• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

The side benefit to that is manage to catch the odd genius from Maine who has somehow gotten a NB medicare card so that they could get service in NB hospitals. When they call up to say they can't serve on a jury because they live in the US, the sheriff says fine we'll just remove you from the medicare list because you don't live here.
That's one way to catch 'em.

Another solution might be to loosen up your emigration policies.
Then those blokes could just move up there permanent...ly...

Oh...
Never mind.

So I am now an award winning photographer, first place in the people category at our provincial exhibition. :cool1:

View attachment 606610
Nice shot to be sure; Color and composition in particular.

There's social commentary as well, but that's a different discussion.

Hey guys, just checking in.
About to start another batch of night shifts tonight. Trying to get a nap on this beautiful first day of fall but feels like summer day. Sleep is not happening. Going to be a long night.
I also found out one of the other guys in my group has asked for extended personal leave (like a few months). My first thought was that I hope he’s doing ok. My second thought was carp, this probably means even more work and less time off, plus trying to train up someone to temporarily cover his shifts, eventually.
Good to hear from you, but sorry about the hassles.
We had a couple folks retire last week and the additional workload spread out on the rest of us made that a less then joyous occasion.

Sorry to hear that, may be some openings in early January?
Not allowed to travel in January.
But...
we are thinking about splitting the cost of a house off-world with my brother's family in March.
We'll see if we can pull that one off.

It certainly is, er, astronomical in price.
55 for lunch is right up there.
Might be one of these spots where we'd just try to get into the lounge and order some things off the a la carte menu.
Besides, I'd rather spend more of my cash on booze then food anyway.

Last edited:
55 for lunch is right up there.
Might be one of these spots where we'd just try to get into the lounge and order some things off the a la carte menu.
Besides, I'd rather spend more of my cash on booze then food anyway.
Amen on the drink over snacks.
I think they learnt from Be Our Guest, they dont wan't you chocking up a table for an hour while ordering 1 cupcake and water for 4, just so you can see the inside.

Morning Gents.

Hope you all had a good hump day, whatever that means.

just another day of self-directed learning here but it is all Disney so that's good.

Have a great day!

That's one way to catch 'em.

Another solution might be to loosen up your emigration policies.
Then those blokes could just move up there permanent...ly...

Oh...
Never mind.

:rotfl2:

Nice shot to be sure; Color and composition in particular.

There's social commentary as well, but that's a different discussion.

The funny thing about that is that is my DW in the picture and she hates having her picture taken. As for the selfie thing, she doesn't do that very often either, usually only when we are out hiking. She didn't know that I submitted that photo and when she showed one of her teacher colleagues yesterday, they laughed because I had won with a picture of her. She even avoids the school picture as much as she can.

Morning, fellas.

Today's the day for jury duty, so we'll see if I get put on a jury.
So? Did you?
On the plus side, we have a charity auction bid on sets every year, with damaged box goods out of the factory (the LEGO is fine inside), so snagged the big Disney Castle, Mos Eisley Cantina, Winnie the Pooh, Boba Fett's helmet, and the White House all for about lunch for 3 at Space 220.
Nice score, there. :thumbsup2
So I am now an award winning photographer, first place in the people category at our provincial exhibition. :cool1:
Hey! That's great, Darcy. Congrats!
About to start another batch of night shifts tonight. Trying to get a nap on this beautiful first day of fall but feels like summer day. Sleep is not happening. Going to be a long night.
Ugh... Been there. As recently as a couple nights ago. Good luck.
I also found out one of the other guys in my group has asked for extended personal leave (like a few months). My first thought was that I hope he’s doing ok. My second thought was carp, this probably means even more work and less time off, plus trying to train up someone to temporarily cover his shifts, eventually.
:sad2:
Starting to scope out Hall - o - ween 11
Which is... what?
The funny thing about that is that is my DW in the picture and she hates having her picture taken.
Oh!
And my DW is the same way.
when she showed one of her teacher colleagues yesterday, they laughed because I had won with a picture of her. She even avoids the school picture as much as she can.
:laughing:

Which is... what?
Halloween, we have been doing a party for 11 years, and obviously ties in nicely with our family name. Different theme every year. In 2019 we had 80 people in our house and garden. Our House backs on the fields where the town centre fireworks are as well, so we get a cheeky free viewing for Nov 5, so we try and tie the party in with that. I do full on decorations, 2019 we built Diagon Alley shopfronts in our hallway, with names of some of the people attending on the signs.

Halloween, we have been doing a party for 11 years, and obviously ties in nicely with our family name. Different theme every year. In 2019 we had 80 people in our house and garden. Our House backs on the fields where the town centre fireworks are as well, so we get a cheeky free viewing for Nov 5, so we try and tie the party in with that. I do full on decorations, 2019 we built Diagon Alley shopfronts in our hallway, with names of some of the people attending on the signs.

Sounds like you have some experience with design and construction.

Good to hear from you, Jeff. I'm glad to hear that the problem at least is that you have plenty of work to do, instead of not enough like several months ago. Hope it's not too much of a burden.

It certainly is, er, astronomical in price.

I see what you did there...

But...
we are thinking about splitting the cost of a house off-world with my brother's family in March.

Time for the backup plan to the backup plan!

Halloween, we have been doing a party for 11 years, and obviously ties in nicely with our family name.
Not to sound like a broken record, but... Which is... what?
Different theme every year. In 2019 we had 80 people in our house and garden.
:eek:
I do full on decorations, 2019 we built Diagon Alley shopfronts in our hallway, with names of some of the people attending on the signs.
Cool!

Pictures??

Happy Friday Eve Dads! Looking forward to Notre Dame's first real test this Saturday. Supposed to be great fallish weather this weekend so looking forward to a typical family weekend of football, grilling and a few beverages.
Not allowed to travel in January.
But...
Be down there with just the & the Mrs over St Patrick's day. Not sure if based on this fact you want avoid that time frame but if you are there during that time frame we should meet up to enjoy a few pints :shamrock:, Half & Halfs in honor of Dan

early Apr for me.
May the boarders be open when the time rolls around.

Now the folk down in Fla are working hard to keep this mess rolling ahead full steam, but we can hope.

Amen on the drink over snacks.
I think they learnt from Be Our Guest, they dont wan't you chocking up a table for an hour while ordering 1 cupcake and water for 4, just so you can see the inside.
Never thought of it from that angle.
Where ever there's a lounge though, they're likely going to make a good profit off my hide.

The funny thing about that is that is my DW in the picture and she hates having her picture taken. As for the selfie thing, she doesn't do that very often either, usually only when we are out hiking. She didn't know that I submitted that photo and when she showed one of her teacher colleagues yesterday, they laughed because I had won with a picture of her. She even avoids the school picture as much as she can.
My gal is the same way when it comes to photos; can't stand to see images of herself.
I don't dare post one up without absolute approval (and that's a rare commodity).

Time for the backup plan to the backup plan!
Yep...
Plan-A went south back in early 2020.
We're currently working on Plan-K and L & M are waiting in the wings.

Be down there with just the & the Mrs over St Patrick's day. Not sure if based on this fact you want avoid that time frame but if you are there during that time frame we should meet up to enjoy a few pints :shamrock:, Half & Halfs in honor of Dan
I'd be mightily pleased for the opportunity, but as of now we're looking at the week before.
But I'll certainly be hoisting a few in a number of folks honor.

Morning, Fellas! Got sucked into working in photoshop yesterday, so completely lost track of time and forgot to log in. Had a good day yesterday, but today's going to be a challenge. I'm working at cardio again, a very busy office, but will be at the front desk by myself today. I can totally this, done it at other offices, but this is a very busy office....but I've got this. Otherwise, looking forward to the weekend. Have a good day, fellas. Have to leave early today, so cutting it a bit short.

TTFN

Morning guys from sunny London. Back in the office saddle today, so a slew of email to get through, hence me being on here. The world is an absolute dumpster fire in terms of shipping at the minute, so I have kit all over the place. On the plus side, we have a charity auction bid on sets every year, with damaged box goods out of the factory (the LEGO is fine inside), so snagged the big Disney Castle, Mos Eisley Cantina, Winnie the Pooh, Boba Fett's helmet, and the White House all for about lunch for 3 at Space 220.

Sweet! Nice haul.

Excuse me sir, can I see your ticket?

"Is this not the standby line? I'm sorry." (walks back to my spot)

Shame they had to fry the guy though. Probably deserved it.

He did.

View attachment 606610

Congrats!

Hey there....good to hear from you.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Good morning gentlemen! I hope everyone is doing well. How do you guys like this new Genie+?
:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB The Disney Fanatic! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #1!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

Top O the Mornin Dads! (kinda) Well Friday is here and on some of the other communication channels for this here group the question was "when is it too early to start drinking?" I say as soon as Dan @londontime calls - so call it already Mr Dan...............

With that said enjoy the weekend fellas, post a few pics here or the other places to share the kids activities, grilling activities, etc - Bacon, Bourbon, Cigars and Mickey Bars! Stay safe out there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter