• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Fellas! Hope this finds everyone well, I know I am. :teeth: I'm now at day 5 of COVID and just tested negative! :dancer::dancer: As much as I love sitting on my butt and watching TV, and doing some cleaning, I am looking forward to getting back to work. Yeah, I said it. I'm getting tired of being in this house. I also get to go back to performing in Hello Dolly, though not until tomorrow. So miss being in that show. Outside that all is well. Hope everyone has a good day.

TTFN

Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks.

Don't be silly. Today is Friday... again. 12 hours to go, ending tomorrow morning. Next day is Saturunday.

Oh of course. What was I thinking.

Thanks.

Hey, Fellas! Hope everyone is enjoying....whatever day this is. For me it's Sunday, and this afternoon I'll be taking the family to go see Star Wars in concert with the local symphony. So looking forward to this. We did this several years ago when the Boston Pops did ET in concert. I don't know what I enjoyed more the movie with the symphony or watching the click track that the conductor watches to sync with the movie. I was music geek heaven.

That's it, have a good day, guys.

Hey, Guys! Star Wars in Concert was great! It was a sold out show and I'll admit to shedding a tear when the orchestra started playing the music. They even played the 20th Century Fox theme at the beginning. I'd love to see it again.

Well, off to work. Have a great day guys.

What's a weekend? :confused3

For most people, a weekend is two days off in a row, usually Saturday and Sunday. But with your schedule it could be any two days.

Wait... the what? What is that????

A click track, in film scoring, is used to synchronize the music to the movie. A video monitor is set up in front of the conductor that will play the movie, however, on this monitor visual cues will be shown on the screen that helps the conductor sync the music to the movie. The click track got it's name, if I did my research right, from a audio cues, a clicking sound, that the conductor would hear in a set of headphones that he wore while recording the music for the movie. Thus the name "click track" stuck. While I didn't get to see the one the conductor watched, I did get to see a smaller version that was set up near to where I was sitting. The assistant conductor and the tech person from Disney were watching that click track. I find the whole thing fascinating.

A click track, in film scoring, is used to synchronize the music to the movie. A video monitor is set up in front of the conductor that will play the movie, however, on this monitor visual cues will be shown on the screen that helps the conductor sync the music to the movie. The click track got it's name, if I did my research right, from a audio cues, a clicking sound, that the conductor would hear in a set of headphones that he wore while recording the music for the movie. Thus the name "click track" stuck. While I didn't get to see the one the conductor watched, I did get to see a smaller version that was set up near to where I was sitting. The assistant conductor and the tech person from Disney were watching that click track. I find the whole thing fascinating.
1690801846851.gif

Hey, Guys! Star Wars in Concert was great! It was a sold out show and I'll admit to shedding a tear when the orchestra started playing the music. They even played the 20th Century Fox theme at the beginning. I'd love to see it again.
Sounds like you had a pretty good time. :)
For most people, a weekend is two days off in a row, usually Saturday and Sunday. But with your schedule it could be any two days.
What's "Two days off in a row?"

The last time I had two days off in a row was October. I'm supposed to get not just two but three(!) days off in a couple weeks... but... 50/50 that it won't happen.
Huh! Had no idea.

On a similar note (see what I did there?), I just learned that in the movie Interstellar, there's a pronounced ticking sound during the water planet scene. Each tick is equal to one day back on Earth.

Look who I found. Good seeing you again Ron!!!!View attachment 779444
It was Great to see you again Dave, Hope you enjoy and do well in your new job👍

I also meet up with Doc in Disney Springs and it was also Great seeing him again and I Hope your future ventures are enjoyable it sounds like a good plan😎

Transportation Cards, Wild About Safety Cards and even Jr Jungle Cruise Skipper cards are very much in play.

On the way down to Fl on the Autotrain I passed some time making out a instacrt at Publix,I spent $135 in assorted items like soda, snack bags of chips etc. After doing the math I saved over $500 compared to park prices 👍😎

I will not be renewing my AP due to a major gripe I have with them.I might visit for a day or two but I will never buy a AP until I move to Fl and am able to walk again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter