DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I’d rather have a bottle in front of me…
rimshot_zpsxgbdywf5.gif

Morning, Fellas! Hope everyone had a good weekend, and 4th, for those on this side of the border. Spent Sunday afternoon in Plymouth, MA with the DD while the DW was at a gig (DW's a harpist), in the same town. Went with DW to help her set up, and after the DD and I had scooted off to do do a daddy/daughter afternoon. DD and I had lunch, then went for ice cream and then headed to the Mayflower II, a replica of the Mayflower that came over from the Mother Country. Been having a good week, hope everyone else is, too. Have fun, gents.

TTFN

Well, that's impressive.

There ya go. Take the DD. Heck, that's what I'm doing next month. (Mind you, she's 25, but still...)

It might come to that. If I start to press the Mrs. about it she just might tell me to take the DD and go ourselves....but we'll see.

Only temporarily.

Very temporarily.

Gotta keep track of the riffraff.

Hello Everyone,

You ever look at your kids and wonder when they grew up and became so mature?

The Kid is 17 and last night at dinner, we got to discussing a current medical bill and why prices are so high. This brought on a discussion of a single payer healthcare system and why the US is the only industrialized nation to not have one. I am a proponent of looking at all sides of an argument, researching multiple viewpoints (not just your preferred source of information), and making an informed opinion. I was amazed at the questions she asked and her willingness to think about all sides of the arguments.

Yep, and mine's only 9.

Then, after dinner, I worked with her on learning photography. I am only a casual shooter but we spent about an hour playing with my camera so she could see how adjusting the various settings affected the photos. She jumped right in and took photos of the firepit in the darkened backyard - not the easiest to get right with the movement, contrast, and textures. At the end of the night, she had several good photos to show. He wants to do the Disney College Program and work as a photopass photographer when she is able.

Seems like just yesterday I was teaching her how to walk.

That's awesome. Hoping to teach my DD some photography at some point, she does seem to like it.

Mine was pretty awesome until I got the credit card bills for the vacation.

The worst part of going on vacation.

They can't touch my memories. Maybe my car and my house, but those memories will be intact.

:thumbsup2

I think not counting calories on vacation made the bill problem worse.

:laughing:

Last edited:
Morning, gents.
Let's see... I'm not sure if this is my Saturday... but I'm working... so does that make it my Thursday, since tomorrow is supposed to be my Sunday but I'm working that one too?

DD and I had lunch, then went for ice cream and then headed to the Mayflower II, a replica of the Mayflower that came over from the Mother Country.
Sounds like a pretty good day. :)
It might come to that. If I start to press the Mrs. about it she just might tell me to take the DD and go ourselves....but we'll see.
Good luck

Afternoon, Fellas! (looks around) Well, that's all I've got. Have a good day

Morning, gents.
Let's see... I'm not sure if this is my Saturday... but I'm working... so does that make it my Thursday, since tomorrow is supposed to be my Sunday but I'm working that one too?

The question I have is: Did you get your day off, and did you enjoy it? Ok, technically that can be counted as two, but I tossed it in as one. :teeth:

Sounds like a pretty good day. :)

It was fun day, and a day that I think my DD and I needed. You know, that daddy/daughter time.

Good luck

Thanks.

Hey gents. Just checking in. Been a bit since I posted over here...truthfully miss it greatly. I'm cross posting between FB and here. Going to be storming the Castle 7/21 -7/30 if anyone is around I'd love to meet up.
:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Brett! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #722!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

Morning Gents. Lovely Sunday here. F1 this morning, working this afternoon and soccer tonight.

Have a great day.

Hey gents. Just checking in. Been a bit since I posted over here...truthfully miss it greatly. I'm cross posting between FB and here. Going to be storming the Castle 7/21 -7/30 if anyone is around I'd love to meet up.

Have a great trip Brett.

You're a month before me. But have a great trip. :)
F1 this morning
See the sprint race yesterday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter