DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey, Fellas! Hope this finds everyone well. I know I'm behind yet again, but once again I've been busy lately. I've been editing videos and pictures as well as auditioning for the Christmas show. Yes you read that right, I auditioned for the Christmas show. Local theater companies now audition months in advance for shows because of the dwindling pool of actors. They want to secure the actors now for a show in the future so they don't have a problem...at least I think that's the reason. As for the auditions. My DD and I auditioned for Matilda The Musical, and she got the part of Hortencia and I got the part of the Doctor and Escapologist. I'm happy with what I got, and I get to play on stage with my DD. The Mrs. is music director, so while we all won't be on stage together, the family will still be in it.

I've been working on editing a video I took of my DW's school production this year, Samantha Spade Ace Detective that her school did. The editing is done, but trying to save it from the video editing software so that I can actually view the video once saved on the computer is giving me a problem. Grrr.

Well, down to 11 days to my vacation to the World! I'm getting excited. Everything's done for the vacation except surprising the DD, which we'll do this Friday after work.

Outside that all's well. Have a good day.

TTFN

Back in the 70s and into the 80s, your park ticket almost looked like a toll both ticket, if some of you kids remember those. Lol
On the bottom was rectangles with how many days, day one, day two, day three etc.
When you got to the turnstile, the cm would rubber stamp the date on your ticket.
If you wanted to leave and come back, they would stamp the back of your hand with an invisible ink, it was probably some kind of acid. Lol

:laughing:

On return, they would look at the date stamp on the ticket and you would run your hand under a blue light. The stamp was a name of a Disney character. Sometimes on your right hand sometimes on your left.
It didn’t wash off easy, even with swimming. Peter Pan ride you could see all your stamps.
I have a ticket from the 70s but it’s still in a box somewhere in the house from when we moved.
This was the system that they used after ticket books. Which I remember those too. Lol
But no, they don’t stamp your hand anymore. It’s all done off your experience app and the tickets linked to it. The mouse knows where, when and who is coming and going anymore.
He sees and knows everything, lol

You know, I somehow didn't think they stamped hands anymore, but had to ask. Thanks

View attachment 762011Here ya go, this is what a ticket looked like.

:thumbsup2

Yes, I actually opted for a small SSR contract that has the same use year that our other contract has. There wasn't much for OKW on the resale market and the extended contracts are more expensive than SSR with just three more year on them. We just signed the contract tonight. Now it'll be a few months before we close. I've been wanting more points anyways, mainly to share the DVC experience with friends and family.

Plus, my wife picked a really sweet dog. She's a lab/terrier mix.

Usually only get one day off out of every eight days. Occasionally one out of seven or one out of nine. Rarely I'll get two days off, usually with a work day in between. Been this way since last fall. Hopefully we'll get some respite soon, for a little bit. We've got two new trainees who should be done training in the next month or two... except one's pregnant and will be gone for a year starting in early Septembe

Only one day off out of every eight? That's quite the schedule.

There ya go. That's the important part... provided it actually means something.
I've been in this game too long to think (at least in my job) that "points" for good work actually means anything.

Thankfully it means something where I work. I do hear from time to time when someone sends a good email to my supervisor. I actually had a patient tell a doctor once how nice I was and how it helped them relax. That one did make it back to my supervisor and manager because I heard about it.

Nope. Not any more. But I do remember that.

Thanks for letting me know. Somehow I didn't think they did that anymore, what with technology and all, but had to ask.

Hump-Day-Wednesday-Memes-24-772x1024.jpg

Hey, Fellas! Hope this finds everyone well. I know I'm behind yet again, but once again I've been busy lately. I've been editing videos and pictures as well as auditioning for the Christmas show. Yes you read that right, I auditioned for the Christmas show. Local theater companies now audition months in advance for shows because of the dwindling pool of actors. They want to secure the actors now for a show in the future so they don't have a problem...at least I think that's the reason. As for the auditions. My DD and I auditioned for Matilda The Musical, and she got the part of Hortencia and I got the part of the Doctor and Escapologist. I'm happy with what I got, and I get to play on stage with my DD. The Mrs. is music director, so while we all won't be on stage together, the family will still be in it.

I've been working on editing a video I took of my DW's school production this year, Samantha Spade Ace Detective that her school did. The editing is done, but trying to save it from the video editing software so that I can actually view the video once saved on the computer is giving me a problem. Grrr.

Well, down to 11 days to my vacation to the World! I'm getting excited. Everything's done for the vacation except surprising the DD, which we'll do this Friday after work.

Outside that all's well. Have a good day.

TTFN

:laughing:

You know, I somehow didn't think they stamped hands anymore, but had to ask. Thanks

Thankfully it means something where I work. I do hear from time to time when someone sends a good email to my supervisor. I actually had a patient tell a doctor once how nice I was and how it helped them relax. That one did make it back to my supervisor and manager because I heard about it.

Thanks for letting me know. Somehow I didn't think they did that anymore, what with technology and all, but had to ask.
Have a good trip heading to the sunshine state ! If you want to meet up for a quick handshake and hello just let me know!

Coming up quick!
Make sure you post that video!
It varies. I think I had two days off in a row a few months ago. Not sure, though.
And sometimes it's a Friday... and sucks.
I've been helping clean out my parents' home and today a heavy lathe that I was moving slipped and cut pretty deeply into my finger. Dr. said it should be okay and glued it back together. Luckily it's not the middle finger.

Can't wait for my day off tomorrow. Well, until I leave for work, late tomorrow evening.

And sometimes it's a Friday... and sucks.
I've been helping clean out my parents' home and today a heavy lathe that I was moving slipped and cut pretty deeply into my finger. Dr. said it should be okay and glued it back together. Luckily it's not the middle finger.

Can't wait for my day off tomorrow. Well, until I leave for work, late tomorrow evening.

Hope they used a good glue.

As I've gotten older, I've felt like time keeps speeding up and the years are going by faster and faster. Then I come to this page and feel like time is moving forward, backwards, up, down, and repeating itself.

Yuck. Hope it heals quickly, and I'm glad it didn't impact your most important finger.

Well there’s the latest on it. No word whether it will be one of the IMS Vettes or not.
It's a 2005 Ford Taurus.

As I've gotten older, I've felt like time keeps speeding up and the years are going by faster and faster. Then I come to this page and feel like time is moving forward, backwards, up, down, and repeating itself.

Yuck. Hope it heals quickly, and I'm glad it didn't impact your most important finger.

It's a 2005 Ford Taurus.

It's a 2005 Ford Taurus.
It does move faster and faster the older you get. Well, it’s Saturday #1 so, time for a nap and a dip in the pool. Have a good weekend x 2. Lol

Yep. You lose your balance as you age ya know.
Well, it’s Saturday #1 so, time for a nap and a dip in the pool. Have a good weekend x 2. Lol
It’s Saturday and Sunday for me. Which means going with mom to visit dad in the hospital, taking her for errands and then running errands myself. Back to work at midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter