• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey, Fellas! Had a great day at work yesterday. We had under 100 patients yesterday, so as a result I was able to get all I needed done by lunch, so my afternoon was easy peasy. After work I hit the mall to look for some new pants. Unfortunately the supply chain issue is having an effect on me buying pants. I was unable to buy pants in my size at Macy's....so it looks like it'll be a trip off Cape this weekend to look for pants. I have decided to dig out all of my Disney Watches and start wearing them again. So this weekend I'll head to the basement and and dig through them to find my watches. They'll have to have all their batteries replaced, but something that'll happen over time. Looking forward to pulling out my Disney watches...I want to nerd out on Disney. I'm thinking of asking for some Disney book for Christmas this year, I know they're out there, just need to figure out what books I want: Trivia, history? Who knows, but I'm going to have fun looking for them. Well, have a good day, fellas.

TTFN

Beautiful Fall day here today, blue sky and sunshine, 10C / 50F (not sure everyone considers that temperature beautiful but I like the crisp air).
Spent the morning bringing in the Halloween decorations and putting away the lawn furniture. Just in time too since the first snow of the season is forecast for Friday night! I’m not ready for that, I’ve barely been able to enjoy Fall yet. But it shouldn’t stay around. Hopefully a few nice days left before winter really sets in.

I love fall, I just wish we had the beautiful fall colors here on the Cape like other parts of New England have, but we don't...well, not in the amounts that other parts of New England have.

Ah yes! Hump day!
Although for me it’s Saturday. Starting a week off after two weeks of work.
Hey, it’s Saturday here too! 🤣
I must be over the international date line. It's Sunday here.

Hmmm apparently I'm on the wrong side of something. I still have two days before I hit the weekend. :confused3

Nope. Not keto friendly.

You can cheat, come on. Just this once. :teeth:

Morning chaps. Quick Drive by.
Slammed at work, and major Halloween-age as usual. We have the Halloween party this weekend, with 60 coming over.
Roll on the 1st week Dec, all my projects for 2021 will be done and my shoulders might drop a bit.

Hope all is well with you guys

London out.
Yikes. Hang in there.
After work I hit the mall to look for some new pants.
I have decided to dig out all of my Disney Watches and start wearing them again.
At the same time?!?!?!?

Slammed at work, and major Halloween-age as usual. We have the Halloween party this weekend, with 60 coming over.
Roll on the 1st week Dec, all my projects for 2021 will be done and my shoulders might drop a bit.

Hope all is well with you guys

London out.

I'm there with you. Feels like I have way too many commitments at the moment!

I'm thinking of asking for some Disney book for Christmas this year, I know they're out there, just need to figure out what books I want: Trivia, history?

I have some good coffee table books on Disney Imagineering and another one on monorails. Those are fun to flip through.

I'm sorting through the thousands of photos I took a couple of weeks ago and I thought I would share a few. Evidently, I really like night shots.

Wow, great shots!

I have some good coffee table books on Disney Imagineering and another one on monorails. Those are fun to flip through.

I didn't know there was a book about the monorails. Can you share the details? I may have to leave some subtle (or not so subtle, overt demands) hints for Christmas.

I'm thinking of asking for some Disney book for Christmas this year, I know they're out there, just need to figure out what books I want: Trivia, history?

I vote history. Trivia books are everywhere and most of the facts are repeats. Walt Disney's Disneyland is an beautiful book. David Bossert has several excellent books, including a new biography on Claude Coats. If you keep an eye on the magazine racks at the store checkstands, you can sometimes find those thick, glossy, special edition magazines about Disney. Time and Life both have had nice magazines about Disneyland and Disney World recently. Just yesterday, I saw one from Smithsonian about Walt Disney. It had quite a few pictures from his earliest years that I had never seen. It was too beat up for me to purchase it, but I will definitely keep an eye out for a nicer copy.

Friday Dads! 4 weeks until we get to see the granddaughter again to celebrate overall holidays. Fall weather seems to be here to stay. Early wake up tomorrow to book a dining event for DDCC, going to see Eternals later in the afternoon tomorrow and some yard work / clean up to get things prepped for outdoor Christmas decorations hopefully starting next weekend. Bacon, Bourbon, Cigars & Mickey Bars - enjoy the weekend!
Evening Everyone,

I'm sorting through the thousands of photos I took a couple of weeks ago and I thought I would share a few. Evidently, I really like night shots. View attachment 619876 View attachment 619880

View attachment 619877View attachment 619878View attachment 619879

And finally, all the elements of a good dad joke

View attachment 619875
Great pics and thanks for sharing some of the magic!

Morning, Gents! Hope this finds everyone well. So, after working in one location for 4 weeks, I have come to the conclusion that, while annoying at time for not knowing where I'm going to be working until a week before it happens, I really enjoy being a float. Long story short, whoever was responsible for checking the voicemail was second up for checking patients in, because the voicemail could take a while so it was the other persons responsibility to be up first in checking in patients. Ok, fine, that's great, but it was never the same from moment to moment and that was starting to irritate me. At one point I was supposed to let the one patient that was there stand in line while I checked the voicemail. The next moment I was supposed to hang up the phone and check that one patient in and not let them stand there. So it changed all the time and it was irritating. And this past Thursday I had all kinds of problems with my computer and waited until AFTER the last morning patient was checked in before calling IT, thinking I was being smart by not taking the time during the busiest time of the day. Apparently that was the wrong decision on my part because a patient had come in wanting to ask a question, and the other check-in person, who we'll call Karen had a fit and yelled at me because it was her time to check the voicemail and I was supposed to be the one to ask this person what she wanted. Turned out that one lady who showed up only had a question, that was easily answered, but Karen had to do instead of me. Oh, and Karen was shopping for clothes on her phone, so it wasn't like she wasn't doing anything important...like checking the voicemail. I looked at her and said, "I'm sorry, I don't have to get this computer fixed. I could let it go down and let you check in all the patients in the afternoon." She got the hint, but it T'd me off to no end. Oh I so wanted to say something else but held my tongue. And yesterday a drug rep stopped by, they do this all the time. This time this drug rep brought swag, calendars, desk top mats/calendars (whatever they're called), sticky notes and a bunch of cute pens in the shape of doctors. I wanted nothing, though the pens were cute looking, and if given one I would have given it to my DD. I just over at what was happening and asked, "Oooo what's ya got there?" Now, any normal person would have said, "A bunch of cool stuff, want a pen?" But no, that's not what happened. This person, who threw the fit, looks at me and says, "Nothing for you!" in a nasty way. I looked, shook my head and turned away. I hold my tongue because not only am I a float, I suspect that a float's word isn't worth much when it comes to a regular staff's word, but I'm also the new guy....so that's two strikes against me. Either way I'm not there next week, so I'm happy. I also don't think I'll be there for a while. The only reason I've been there for 4 weeks was because one of the lady's went out for knee replacement surgery, and she's coming back next week. So that's been my week, rather the last two days of it. Gotta run, so I'll try and get to the other posts later. Have a good day, everyone.

Work during the day, but going to the Bomber/Alouette game tonight with my sister who's in town. But then back to work tomorrow morning and again tomorrow night. At least there's an extra hour of sleep tonight.

If you see Jake Thomas, tell him Douglas, NB says hello.

Long story short, whoever was responsible for checking the voicemail was second up for checking patients in, because the voicemail could take a while so it was the other persons responsibility to be up first in checking in patients. Ok, fine, that's great, but it was never the same from moment to moment and that was starting to irritate me. At one point I was supposed to let the one patient that was there stand in line while I checked the voicemail. The next moment I was supposed to hang up the phone and check that one patient in and not let them stand there. So it changed all the time and it was irritating.
I've been in a similar, so I get it.
I looked at her and said, "I'm sorry, I don't have to get this computer fixed. I could let it go down and let you check in all the patients in the afternoon." She got the hint,
Nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter