DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Soooo...

Anyone catch the Indy 500? Or Monaco GP? Thoughts?

:car:

Soooo...

Monaco was typical Monaco, boring except for the few laps in the rain. Indy was entertaining and the last few laps were crazy. Hope the guy that own the car that was hit by the flying tire saved the video to show his insurance company.

Nice place Dave don’t be showing these pics at work they will think they are paying you too much😲
Ooohhhhhh, they know they pay me enough to cover the utility bills around here. Lol. I really can’t complain. They know I’m a part time, frontline cm with no plains of working towards advancement. I’m happy being just that. If I was younger, I would but it’s like any other business, the higher you go, the more responsibility, headaches and aggravation. I did that for 30 plus years and had enough of it.
It’s nice enjoying going to work. It’s even nicer just doing wherever they need you to do and punching in and punching out and going home three days a week.
I’ve never been happier. I have been kicking the idea of going full time. Full time is about 32-36 hours a week, If it’s too much I can always go back to part time.
I do pretty good, I do a lot better than working at a grocery store or big box store, plus I get a lot of perks. Don’t get me wrong, it did kill the Magic a little. Lol. Vacationing where you work is tuff, even if it is WDW. Lol. We go to the parks anymore to eat. At best we will hit a few rides. Last night we ate at Brown Derby. Went on Mickeys railroad and Alian swirl. Visited a few people who work there that we know and headed home. It’s a lot different when you live next to it.

Last edited:
Soooo...

Indy was a great race, I thought. Pretty competitive and I’m glad that it finished under green despite the odd call on that last red flag. I think if they’re going to prioritize a green flag finish they need to just adopt rules like nascar has.
Monaco was typical Monaco, boring except for the few laps in the rain. Indy was entertaining and the last few laps were crazy. Hope the guy that own the car that was hit by the flying tire saved the video to show his insurance company.
It was a lady who was working in the turn 2 suites. Apparently damage was worse than it looked. Busted radiator and something wrong with the front left wheel. They had it towed and Doug Boles ( track president, local celebrity and generally an awesome guy) gave her a track car to drive home. They’ve got enough Vettes and Camaros that he should just give her one to keep.

Monaco was typical Monaco, boring except for the few laps in the rain.
Monaco was Monaco. Steeped in history. Pretty to watch. But... no passing. Or very little, anyways. The rain made it fun, though.
Indy was entertaining and the last few laps were crazy.
Right???
F1 is where the $$$ are, but Indycar is a far more entertaining league, IMHO.
Hope the guy that own the car that was hit by the flying tire saved the video to show his insurance company.
"Yeah sure. A flying tire, huh? Right. I suppose Harry Potter sent it?"
Indy was a great race, I thought. Pretty competitive and I’m glad that it finished under green despite the odd call on that last red flag.
Really enjoyed the race and was on the edge of my seat for the last 15 laps or so. Crazy ride.
I noted that Dixon went from having that vibration which dropped him down to 21st finished 6th. Was hoping that TK might do a bit better in his final(?) run.
I think if they’re going to prioritize a green flag finish they need to just adopt rules like nascar has.
Maybe? In any event, I sure hate when the race ends under a yellow. Completely anti-climactic.
It was a lady who was working in the turn 2 suites. Apparently damage was worse than it looked. Busted radiator and something wrong with the front left wheel. They had it towed and Doug Boles ( track president, local celebrity and generally an awesome guy) gave her a track car to drive home. They’ve got enough Vettes and Camaros that he should just give her one to keep.
:laughing:
Sorry about your old truck. Here's a Vette to make up for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter