DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

This afternoon, my wife added Oga's Cantina to our date night.
:thumbsup2
When she woke up this morning, she asked me what I was able to book. I told her just Tony's Town Square at 10:30am.
440671e2dbd933948876357802739856f930f2c9_2_502x500.jpeg
Hey! I like Tony's! May not be the best food on property, but they've vastly improved from a few years ago.

:thumbsup2

Hey! I like Tony's! May not be the best food on property, but they've vastly improved from a few years ago.
I have heard the same. Hope it stays on that trend! Part of the joke was Tony's, part of the joke was the time. We'll be in WDW a couple more times next year, so who knows, maybe we'll give Tony's a chance on one of our future MK days.

This Friday we will be at the all new Narcoossee for dinner.
Looking forward to going back again. We are hoping our server, Steve came back. He transferred to the Starcruiser when it opened.
Only two Italian restaurants I eat at on property, Via Napoli for pizza and Il Mulino. VN is hard to get a “last minute“ reservation at and I’m not doing stand by.
Just haven’t had time the past few months to get over to Mulino.
Back to the grind tonight, I’m closing tonight. The best part about closing is you get to walk through the park, the music is still playing and the regular lights are still on and not a person in sight. Especially after a good rain, the ground is wet, the lights reflect of the ground and the smell of Florida rain is still in the air.

Morning, Fellas!

I know I have been MIA again, but I had computer issues and thought I had lost my computer. Losing your computer is never a good thing, but I have photography projects I’ve been working in. Thankfully, all it needed was a bios reset with a friend was able to do for me, without losing anything. (Whew!)

Had a good weekend this past weekend. Spent most of it at my daughters dance recital taking pictures. She was in three of the five performances, but I attended four of them taking pictures. The Director of the company allows me to take pictures, though I am not the official photographer.

Well, the DW and I sprung the Disney World surprise on our daughter, and she did not disappoint. She was really happy and excited, though it took about a half an hour for it to really sink in where we were going in a week. I did video it, but the Mrs. won’t let me put it up online.

Have a good trip heading to the sunshine state ! If you want to meet up for a quick handshake and hello just let me know!

Would love to meet up for a quick handshake and hello. This will be the first time for me to meet one of the DisDads. I’ll shoot you a DM for details.

Congrats on the parts, awesome you get to be in it with her.

Thanks. It’ll be fun performing with her again.

Coming up quick!
Make sure you post that video!

I did get it recorded, it the Mrs. won’t let me put it online.

It varies. I think I had two days off in a row a few months ago. Not sure, though.

Two days off in a row a few months ago?! I’d renegotiate your contract.

This Friday we will be at the all new Narcoossee for dinner.
Didn't know it was "new"? New menu? Decor? Both?
Only two Italian restaurants I eat at on property, Via Napoli for pizza and Il Mulino. VN is hard to get a “last minute“ reservation at and I’m not doing stand by.
Never been to Swolphin so haven't tried Il Mulino, but have done Via Napoli and... just wasn't impressed. Can get much better pizza at home. I've had some really good food at Mama Melrose (another place that had consistently bad reviews in times past), mediocre food at Trattoria on the Boardwalk, and a really good spaghetti at Terralina in DS.
The best part about closing is you get to walk through the park, the music is still playing and the regular lights are still on and not a person in sight. Especially after a good rain, the ground is wet, the lights reflect of the ground and the smell of Florida rain is still in the air.
Niiiiice. :thumbsup2
I know I have been MIA again, but I had computer issues and thought I had lost my computer. Losing your computer is never a good thing, but I have photography projects I’ve been working in. Thankfully, all it needed was a bios reset with a friend was able to do for me, without losing anything. (Whew!)
Oh, man. That's... scary. Your heart just sinks when the computer goes kaput.
Hope you're backing everything up.
Well, the DW and I sprung the Disney World surprise on our daughter, and she did not disappoint. She was really happy and excited, though it took about a half an hour for it to really sink in where we were going in a week.
:goodvibes
I did video it, but the Mrs. won’t let me put it up online.
Too bad, but completely understand. :)
We're just so critically short staffed. We have two trainees who are close to qualification and that should take some of the pressure off... for a bit. One is going on mat leave in August. So...

Well, the DW and I sprung the Disney World surprise on our daughter, and she did not disappoint. She was really happy and excited, though it took about a half an hour for it to really sink in where we were going in a week. I did video it, but the Mrs. won’t let me put it up online.
That's fantastic! I'm glad she's so excited. As are you, I'm sure.

Didn't know it was "new"? New menu? Decor? Both?

Never been to Swolphin so haven't tried Il Mulino, but have done Via Napoli and... just wasn't impressed. Can get much better pizza at home. I've had some really good food at Mama Melrose (another place that had consistently bad reviews in times past), mediocre food at Trattoria on the Boardwalk, and a really good spaghetti at Terralina in DS.

Niiiiice. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

We're just so critically short staffed. We have two trainees who are close to qualification and that should take some of the pressure off... for a bit. One is going on mat leave in August. So...
They re did it, decor and menu. It was closed for maybe six months for the redo. Via Napoli is the edible pizza we have found in Florida. Lol. We are originally from the northeast and for some reason they can’t make pizza or bread products in Florida. Many have tried but it’s just not the same. When we go north, we always get pizza, at least once. Lol.
Il Mulino is some of the best Italian food I’ve had, other than my moms, of course. The pasta is all made fresh. If you’re into wine, they do the wine pairings.
Good ole mammas, tried it twice, we leave it for the tourist. Lol
Just keep in mind, I work there, and every restaurant on property is excellent and worth the visit.

Morning, Fellas!

Had a good weekend this past weekend. Spent most of it at my daughters dance recital taking pictures. She was in three of the five performances, but I attended four of them taking pictures. The Director of the company allows me to take pictures, though I am not the official photographer.

Would love to meet up for a quick handshake and hello. This will be the first time for me to meet one of the DisDads. I’ll shoot you a DM for details.

Thanks. It’ll be fun performing with her again.

I did get it recorded, it the Mrs. won’t let me put it online.

I sent you a message.

Happy birthday, Randall!

Alright guys leaving you without supervision for a bit. It's the start of 7 Saturdays for me. Leaving tomorrow afternoon for the drive to Canaveral. 18hrs straight thru. Whoo hoo.
Hope it's a great trip!

It was good. Not something we would do all the time but it was pretty cool. That was the first time for us.
Space 220 looks like a cool experience. I just remember shaking my head at the prices on the menu when it first opened up.

60 days out from our ten day August WDW vacation. Just booked our ADRs for the first portion of our split-stay. Here's what I was able to snag:
Liberty Tree Tavern w/ family + my parents for dinner on 8/4
Sci-Fi Drive-In Theater w/ family + my parents for lunch on 8/5
'Ohana w/ wife for dinner on 8/5
Crystal Palace w/ family + my parents for dinner on 8/6
'Ohana w/ family + my parents for breakfast on 8/7
Skipper Canteen w/ family + my parents for dinner on 8/7
Via Napoli w/ family for dinner on 8/8
Hoop-Dee-Doo w/ family for dinner on 8/9
Sanaa w/ family for lunch on 8/10

All of the reservations were relatively easy and around the time we would want to eat. I'm not sure why I had to wake up at 4:30am CT to book these reservations...:rotfl2:
Wow, I was looking for Ohana for a while and never saw availability there. I think the 10-day rule probably helps quite a bit there.

I can answer all those questions!
1. No clue
2. Hadn't even heard of that.
3. They do that? Didn't know that.
This is why we keep you around, for the inside knowledge.

Got a felling the transportation cards are starting to float around I saw a skyline r one somewhere online they never had one in the last 4sets.
Those were always fun to hunt down, even if my kids lost all of them as soon as we got home.

Back to the grind tonight, I’m closing tonight. The best part about closing is you get to walk through the park, the music is still playing and the regular lights are still on and not a person in sight. Especially after a good rain, the ground is wet, the lights reflect of the ground and the smell of Florida rain is still in the air.
That sounds...pretty amazing, actually.

Awesome! Glad you could pull off the surprise!

Happy birthday, Randall!

Hope it's a great trip!

Space 220 looks like a cool experience. I just remember shaking my head at the prices on the menu when it first opened up.

Wow, I was looking for Ohana for a while and never saw availability there. I think the 10-day rule probably helps quite a bit there.

This is why we keep you around, for the inside knowledge.

Those were always fun to hunt down, even if my kids lost all of them as soon as we got home.

That sounds...pretty amazing, actually.

Oh I was shaking my head too. Lol Don’t get me wrong, food was good for that category of dining, we sat against the glass just as you come down the stairs in the middle of the restaurant. For the three of us, I had soda and the other two had two drinks, with an AP discount, it was $300. Excellent service, the server took something off the menu because someone didn’t like something, he offered and insisted. Everyone went out of their way and just about did back flips for you.
Im more of a Cali grill, narcoossee, citricos,flying fish person when it’s up in that range. I understand you’re also paying for the cool atmospher. I would definitely go back, just not on the top of my list.

Oh yes, it is pretty cool walking out at night. No pictures or videos allowed, sorry or I would.

The 60+10 did more than I realized when I first posted my reservations. As of right now, there are no times for dinner on 8/5 or breakfast for 8/7. HDD only had Category 3 when I was booking. So some money saved, but without a great view.

I was surprised we didn't have to settle for any really early/late lunches and dinners. I can usually work with my boys when they're hot or hungry, but not both, so I was hoping to stay around the times we normally eat.

We may not keep all of reservations, as my estimation of our food cost for our meals is currently around $1,700. Then I have to figure they will want snacks from time to time and we will still be eating some meals at the room or out of a cooler. Skipper Canteen was a late add since its the last meal we would eat with my parents while they are vacationing with us, but we are supposed to be at EPCOT that day. We all have APs and are staying at the Poly, so it's not that big of deal though. Via Napoli looks good and is a bit more economical if we stick to ordering a pizza. But then again, I do want to try some of the offerings of F&W while we are there. Those two might be victims to help save a little money or so we can do something else. We will see.

The 60+10 did more than I realized when I first posted my reservations. As of right now, there are no times for dinner on 8/5 or breakfast for 8/7. HDD only had Category 3 when I was booking. So some money saved, but without a great view.

I was surprised we didn't have to settle for any really early/late lunches and dinners. I can usually work with my boys when they're hot or hungry, but not both, so I was hoping to stay around the times we normally eat.

We may not keep all of reservations, as my estimation of our food cost for our meals is currently around $1,700. Then I have to figure they will want snacks from time to time and we will still be eating some meals at the room or out of a cooler. Skipper Canteen was a late add since its the last meal we would eat with my parents while they are vacationing with us, but we are supposed to be at EPCOT that day. We all have APs and are staying at the Poly, so it's not that big of deal though. Via Napoli looks good and is a bit more economical if we stick to ordering a pizza. But then again, I do want to try some of the offerings of F&W while we are there. Those two might be victims to help save a little money or so we can do something else. We will see.
Before you get your card out or tap a magic band, always ask if they have any discounts where ever you are. In the same breath say, AP, DVC, Disney Visa whatever discounts you have.
We are required to ask but some places don’t offer and a lot of people forget to ask.
A lot of the time lunches will give you a discount at sit down restaurants. (Before 3pm) It all adds up.
AP discount now it 30 percent off certain things. It’s not for a long period of time.
Sometimes I do better with my AP than my CM discount at some places.
They’re not all the same from place to place because some shops and restaurants are third party.

Morning, Fellas!

Mark this day in your calendars for I, CapeCodTenor, has responded within a day! :dancer::dancer: Had a very busy day at work yesterday, so it helped the day to fly by to get me one day closer to my vacation. We started the day off with 112 patients but wound up with 137 by days end....and that doesn't include the walk-ins.

Down to 5 days, guys. I can't wait. And you know, what? Neither can the Mrs. She's getting just as excited for this trip as me and the DD....so I think this will be a great vacation.

Well, gotta make this a short one as I now have to head off to work. Have a great day, everyone, and we'll chat later.

My heart did sink, but thankfully I was able to get the computer working again. My friend, who worked on my computer, said that he can update my hard drive and ram for small amount of money. So, I think I'll be updating my computer when I get back from Disney World.

:teeth:

Would love to have posted it, but I agree with with Mrs. However, my DD didn't disappoint. What was really funny is about 1/2 hour later she started giggling. Delayed reaction.

That makes sense. I wish you weren't so short staffed, but hopefully one day you'll be able to the level of fully staffed.

That's fantastic! I'm glad she's so excited. As are you, I'm sure.

She loved it as did we

We were able to pull it off, and the DD loved it.

Oh stop. I’ve taken quite a few vir

Wait……. I’ve met a few first timers yes. Lol.

:laughing:

Mark this day in your calendars for I, CapeCodTenor, has responded within a day!
Who dis?
Down to 5 days, guys. I can't wait.
Coming up fast!
However, my DD didn't disappoint. What was really funny is about 1/2 hour later she started giggling. Delayed reaction.
:laughing: Great!
That makes sense. I wish you weren't so short staffed, but hopefully one day you'll be able to the level of fully staffed.
I think we'll be up to staff in about a year... if what I'm hearing about new trainees this fall pans out. Then again, we have 2-3 ready to retire in a couple three years, so...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter