• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I don't think it needs to be changed, but I have no opposition to it being changed either.

I abstain. :lmao:

Did you mean you adamantly want to change it, amend it or a new ammendment to the by laws? ;)
Change it. Change is good. I once heard that once you become resistant to change you are old… 😏

Morning, Gents! Well, had a great day yesterday at work. The location I went to, neurosurgery, lost a reception person and are now looking to fill that slot. I wound up talking to one the physician assistants and mentioned I was a temp and not an actual employee of Cape Cod Healthcare. Well, she then started trying to recruit me to work for the practice directly. She said she'd talk to the practice manager, who then came out at the end of the day and introduced herself. We chatted for a bit and I told her that while I'm interested I have questions and what not. She asked if I had talked to HR, and I said not in a while, so she said she'd talk to HR and get back to me. She then said we can talk later. So....a good day over all.
Good news! Hopefully, it will at least trigger HR to do something vs. keeping you hanging.

Love it when we adamant to Man Law.
IKR?

I hope the park reservation system/thing goes away at some point.
I absolutely despise it. Screwed over local AP folks(not just me) and I don't like it locks you into a specific park(at least until 2 or 2:30[unless that's changed])

it. Change is good. I once heard that once you become resistant to change you are old… 😏
So is senility like totally overlooking the comment about not objecting to it. Do not mistake ambivalence with objection to change.
:lmao:

Well, had a great day yesterday at work. The location I went to, neurosurgery, lost a reception person and are now looking to fill that slot. I wound up talking to one the physician assistants and mentioned I was a temp and not an actual employee of Cape Cod Healthcare. Well, she then started trying to recruit me to work for the practice directly. She said she'd talk to the practice manager, who then came out at the end of the day and introduced herself. We chatted for a bit and I told her that while I'm interested I have questions and what not. She asked if I had talked to HR, and I said not in a while, so she said she'd talk to HR and get back to me. She then said we can talk later. So....a good day over all.
Sounds promising! Hope something comes of it.

So are you going today or tomorrow?

By "not that expensive" tickets were around $420 round trip. Add in last minute hotel, food, etc. and that's a lot to spend for a popcorn bucket and some pins. Both she and The Kid have to work today but she did offer some bribes if I would go by myself, with the caveat that I couldn't go to MK or Epcot without them. Suffice to say, I didn't go.

Only on this board is it not considered insane to contemplate traveling 9 hours one way at the last minute in order to spend 8 hours in Disney, just to by some overpriced trinkets. As someone once said, "We're all mad here." :ccat:

Evening Guys. Camping went well but the nights were cold. How cold you ask? Well Most of the ice I put in the cooler on Friday afternoon was brought back with us today. Explored a few waterfalls, hiked a bit, got some more good pictures and my youngest brother ended up on the same campground yesterday. Now I'm just relaxing and watching Tom Brady's return to New England.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Sorry for the confusion. Shipyard is the usual brewery. This year we're going with Naukabout Brewery, it's a local brewery.

Shipyard is a good one, don't know about Naukabout.

Morning, Fellas! Hope everyone had a good weekend, I know I did. Saturday's Oktoberfest went well. Actually, it was a HUGE success. We were busy from just after opening to just before we closed and ran out of beer. Two full kegs gone! I had to make a beer run before we ran out and wound up making back just in time. Whew! Busy day, and I'm glad I was there. I then spent most of yesterday resting. Now we find ourselves onto Monday, so let's make the best of it. See ya, Fellas.

TTFN

Good news! Hopefully, it will at least trigger HR to do something vs. keeping you hanging.

Thanks, and I hope it forces HR to do something because I am tired of hanging. I'm not one to make waves, but I'm tired of waiting for an offer. I'm really good at what I do and have gotten plenty of compliments from practice managers to patients. Not sure how many of those people wrote in about me, but I know of at least one practice manager who did, and wrote a glowing email about me, she also cc'd my manager and supervisor. So it's about time I've been made an offer.

:thumbsup2

I absolutely despise it. Screwed over local AP folks(not just me) and I don't like it locks you into a specific park(at least until 2 or 2:30[unless that's changed])

I'm sure you do, as do all the other local AP folks.

Sounds promising! Hope something comes of it.

Thanks, I hope something comes of it, too.

Evening Guys. Camping went well but the nights were cold. How cold you ask? Well Most of the ice I put in the cooler on Friday afternoon was brought back with us today. Explored a few waterfalls, hiked a bit, got some more good pictures and my youngest brother ended up on the same campground yesterday. Now I'm just relaxing and watching Tom Brady's return to New England.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Shipyard is a good one, don't know about Naukabout.

With Shipyard we usually get just an ale and a pumpkin, didn't like the pumpkin, but Naukabout has a great pumpkin. It's a little sweet and not heavy tasting either. So it's good.

Morning chaps.
Only on this board is it not considered insane to contemplate traveling 9 hours one way at the last minute in order to spend 8 hours in Disney, just to by some overpriced trinkets.
::yes:: I’d do that.
Evening Guys. Camping went well but the nights were cold. How cold you ask? Well Most of the ice I put in the cooler on Friday afternoon was brought back with us today.
:cold:
Saturday's Oktoberfest went well. Actually, it was a HUGE success. We were busy from just after opening to just before we closed and ran out of beer. Two full kegs gone! I had to make a beer run before we ran out and wound up making back just in time.
Sounds like a roaring success. :)

Happy October Dads and top O the Mornin! Watched the live streams and read the articles on the start of DaWorld's 50th Celebration. Looks like a rough start but holding full judgement until I am there with the family and take everything in.

Happy belated Birthday here Norm and for those of us that have been around a bit........... Happy Heavenly Birthday & Cheers CJ!

Facebook is down. Thinking the Facebook boys might remember this place. So,
View attachment 610098
Nope GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Morning, Fellas. Had a good day yesterday in a fairly quiet but busy, primary office. There's only one provider in that office on Monday's, so not as many patients, but man was it busy with other things to do, which I love. I got there at 9:30 am and before I knew it it was lunch...the afternoon went just as quickly. Love days like that. Today, and for the rest of the week, I'm at Cardiology, a lot busier office.

Sounds like a roaring success. :)

Yes it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter