• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Disneydadof5! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #879!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.
I believe I am 187 but can't access my real name

Go see the new Bond film, best one ever! Good job Dan!
Hoping to see it soon!

As for the F1 race...

I think Lewis was right. He should've stayed out. He was losing a second a lap and had a 10 second advantage with 9 laps to go. He might have lost the position, but also might not have. If he did, he still would've been better off with 4th instead of 5th.

Hoping to see it soon!

As for the F1 race...

I think Lewis was right. He should've stayed out. He was losing a second a lap and had a 10 second advantage with 9 laps to go. He might have lost the position, but also might not have. If he did, he still would've been better off with 4th instead of 5th.

They definitely played it safe. They protected some points but on the other had he could have blown a tire and finished with none. I still don't understand what Vettel was thinking going to slicks.

Morning, Gents! Had a great weekend. Spent Saturday morning helping a friend pick some new furniture up at the furniture store and then moving it to his house. While at the furniture store I myself a new rocker/recliner. Didn't take much for me to convince the wife to let me get it, so now I have a new chair to recline in. Spent Saturday afternoon with the DD out at a arts and crafts festival down Cape, so that was fun. I usually make out at arts and crafts festivals for Christmas presents, but this year I didn't see anything I liked. I did buy a necklace, but that's about it. Sunday was spent chillin' in the new chair. Today, with the day off, I'm not sure what I'll be doing, but I'm sure I'll have fund doing it. Outside that, I've got nothing.

Okay, so it's Friday. I'm ready to call it. Where's Dan?

:thumbsup2

Hey! Great news! Congrats!

Thanks. I just hope I didn't jinx it by saying it publicly, but that did come from my manager.

Best way to do it.

When we're short staffed... nothing happens. We just work harder/longer.

That's us as well. There's just not enough floats to go around, so when you get to a location that's already short staffed there's extra work for you to do.

This is accurate.

I think.

Maybe.

Exactly! ::yes::

Congratulations! Great news!

Great news CCT!!!

:jumping1::cheer2::banana:

Congratulations 🎊🎉🍾🎈

Awesome news, congrats!!

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate it.

What's up Fella's. I haven't been on here in years and figured I would pop in and say Hi! Gonna try to stay up with this moving forward, but no promises.

Welcome back!

They're comin' outta the woodwork!!

Think we should get the spray out?

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving GIFs | Tenor

Morning, folks.
Happy Turkey Day to us Northerners. I plan to celebrate by... going for a run and then working until 11pm.

While at the furniture store I myself a new rocker/recliner. Didn't take much for me to convince the wife to let me get it, so now I have a new chair to recline in.
Does it have a slot for a beer and a side table for chips and dip?
Thanks. I just hope I didn't jinx it by saying it publicly, but that did come from my manager.
Fingers crossed.

Since becoming a DISDAD this year, I have bought DVC and planned multiple DVC trips over the next year since our home DVC is a 3 hour drive and WDW is 6 hour drive.
Any others own DVC on here?

Happy Thanksgiving to our northern neighbors!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Morning, folks.
Happy Turkey Day to us Northerners. I plan to celebrate by... going for a run and then working until 11pm.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Does it have a slot for a beer and a side table for chips and dip?

It does not, however, the chair is close enough to a table, so I do have a place to put such things.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks.

As a social studies teacher, it is interesting that Columbus Day and Thanksgiving in Canada are on the same day. I teach Geography and we are teaching about Canada this week.
As a public school teacher in SC, we do not get today off.

You are a brave person for being a school teacher.

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the igloos. Roth of the border.
I have been told all the cool people are here
Welcome
Fellas! How's it going on this day that would be Friday. Had a good day yesterday. In fact, GREAT day yesterday. Now, I'm not one to usually say anything until the deal is done, but I received an email from my manager yesterday morning (so I guess that makes it official) that the powers to be have finally made the decision to buy my contract out. After two and a half years of either being unemployed or temping, I'll be a FULL-TIME/PERMANENT EMPLOYEE AGAIN!!!!! WITH BENEFITS!!!!!!! The email said I'd have an offer either this week or next, my guess next, but I finally have a permanent job. Wooohooo! (heavy sigh) I didn't think this day would ever come. Now that I have a permanent position I can start to plan a Disney World vacation....that was one of the requirements to getting to go to Da World. :thumbsup2 Well, gents, I'm outta here. Have a good day.

TTFN

Love that overtime. Add it to your vacation funds.

I feel you. We're short staffed, and my supervisor has to tell offices that she doesn't have enough floats to cover all the requests.

They kept drinking all the product, so we had to let them go. It's now BYOB.

But we're efficient at being less efficient, and we excel at being slower. And being older and wiser, we give out advice, be it good or bad. Like old

Recognized. 8-)
Congrats!
What's up Fella's. I haven't been on here in years and figured I would pop in and say Hi! Gonna try to stay up with this moving forward, but no promises.
Welcome back!
Helloooo Humans!!! :wave2:

Y'all can blame Randall for this appearance.
Welcome back
Old home week around here
Welcome back
Well, regardless of how you celebrate, have a happy and safe Thanksgiving weekend. Even though you are a month early. ;-)
Welcome

Hay y'all...
That work-thing has been interfearing mightily with my Dis time.
(eh, so what else is new, right?)

A happy thanksgiving to the folks up north, and a plesent not-a-holiday to the rest of you.

Been a few days, and as some of know a bit hectic for our family past few days. We have welcomed Princess Blakely, first grandchild, into the world on Friday.
View attachment 612230
Now, that would be a definite cause for celebration.
Congrats all around, and may she know and much joy and happiness and can possibly be allowed.

Since becoming a DISDAD this year, I have bought DVC and planned multiple DVC trips over the next year since our home DVC is a 3 hour drive and WDW is 6 hour drive.
Not me, but I know that some here are.
As a social studies teacher, it is interesting that Columbus Day and Thanksgiving in Canada are on the same day.
Oh, sure. We give thanks for discovering America.
Maybe not.

Or maybe.
Happy Thanksgiving to our northern neighbors!
Thanks!
It does not, however, the chair is close enough to a table, so I do have a place to put such things.
Hmmm...
Happy Thanksgiving to those in the igloos. Roth of the border.
Thanks!
Been a few days, and as some of know a bit hectic for our family past few days. We have welcomed Princess Blakely, first grandchild, into the world on Friday.
View attachment 612230
Congratulations on the new arrival!
That work-thing has been interfearing mightily with my Dis time.
You need to put your foot down! Priorities!
A happy thanksgiving to the folks up north
Thanks!

I was thinking Vero beach, but that's not 3 hours from WDW. I see in your info line it's HH. Guess you got resale. I'm an owner at SSR, although I only use my points at Vero since I live 30-35 minutes from WDW and staying on property is kinda pointless. I do often rent my points. I'll let the other guys chime in....I fairly sure I know where they own, but not certain.

I've thought at different times of getting more via resale, but I've also considered selling mine on resale. I have a love/hate relationship with Disney and sometimes it's more love and sometimes it's more hate. Currently more on the hate side with some.of the money grabs they've done....less perks and more and more cost. Only reason I haven't sold yet is since I'm renting the points out, I'm actually making a slight profit (or at least breaking even)

As of now, I have enough tickets to do DDCC10 and then aside from trips to Vero or renting points, not sure the greedy mouse will get more of my paycheck(s).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter