DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I turn 40 in 2025. My wife and I are deciding on doing a Disney Cruise (Caribbean would include WDW or just Alaska) or a trip to Disneyland and California Adventures. I’ve been to Alaska on a non-DCL. Loved it, but I was in college and I’m not sure my elementary kids would feel the same (it was cool even in late August, early September.) I’ve been on a lot of Caribbean cruises and they are just okay (seeing the poverty gets old.) I’ve never been to Disneyland and would love to go. And by the time we get to 2025, we will have been to WDW at least three times in the last three years, but I could go to MK everyday and my kids love WDW. It’s our happy place. My wife is against selling our DVC points to offset the costs of a Disney Cruise and the 7 month window isn’t friendly to non-VGC owners. So I have to pay cash for the Disney Cruise or trip to DL. We can make any of these work with our timeframe, just wondering what all of you DisDads suggest. TIA.

I turn 40 in 2025. My wife and I are deciding on doing a Disney Cruise (Caribbean would include WDW or just Alaska) or a trip to Disneyland and California Adventures. I’ve been to Alaska on a non-DCL. Loved it, but I was in college and I’m not sure my elementary kids would feel the same (it was cool even in late August, early September.) I’ve been on a lot of Caribbean cruises and they are just okay (seeing the poverty gets old.) I’ve never been to Disneyland and would love to go. And by the time we get to 2025, we will have been to WDW at least three times in the last three years, but I could go to MK everyday and my kids love WDW. It’s our happy place. My wife is against selling our DVC points to offset the costs of a Disney Cruise and the 7 month window isn’t friendly to non-VGC owners. So I have to pay cash for the Disney Cruise or trip to DL. We can make any of these work with our timeframe, just wondering what all of you DisDads suggest. TIA.
Based on our own comments here, it sounds like y'all need to head out to Anaheim
(although I agree that any one of the options would be a good one).

and... turning 40 you say?
You just a pup.

40? In 2025? My birthday was the 23rd. I wish I just turned 40.
( geeeez, I’m getting old, I’m old enough to be your father ) lol
When you were born, I had a mortgage and two car payments already.
“ kids “ at work ask me how old am I, I just laugh and make them guess. I usually tell them before you answer, I’m old enough to be your grandfather. Lol

Sounds like your sniffing’ the weekend, but you can’t quite make it there…
Once you are retired everyday is anything you want it to be. In fact the weekends are not that great since everyone is offf it makes places crowded. I’m only 54 and had to retire 2yrs early due to heath reasons (had 35yrs vested had more the enough time in)
I do love taking advantage of early bird specials use to knock them but now realize those people that go to them are smart,you get the same amount of food for much less🍻👍

Once you are retired everyday is anything you want it to be. In fact the weekends are not that great since everyone is offf it makes places crowded. I’m only 54 and had to retire 2yrs early due to heath reasons (had 35yrs vested had more the enough time in)
I do love taking advantage of early bird specials use to knock them but now realize those people that go to them are smart,you get the same amount of food for much less🍻👍
Why I like shift work. Yes, nights suck, but being able to do errands on weekdays when everyone else is at work is nice.

Why I like shift work. Yes, nights suck, but being able to do errands on weekdays when everyone else is at work is nice.
I too did like overnights besides having the whole day to do whatever you wanted to do except sleep,plus there was a premium pay differential.
I was in charge of the night guys for about four years and my crew use to give me 110% because I did something that most don’t do , instead of dragging things out so you finish at end of shift . I made it where once everyone is done it’s break time for rest of shift, so once one guy gets done he helps the next guy and so on, sometimes it was over a 3 hr break that turned into sleep time for the guys,the big boss had no problems with this as long as everything was done👍

I too did like overnights besides having the whole day to do whatever you wanted to do except sleep,plus there was a premium pay differential.
I was in charge of the night guys for about four years and my crew use to give me 110% because I did something that most don’t do , instead of dragging things out so you finish at end of shift . I made it where once everyone is done it’s break time for rest of shift, so once one guy gets done he helps the next guy and so on, sometimes it was over a 3 hr break that turned into sleep time for the guys,the big boss had no problems with this as long as everything was done👍
Nice. That’s a good way of doing it. I bet the worker bees were happy. I don’t have that option. Traffic comes when traffic comes, usually peaking in the last couple hours of the shift.

Tough call. We did our first ever cruise on Dis this summer and it was great (the 4 day from Canaveral) But if you've never done DL I would vote to go west young man. Its a smaller park but "feels" nicer.. not sure why. We cant wait to get back.

Morning, Gents! Hope all are well. Things are going well on my end, so no complaints there. Hope everyone in Florida that's in the path of Idalia are hunkered down and staying safe. Kind of thought we'd get some rain out of it up my way, but it looks like it'll swing out to sea and miss us. Got a price quote for my trip down for the DDCC in January and it's not bad, well within my price range. Instead of trying to go with the preferred resort, I chose to get a quote for something I can afford, the value resorts, which makes it easier for me to justify going down. I'm still playing with the dates, though. The official dates are Jan. 18th - 21st, but the itinerary starts on the 16th. Yeah, I know, that's a free day, but if I'm going to head down I'm going to take advantage and use that day to head to a park. I know I'll head down on Monday the 15th, but when to come back is what I'm still trying to decide. I haven't had a chance to tell the Mrs. the price, but considering it's well within my price range I don't think it'll be a problem for her. She did tell me that this is my trip and I just need to make sure I clear it with work, which this far out shouldn't be a problem.

Well, that's it. I know I haven't been getting in a lot lately, but I'll try and change that.

Have to get ready for work. TTFN

Last edited:
I chose to get a quote for something I can afford, the value resorts, which makes it easier for me to justify going down.
I stay at values all the time. If you can do POP, even better. That Skyliner is a game changer.
I know I'll head down on Monday the 15th, but when to come back is what I'm still trying to decide.
I note you said "when" and not "if"

I stay at values all the time. If you can do POP, even better. That Skyliner is a game changer.

Stayed at POP in June and loved it, and part of that reason is because of the Skyliner. I might have my travel agent look at prices for that resort, but may stick with All -Stars because of price.

I note you said "when" and not "if"

Caught that, did you? The Mrs. did say I could go, and I’m going off that, but still feel like I have to run it by her before paying for it.

Stayed at POP in June and loved it, and part of that reason is because of the Skyliner. I might have my travel agent look at prices for that resort, but may stick with All -Stars because of price.
See below...
Caught that, did you? The Mrs. did say I could go, and I’m going off that, but still feel like I have to run it by her before paying for it.
So... you're saying you will come back?
Same. Last trip POP was less $100 more for the length of stay vs the All-Stars.
This.
For me, the slight increase in cost was more than worth it to not have to wait on busses at two parks.

Yeah, it’s a game changer alright. We got stuck on it for all of 15 minutes and, in my wife’s mind, we were abandoned by Disney for days. The boys asked her when it would start going again and she basically told them she thought we might need to be rescued. I told them to ask me next time instead.
So... you're saying you will come back?
The question should not be centered on the words if or will in regards to his return. Obviously, he will come back because he’s a good man.

The real question is who comes back with him? Because he’s still a man.

As my BIL tells me, distance will make your heart grow fonder… for someone else. I wonder if that’s how he got my sister?

The Mrs. did say I could go, and I’m going off that, but still feel like I have to run it by her before paying for it.
You are a wise man.

This.
For me, the slight increase in cost was more than worth it to not have to wait on busses at two parks.
Makes sense. The Skyliner is more fun to ride than the buses, too. Much better view. They're not air-conditioned, though. Although that can also be a plus because I feel like they have the buses set at a few degrees above freezing.

Yeah, it’s a game changer alright. We got stuck on it for all of 15 minutes and, in my wife’s mind, we were abandoned by Disney for days. The boys asked her when it would start going again and she basically told them she thought we might need to be rescued. I told them to ask me next time instead.
That's probably how my wife would react, too. She is not a fan of riding gondolas or ski lifts or anything dangling off the ground.

As my BIL tells me, distance will make your heart grow fonder… for someone else. I wonder if that’s how he got my sister?
:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter