DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Fellas. Been a while since I got on, but all's been well. In fact, had a great end to the week last week. Got confirmation on Friday from my manager that I've been doing a good job. She told me that she's been getting reports that managers like having me working for them and will frequently request me when asking for a float. In fact, there's one manager, at pediatrics, that told me that she requests me specifically when asking for a float because I'll do more than just basic check-in/out that most floats wind up doing. My supervisor then swung by the office I was at on Friday, pediatrics, and reinforced what my manager had said, so that makes me feel good, she was there for something unrelated but decided to re-iterate what my manager had said. All this was was said right before I got a $2 raise to my base pay. :teeth: It was a good end to the week. The weekend was spent cleaning and organizing the house and yard. That's it. Have a good day, everyone.

We practice for two days here and we are under a heat warning. Sand was so hot I have a blister on my foot. First match was this morning and it was pouring rain. Second match coming up in a couple of hours and we have a heat warning again.

Good times at the Canada Games.

:oops: Hope you stayed hydrated.

Morning, troops.
Annoying little morning this morning. I went to check on something for our upcoming Disney trip and on My Disney, it tells me that I don't have any Magic Bands for our resort. I ordered them when we were going to be staying at POP, but moved to a different resort afterwards. I was told the order would be moved as well. Nope. I don't have the time to be on hold with Disney for 5 hours, so thinking the best bet is to just show up, ask for my bands, show them my confirmation # and let them fetch them from POP.
Still... you'd think there'd be some mechanism for moving to a new resort.

Apparently... not so much.

:oops: Dealing with it once you get down there I think is the best way to deal with it.

Hey guys, I was away most of the week at a business conference. For once, it actually was productive. Probably because the conference rooms were kept at a temperature below freezing. I had to run outside during breaks to let the sun defrost me.

Better cold than hot.

hmmm... that coming from a Canadian...

Yeah, what @pkondz said, better than hot.

Morning, boys. Happy...
Well, technically, for me, it's Thursday. Except I took today and tomorrow off.
I'm leaving for Disney early tomorrow morning (on the road to the airport at 2:30am!! :faint:) and I sure hope we both:
a. make it on time with no delays or cancellations
b. our checked bag(s) make it at all.

Traveling ain't as fun as it used to be. At least the plane part of it.

Safe travels.

Evening all,

9th Canada Games are complete for me, happy that the team finished 4th but it sucks being so close to a medal. Still a great time as always. Trip home was a bit of an adventure. Lots of delays at Pearson, in fact we made it in the air with 3 minutes to spare of the flight crew would have timed out and we would have stayed another night (not sure where).

Good to be home again. Hope you are all well.

Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well. Dropped the car off at the dealership last night to get worked on today, wheel bearings, so that leaves me driving my old standard pickup truck....with really small cup holders. I'm not expecting those cup holders to hold my large ice-tea, so I'm going to try using the seatbelt to hold my drink....it'll be interesting to see what happens. Having a good week and staying out of trouble. At pediatrics this week and enjoying it. That's all I've got. Have a good day, gents.

Congratulations!

Thanks

Evening all,

9th Canada Games are complete for me, happy that the team finished 4th but it sucks being so close to a medal. Still a great time as always. Trip home was a bit of an adventure. Lots of delays at Pearson, in fact we made it in the air with 3 minutes to spare of the flight crew would have timed out and we would have stayed another night (not sure where).

Good to be home again. Hope you are all well.

Man, sorry you didn't medal. That's stinks. However, you made it that far and that's cool.

Happy Sunday All.

Been a quiet weekend here, probably the first I haven't worked at least part of since June. Back to soccer tonight after not playing for 3 weeks. Looking forward to that.

Hope you all have a great Sunday.

Morning, everyone. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Work's been going well, so nothing new on that front, except that on Friday I was called a "Rock Star" by my supervisor. That's right, I'm a Rock Star! :teeth: Took my car to the dealership for some work last week, I know, the dealership? Yeah, the dealership. I know what I'm getting for parts when I need work done. Also, the local mechanic I take my old truck to is booked out for weeks. Anyways, I took my car in for louder than normal road noise. I thought it was the wheel bearings. Nope, turned out it was a ball joint. They also found a bunch of other stuff that needed to be worked on that totaled $3700. Now, I took a good 15 minutes trying to decide if I wanted to get the work done on a car with 139K miles, or buy a new/used one. Ultimately I decided that everything that needs to worked on is all wear and tear items. With the engine is still in top working order, I do all scheduled maintenance that's required, I decided to get the work done. Now my car drives really smooth.

Below is a photo I took while in New Mexico in March. Just decided to share it. Hope everyone enjoys.

IMG_0420-4.jpg

Everyone sleeping?

Yup. Got back from da world on Wednesday and have been fighting to catch up on sleep ever since.

Hey guys! Been away a while. I went to Kansas City a couple of weeks ago for a work conference and ate way too much brisket while I was there. I regret nothing. Last week I volunteered at the PGA golf tournament in Wilmington, DE, so I got a chance to work inside the ropes for a few days. That was a lot of fun. Anyway, now I have nothing left to look forward to and no other ways to avoid being in the office, so it's back to the grind.

Hey guys! Been away a while. I went to Kansas City a couple of weeks ago for a work conference and ate way too much brisket while I was there. I regret nothing. Last week I volunteered at the PGA golf tournament in Wilmington, DE, so I got a chance to work inside the ropes for a few days. That was a lot of fun. Anyway, now I have nothing left to look forward to and no other ways to avoid being in the office, so it's back to the grind.
:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Mark! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #257!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

Welcome back!

Humpday Happy GIF - Humpday Happy Wednesday GIFs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter