DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Off to get ready to go back to the grind today. Late night tonight again, I love it.
Hope everyone in the path of the smoke is staying inside and of course prayers for everyone in the great white north dealing with the fires.
Have a happy Friday!
The smoke is. horrible here and to top it off two. towns away they have a 50+ acre fire adding to the smoke it’s like a heavy fog

Smoke is bad here today. They just closed my son's high school because the HVAC wasn't doing its job. We've pulled in all field personnel from non-emergency work.

And I can blame it all on Canada!

👍Dr gave the go ahead for me to get my fake leg🦿it’s all done but it will not be here till probably next Friday, Can’t wait
Glad you’re getting it. Hope it’s a great one!
Smoke is bad here today. They just closed my son's high school because the HVAC wasn't doing its job. We've pulled in all field personnel from non-emergency work.

And I can blame it all on Canada!
Sorry. I forgot to take the pizza out of the oven and I burnt it

This is a different DisDads post.

A couple of weeks ago, I was able to meet up with my best friend Dan. It's been a while, like ten years, since we last met up. He has three kids now, as do I. The last time, neither of us were married and we didn't have kids. But you know a best friend because those changes don't change anything.

Dan was so kind towards my oldest, Davis. On the walk home from the ice cream shop, Dan said he would give Davis five dollars for helping with his kids. Davis was awesome with his kids. After Davis was given the money, he said he wanted to save it for our Disney trip in August. So, I put in his Fidelity account so it would earn interest.

Tonight, Davis changed his mind and said he wants the money from my friend, Dan, to go to a charity for children instead.

Some backstory: Davis went to Lurie's Children Hospital as a young child due to his feet. I had braces as a child and unfortunately, Davis was born with a similar issue, but thankfully it wasn't as bad. While he went to Lurie's, he had amazing care and received the utmost compassion. His doctor, Eric King, was phenomenal.

Yesterday, I was listening to a Morningstar podcast with Ramit Sethi about living a rich (meaningful) life. From that podcast and my son's words tonight, I learned something: I need to be more generous.

So, I told him I would match his $5.00, because he mentioned it wasn't a lot. But I want to do more than just give $10.00 to Lurie's. So not to put anyone on the spot, but my wife and I talked and we will match all gifts to Lurie's up to $5,000. And it's not just for DisDads. You can let others know. But to be honest, I have found the DisDads group to be a great group of men, and I would like to believe we can give generously to a world that is deeply in need of our kindness and generosity. Also, I will show proof of matching.

Davis is making me a better person, as are his brothers Maxwell and Robin. I want my children to believe they can change the world for good. And the DisDads board is one place where I find hope for a better tomorrow.

Thank you for being here, whether or not you choose to give. I understand everyone has different abilities to give. All of you are wonderful. Even if you cannot give, please provide a kind word for Davis, as he was the main driver of this effort. Thank you again!

https://my.luriechildrens.org/page/...49.889385758.1686274712-1260923460.1686274712

After months of waiting for the refurb to get done, we finally got back to Narcoossee tonight. Everything is on the same level now. Made for extra seating and gave it a more open look.
We enjoyed it. I’m not sure if we have just eaten at these places so many times, but it just wasn’t the wow we were hoping for. When you live here, it does kill the Magic, a lot.
Food was good, real good. I used a cm discount coupon so the sting wasn’t as bad. Lol I tend to visit the restaurants who take part in our discount programs, even when I don’t have a discount to use.I Just feel I like to support the places that support us.
Here are some pictures.
IMG_3773.jpegIMG_3774.jpegIMG_3775.jpegIMG_3778.jpegIMG_3779.jpegIMG_3780.jpeg

Hey, Fellas! Hope all are well! I'm now down to hours before our trip. We'll be leaving for the airport in under 12 hours and we can't wait. My plan to have all our packing done by noon today, June 10th, didn't come to fruition, running too many errands between yesterday, first day of my vacation, and today kind of put a kibosh on that. However all the packing is now down with the exception of the stuff we have to wait until after showing tomorrow morning. Got the oil changed in the car as well as got the slow leak in the tire fixed, don't want to come back to a flat tire, so I'm now no longer have to worry about the car to and from Providence, R.I.

Well, guys, gotta run. Have a good day and we'll see ya on the other side.

The Ghost of DisDads Past. :teeth:

Coming up fast!

Very fast. Like in under 12 hours. :goodvibes

I think we'll be up to staff in about a year... if what I'm hearing about new trainees this fall pans out. Then again, we have 2-3 ready to retire in a couple three years, so...

Never ending cycle, isn't it?

Hey, Fellas! Hope all are well! I'm now down to hours before our trip. We'll be leaving for the airport in under 12 hours and we can't wait. My plan to have all our packing done by noon today, June 10th, didn't come to fruition, running too many errands between yesterday, first day of my vacation, and today kind of put a kibosh on that. However all the packing is now down with the exception of the stuff we have to wait until after showing tomorrow morning. Got the oil changed in the car as well as got the slow leak in the tire fixed, don't want to come back to a flat tire, so I'm now no longer have to worry about the car to and from Providence, R.I.

Have a safe trip! Just watch out for the weather down here, sunny, sunny,sunny! Lol

Have a great trip!

Safe Travels and Have Fun👍

Finally! It's Saturday.
And lucky me, I've got mostly Saturdays and Sundays ahead of me across the next nine or so (there's also a half-a-Monday and two Half-a-Fridays mixed in there, but at this point, I'll take it as a bit of a win).
It’s a day… again!
After months of waiting for the refurb to get done, we finally got back to Narcoossee tonight. Everything is on the same level now. Made for extra seating and gave it a more open look.
We enjoyed it. I’m not sure if we have just eaten at these places so many times, but it just wasn’t the wow we were hoping for.
Sorry to hear that. Was hoping for better
When you live here, it does kill the Magic, a lot.
I can see that.
Food was good, real good.
That’s the most important part.
I'm now down to hours before our trip. We'll be leaving for the airport in under 12 hours and we can't wait.
You’re gone already but if you check in… Have a great time!

Finally! It's Saturday.
And lucky me, I've got mostly Saturdays and Sundays ahead of me across the next nine or so (there's also a half-a-Monday and two Half-a-Fridays mixed in there, but at this point, I'll take it as a bit of a win).
Enjoy! Doing anything special?

I’m not sure if we have just eaten at these places so many times, but it just wasn’t the wow we were hoping for.

IMG_3775.jpeg
Well, there's your problem. You ordered a salad.

We'll be leaving for the airport in under 12 hours and we can't wait.
Have fun storming the castle!

Since every year my AP gets me less for more, I’m going to cheapify my trip to the max. Since we will have our car before we go to the resort w will stop at Publix the first thing is soda they have 6pks. That are 16.6oz compared to WDW 20oz, even if they are reg price 7.99 Figure I’ll get 3 for each of us so that will be 23.97 pp compared to WDW at 4.50 each for a total of 81.00 that’s a 57.03 difference x 3 I save 171.09 just on soda.
This is just a start I’m going to go over everything like snacks, breakfast, lunch etc my goal is to spend the least amount I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter