Cooling off is nearly always the best course of action.
But if I had any realistic Plan-D, E or F, I'd have been out'a there.

Sooner or later one of those alternative plans has to become more realistic. It'll happen.

They decided that having some people get trained in calling people to remind them of their appointments is a good thing.

Restaurants have started doing this over here, "Just to confirm your reservation......", Did I book it? Yes?have I told you any different? No? Then I'm having dinner there. Get off my lawn.

Never did understand how they think they can charge for a service not rendered.
Charge me for a no show, I'll charge you for running late. See who comes out on top on that one!

That always made me scratch my head, too. They call to remind me of the appointment, send texts doing the same, and threaten to charge me if I don't show or show up late. Then they make me sit in the waiting room for an hour. I need to charge a late fee too.

Thanks man. I think the next few days while Biden is over may be the make or break on the travel corridor.

This has been my life the last few months. He's been coming home to Delaware virtually every weekend, and every time he does, we have to support the motorcade movement--blocking intersections, controlling traffic signals, all that jazz. It's gotten old really fast, and everyone is getting tired of having to come in on weekends to do it. But, only 3.5 years to go!

Not sure why he can't spend a weekend or two in DC. He has a house there. A nice one, with indoor plumbing and everything.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Darcy - try not to hurt yourself with that schedule today. Have a good one gents
Bacon, bourbon, cigars & Mickey Bars!
Mornin', Gents! Yesterday was bit crazy here at my house. I got shifted around work wise and had to leave earlier than planned, so that meant I had to scramble to get lunch made, breakfast and what not before leaving. My DW also had oral surgery yesterday to fix a problem she's had since childhood, well, the first part anyways. The rest will happen in a few weeks after the swelling and healing. I'm still waiting for the offer from work to bring me on full time, so appreciate some good vibes towards that. Outside that? Got nothing else. Have a good day.
Positive thoughts that things get better
Nope...
Just got to the point where I had enough and basically said what I was thinking about a rather unstoppable project/subject and said it to my superior...

The resulting conversation just about lead me toward walking out if they weren't gonn'a through me out. 'Rest of the day was rather bleak from my point of view, but things were calmer today.

Problem is, I ain't so sure that's the all-around best outcome.
Sorry to hear, I think some other wise individual referenced a bourbon to help you through, I'll second that. Hang in there as you're not alone as I am right there with ya.

That was your job, so no one else is gonna touch it.
Hey it was here when I got here.

I had enough and basically said what I was thinking
Been there done that. Never turns out well but makes me feel better

Like you'd expect less form us...
Not sure my expectations could get much lower......

Randall will be back around in the near to reissue you your number.
Oh man.. I just got my old number tattooed somewhere.....

Your Official Member Number is 730#!
Whew! Thanks for letting me keep my old number.. I don't think that artist would have liked trying to fix that one.

Yesterday was the easiest day I've had so far.
Gotta love those days

I can't decide if I like 5-8's or 4-10's. Each has it's advantage.
I miss 4-10's. Got an hour commute each day so staying at work a couple extra hours is not a big deal, and love those 3 day weekends. But anything beats the 7-12's we had when I was an engineer. >:(

Sounds like you have been busy.
Keeps me out of trouble. Mostly

This has been my life the last few months. He's been coming home to Delaware virtually every weekend,
I had the same crap when "W" was flying to Texas almost every weekend. I was in college at the time and he used to land at the airstrip at our campus. We had to shelter in place in our labs until he switched to the helicopter and was gone. Sucked especially hard when he came in right at the end of a class with a prof you hated, and you were stuck for an extra hour with them.

I had the same crap when "W" was flying to Texas almost every weekend. I was in college at the time and he used to land at the airstrip at our campus. We had to shelter in place in our labs until he switched to the helicopter and was gone. Sucked especially hard when he came in right at the end of a class with a prof you hated, and you were stuck for an extra hour with them.

Ugh. Here they make us close I-95 in both directions just because the motorcade is driving on a bridge over it. And he almost always comes home during rush hour.

Where's a good lottery win when you need one?
Yeah...
Missed out on that one too.
May have to go out and buy another ticket or two.

Yesterday was the easiest day I've had so far.
Good that it was an easy day.
Hopefully, it's not an instance of adding additional responsibilities without any additional compensation.

That's pretty much SOP in my world and likely was the major factor in my recent attempt at career suicide.

I do this often. Hope it works out my friend. Hit that Elijah Craig, that makes those unsufferable indivduals slightly less painful.
Ol' Elijah isn't on the premises at the moment.
But, the Heard has been loitering around theses parts as of late...

Will that do?

Charge me for a no show, I'll charge you for running late. See who comes out on top on that one!
Sounds right similar to charging windmills...

But I've been describe as being a mite quixotic on more than one occasion, so I approve of this battle plan.

Sooner or later one of those alternative plans has to become more realistic. It'll happen.
May that be so.

But just in case....
I've been laying kind'a low and begun work on plans-G, H, I & J just to be on the safe side.

Sorry to hear, I think some other wise individual referenced a bourbon to help you through, I'll second that.
Yeah, that first glass is already being discussed in the past tense.
Just like Jobu, I may be in need of a refill

Been there done that. Never turns out well but makes me feel better
Nope, never does.
I tend to keep things bottled up until an inevitable Pinatubo level eruption occurs, and usually at the wrong time, and often in the wrong direction. If I'm honest, this instance may be a good example of that tendency.

Worse, it didn't even make me feel any better.
Annnnnnd that's not good.

Yeah...
Missed out on that one too.
May have to go out and buy another ticket or two.
I've heard that there's a fairly healthy amount of people who actually have "win lottery" as part of their retirement planning. :sad2:
Sounds right similar to charging windmills...

But I've been describe as being a mite quixotic on more than one occasion, so I approve of this battle plan.
:laughing:

Morning, Gents! Hope all are well. Temps have cooled off here on the land of Cape Cod and made it for very comfortable sleeping last night. Was back at Neurology yesterday and was quite busy. I'll be at Neurology again today, but it'll be a lot quieter, Friday's usually are. Not much planned for the weekend except work around the house. Well, that's all I've got. Have a good day, Gents!

TTFN

Easy there Tiger. Spread the fun. Shame Costco don't have a hairdresser, you could have wrapped it all up in one hit. Plus it would have cost you about a toonie.

Now that would be convenient.

Restaurants have started doing this over here, "Just to confirm your reservation......", Did I book it? Yes?have I told you any different? No? Then I'm having dinner there. Get off my lawn.

Did they start doing this during the pandemic? That would make sense in a way. As for me, there were times I'd call people to remind them of their appointments and they were like, "I had an appointment? What for?" (me telling them what the appointment was for) Them: "Hmmm, don't remember that. Cancel it." Me: "Ok. Done."

Thanks man. I think the next few days while Biden is over may be the make or break on the travel corridor.

Take advantage now while they have that corridor open. Run!

Not where I thought you were going with that actually. I thought you were going to say "They're going to start charging people for no-shows"

Maybe they already threaten to do that.

Never did understand how they think they can charge for a service not rendered.

I'm not sure if they do charge for no-shows, as that's not my area, but I wouldn't put it past them to do that. And I agree about the time. There's one doctor that is so bad about being late, all of her patients always ask for first appointment in the morning.

I would imagine the training is quite strenuous.

Oh it was bad. I mean, really bad. :rolleyes: :laughing:

That always made me scratch my head, too. They call to remind me of the appointment, send texts doing the same, and threaten to charge me if I don't show or show up late. Then they make me sit in the waiting room for an hour. I need to charge a late fee too.

Yep, makes no sense, but it happens. I do know that in some cases patients will bring up extra stuff in the appointment, making it longer, like they're trying to get in as much as they can because they don't want to have to come back. Sometimes the doctor likes to talk too much.

Positive thoughts that things get better

Thanks

Gotta love those days

Yep....love those days.

I miss 4-10's. Got an hour commute each day so staying at work a couple extra hours is not a big deal, and love those 3 day weekends. But anything beats the 7-12's we had when I was an engineer. >:(

I can't decide if I like the 4-10's or not. I do love having an extra day off during the week, but having a shorter work day is nice, too.

Ugh. Here they make us close I-95 in both directions just because the motorcade is driving on a bridge over it. And he almost always comes home during rush hour.

Now that would suck.

Good that it was an easy day.
Hopefully, it's not an instance of adding additional responsibilities without any additional compensation.

That's pretty much SOP in my world and likely was the major factor in my recent attempt at career suicide.

Unfortunately I think it's going to be added into my job description, with no extra pay. We'll see if I can get more money out of them when they bring me on full-time.

Happy Friday! I feel like this has been the longest week ever and yet I've gotten nothing accomplished.
:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB IbeAbitGOOFY! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #736!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

Whoo! Hoo! Made it thru the week. Time for a beer before I go home to work.

Had my final test for my project management certification today. 6 months of study but I passed. This is supposed to be the hardest class to get my BOMI certs that go on my business cards and are supposed to get me an extra $2-$3K per year more at work. We will see. Boss wants me to start the next class on Monday o_O

Had my final test for my project management certification today. 6 months of study but I passed. This is supposed to be the hardest class to get my BOMI certs that go on my business cards and are supposed to get me an extra $2-$3K per year more at work. We will see. Boss wants me to start the next class on Monday o_O
Congratulations 🎊🎉🎈🍾

Morning, folks. Looks like a nice day out there today. Got the bike tuned up yesterday so good day to take it out.

Congrats! And... good luck!
Ah yes. A wonderful Canadian creation.

Begin fighting now.

Morning, folks. Looks like a nice day out there today. Got the bike tuned up yesterday so good day to take it out.

Congrats! And... good luck!

Ah yes. A wonderful Canadian creation.

Begin fighting now.
Jerome Siegel, who also used pseudonyms including Joe Carter and Jerry Ess, was an American comic book writer. His famous creation was Superman, which he created in collaboration with his friend Joe Shuster. Wikipedia
Born: October 17, 1914, Cleveland, OH
Died: January 28, 1996, Los Angeles, CA

Joseph Shuster was a Canadian-American comic book artist best known for co-creating the DC Comics character Superman, with Jerry Siegel, in Action Comics #1. Shuster was involved in a number of legal battles over ownership of the Superman character. Wikipedia
Born: July 10, 1914, Toronto, Canada
Died: July 30, 1992, Los Angeles, CA

Happy Saturday All!

Nice day here in the sunny north. We've been to town for breakfast, ran a few errands and now just sitting on the deck having a coffee and watching the FIL mow our lawn.

Hope you all have a great day. Maybe chat with some of you later tonight.

Hope you enjoyed the beer, sounds like you earned it.

Happy Saturday. Watching a terrific French Open, and can't help to notice the science works differently there. One of the match officials is wearing a N-95 mask outdoors. But, even more ridiculous is that the officials contacted the government and the curfew was waived for the fans at the stadiums, because Nadal and Djokovic are in the 4th set and it's a terrific match.

For the actual science, I either had a cold or allergies, but it turned into a sinus infection. So, antibiotics & steriods & feeling better. Stayed home sick from work yesterday (pending COVID negative test results) but didn't get much rest. The realtor wants to put the house on the market on Tuesday, and is stopping to take photos, so we are trying to finish everything up. I've been packing stuff and moving it to the garage to make the space even look bigger. Need to do one more final cleaning, and we should be all set.

Hope you all have a great weekend and may the science waive your restrictions if they are impeding anything significant.

Hey guys how's it been? I see the pizza is still on the ceiling and no one has taken out the recycling. I've been gone for 200 pages what have you guys been doing (and no I'm not going back to catch up on everything I missed) And the Rum is gone again? Norm, I blame that directly on you.

Been crazy busy around my house, remodel is still ongoing on the new house. I finished knocking out the walls that are going away now just trying to get them put back in the right places.
Finally getting my promotion at work, well I already have the work for the new job, just waiting on the job title and pay that goes with it.

And made my final payment on our August trip. Just me DW and youngest. We couldn't pull together the trip for oldest 21st b'day so she could drink around the world.
We will be there 8/7 - 8/13 at AoA if anyone else is gonna be around.

Good to hear you Cliff. I was so worried about your absence that I drank all the rum.

:faint:
You can sit down for a bit, now.

I get to rest a bit now.

Nope...
Just got to the point where I had enough and basically said what I was thinking about a rather unstoppable project/subject and said it to my superior...

The resulting conversation just about lead me toward walking out if they weren't gonn'a through me out. 'Rest of the day was rather bleak from my point of view, but things were calmer today.

And may the cold turn out to be a minor annoyance.

And it's not even in Florida...
Unfortunate.

Well, glad to hear it went better. While I have my retirement, this new job is terrific. Sure, it was a 6 month ordeal (2 hired/ denied retirement board, 2 hired and quit, and 1 temp job), but I'm much better off now. But, I can't find a way to get DW to move out of town. Hope it works out for you.

Morning, Gents! So the managers have decided that since we're getting a lot of "No Shows" in the various offices amongst the practices, they'd come up with a plan to help change this. Now, I'm sure you can guess you can where this is going. They decided that having some people get trained in calling people to remind them of their appointments is a good thing. Ok, fine, if that's how you want me to spend my time I'll do it. I mean, I am getting paid and it's an easy job, so.... Yesterday was the easiest day I've had so far.

All the places I go to use the call or text reminder. I don't mind it. I usually just put the appointment in my phone calender when it's made, so it isn't much of a surprise.

B) We emailed Greta Thunberg weeks ago about it. She's walking over from Sweden. Carbon footprint and all that.

Was her $5 million custom carbon free boat not available? I have my boat on order as well, and as soon as it arrives, I begin my global warming free living.

:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Maroonag1! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is 730#!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

There it is. Still funny. :lmao:

Costanza tried it on Seinfield. Good luck to you.

:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB IbeAbitGOOFY! :welcome:

Your Official Member Number is #736!

And there it is again. Classic. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter