DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Deeply considering replacing our Tesla Model Y Long Range with a 4xe Rubicon X Wrangler. We love the Tesla, and, you know, not having to do maintenance like oil changes or anything like that. We like that we can charge it at home and "fill our tank" of electrons for like $6. That said, we miss the ability to go 4 wheeling. It's something my wife and I both liked doing when we were younger (separately) and now that we're moving back to Colorado in July and we have an end date for how long my son will be living with us, we are starting to make plans for what we will do with our lives once he's out of the house. That means going to do stuff we like to do instead of just doing whatever our kids kind of demand of us.

The benefit is that we will have a jeep again, been a LOONG time since that happened, and we can go and have fun with it. Also, as a daily driver, most of our driving is typically within 10-15 miles of the house so that means that our 21 hwy, and 26 city range of full electric will give us the same experience as our Tesla does now. I also kind of miss wrenching on a car so this will be helpful.
I think you're the first person I know who's going away from Tesla back to gas. Interesting, but logical reasoning.

I think you're the first person I know who's going away from Tesla back to gas. Interesting, but logical reasoning.
I mean, it's still electric. Every BEV off road truck has independent suspension and the battery absolutely dies once you get off road. Jeep is working on their full BEV vehicle (Recon) and it looks like a renegade which really isn't our cup of tea. They are promising a fully EV wrangler (at least to show off) next year, but even that I doubt would be good.
That said, we are probably going to get a used Model 3 to get around town in when we start snowbirding, since Florida drives to see family are always 2-3 hours of driving and there's nothing really fun to drive over here (less tourists, but, you know... LAWS).

Friday it is!! just six more hours tonight, thousands of guest,one 30 minute break,a lot of question answered (where’s the restroom), thousands of dollars handled, a lot of thank yous and even more have a good night and of course (you can figure out this question)
Yes, over the water in world showcase at 9pm…… a million times!
THEN, and only THEN, it will be the start of my four day weekend.
I do have a reservation at Teppen Edo for tomorrow afternoon. The family is off this morning to Pennsylvania for a few days and while the family is gone, it’s off to Teppen Edo!! Lol. It’s a tradition. Lol May even head over to my old workplace and say hello.

So will you fly in on one of the cars? Maybe flash people as you travel overhead?
Deeply considering replacing our Tesla Model Y Long Range with a 4xe Rubicon X Wrangler. We love the Tesla, and, you know, not having to do maintenance like oil changes or anything like that. We like that we can charge it at home and "fill our tank" of electrons for like $6. That said, we miss the ability to go 4 wheeling. It's something my wife and I both liked doing when we were younger (separately) and now that we're moving back to Colorado in July and we have an end date for how long my son will be living with us, we are starting to make plans for what we will do with our lives once he's out of the house. That means going to do stuff we like to do instead of just doing whatever our kids kind of demand of us.

The benefit is that we will have a jeep again, been a LOONG time since that happened, and we can go and have fun with it. Also, as a daily driver, most of our driving is typically within 10-15 miles of the house so that means that our 21 hwy, and 26 city range of full electric will give us the same experience as our Tesla does now. I also kind of miss wrenching on a car so this will be helpful.

Oil changes? People do oil changes?

Next you will tell me need to change the air in the tires.

I know we talked about this a bit over in my TR, but I wonder if others are making the same decision you did--if I have to pay for Genie+, that means I spend less on meals.
I'd assume that is part of it, but frankly, the day our ADR window opened we still had a hard time finding ADRs for the times I wanted, even later in the week. The fact that I really had a hard time finding ADRs and even ended up stalking the ADR availability and changing them as and ADR I wanted opened up, it makes me think that they must be holding back some inventory as well. Heck, I'd spent weeks scoping out a lunch ADR for 50's PT Fantasmic package that I just finally found available the week before our trip and we were in a dining room section with probably 6-7 tables and only 2 were occupied the whole hour we were there.
Oil changes? People do oil changes?
Why change it? Just add more when it gets low. You know, like gas.
Next you will tell me need to change the air in the tires.
I mean it is about time to change that winter air out for summer air. I guess I should add that to the list of things to get taken care of this weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter