DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Usually only get one day off out of every eight days. Occasionally one out of seven or one out of nine. Rarely I'll get two days off, usually with a work day in between. Been this way since last fall. Hopefully we'll get some respite soon, for a little bit. We've got two new trainees who should be done training in the next month or two... except one's pregnant and will be gone for a year starting in early September.
How long before retirement?

What's the record for line standing at Disney? I bet it's a lot.
Someone put Guinness on standby!
I wonder if Touring Plans could be used to maximize the amount of time waiting in lines... They do claim to save you money, and if you're in line, you shouldn't be spending any money. They also claim to provide less stress. There's no better way to avoid the Disney crowds than standing in a line. Sounds pretty stress-free to me.

Plus, my wife picked a really sweet dog. She's a lab/terrier mix.
So in other words, you just got a DVC contract and a dog that is going to be loyal and attached to you at the hip out of this deal?
It was top priority for me to get 5:00 for the ADRs, you may say why what is so important about 5:00, I’ll lay you in on a big secret, most of the restaurants start dinner at 5:00 and it is empty so you can get in and out once it hits 6:00 you have the people outside waiting to get in because it starts to back up around then and the later it gets the more it backs up,
At 5:00 you don’t have to wait for the person who takes there sweet ole time eating and then has to have 3 cups of coffee at dessert and is there for over 2 hours☕😲😤
Honestly, I'm not sure that's as big of a deal as it used to be. I usually try to book early dining times as well for this reason, but we had a large group in March and were unable to get those times and had to settle for some more peak times. We were there during spring break crowds and I feel like ADRs were maybe artificially kept less available? We never waited more than 5-10 mintues for a table (with a group of 9, after we had to ask them if we could seat an ADR we had for 4 with an ADR we had for 5) and it seemed like we saw a lot of empty tables every time we ate. It seemed like they would clean a table and it would sit there empty for 15-20 minutes before the next group came in to sit down.
There's a 3 day weekend coming up. Don't try to confuse me on what day of the week it is... :headache:

Great! I've only got one Monday this week. Happens this Friday. Coincidentally, today is the 2nd Friday. (First Friday was the midnight shift earlier today). I only have two more Fridays to go before the weekend... which is Thursday this week.
Sounds likes good week, Only one Monday and 2 Fridays, those cant happen too often.

1,040 Wednesdays,

Don't think Ponzi is allowed to retire (he may just be the only one working up that way)

For me the options are:
- Minimum legal Retirement: 79 more Mondays
- If I want any kind of medical coverage: 208 more Mondays
- When the SSA won't penalize me for doing so: 313 more Mondays
- When my advisors say I can consider it: 468 more Mondays (but even that's probably not long enough)

Whichever way you figure it up...
it's a whole bunch of Mondays that will need to be suffered through.

I thought today was Friday but I seem to think everyday is Friday🍺
Friday it is!! just six more hours tonight, thousands of guest,one 30 minute break,a lot of question answered (where’s the restroom), thousands of dollars handled, a lot of thank yous and even more have a good night and of course (you can figure out this question)
Yes, over the water in world showcase at 9pm…… a million times!
THEN, and only THEN, it will be the start of my four day weekend.
I do have a reservation at Teppen Edo for tomorrow afternoon. The family is off this morning to Pennsylvania for a few days and while the family is gone, it’s off to Teppen Edo!! Lol. It’s a tradition. Lol May even head over to my old workplace and say hello.

Honestly, I'm not sure that's as big of a deal as it used to be. I usually try to book early dining times as well for this reason, but we had a large group in March and were unable to get those times and had to settle for some more peak times. We were there during spring break crowds and I feel like ADRs were maybe artificially kept less available? We never waited more than 5-10 mintues for a table (with a group of 9, after we had to ask them if we could seat an ADR we had for 4 with an ADR we had for 5) and it seemed like we saw a lot of empty tables every time we ate. It seemed like they would clean a table and it would sit there empty for 15-20 minutes before the next group came in to sit down.
I know we talked about this a bit over in my TR, but I wonder if others are making the same decision you did--if I have to pay for Genie+, that means I spend less on meals.

I honestly don’t know. :(
:hug:

It will happen. I don't know when or how, but it will work out. Nothing lasts forever.

Except for boat rides on It's a Small World.

Don't think Ponzi is allowed to retire (he may just be the only one working up that way)

For me the options are:
- Minimum legal Retirement: 79 more Mondays
- If I want any kind of medical coverage: 208 more Mondays
- When the SSA won't penalize me for doing so: 313 more Mondays
- When my advisors say I can consider it: 468 more Mondays (but even that's probably not long enough)

Whichever way you figure it up...
it's a whole bunch of Mondays that will need to be suffered through.
Same comment as above.

Deeply considering replacing our Tesla Model Y Long Range with a 4xe Rubicon X Wrangler. We love the Tesla, and, you know, not having to do maintenance like oil changes or anything like that. We like that we can charge it at home and "fill our tank" of electrons for like $6. That said, we miss the ability to go 4 wheeling. It's something my wife and I both liked doing when we were younger (separately) and now that we're moving back to Colorado in July and we have an end date for how long my son will be living with us, we are starting to make plans for what we will do with our lives once he's out of the house. That means going to do stuff we like to do instead of just doing whatever our kids kind of demand of us.

The benefit is that we will have a jeep again, been a LOONG time since that happened, and we can go and have fun with it. Also, as a daily driver, most of our driving is typically within 10-15 miles of the house so that means that our 21 hwy, and 26 city range of full electric will give us the same experience as our Tesla does now. I also kind of miss wrenching on a car so this will be helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter