• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Yeah, it’s a game changer alright. We got stuck on it for all of 15 minutes and, in my wife’s mind, we were abandoned by Disney for days. The boys asked her when it would start going again and she basically told them she thought we might need to be rescued. I told them to ask me next time instead.
And yet... I've also been on a bus that was in a traffic accident and we had to wait for another bus to transfer to. I don't remember off the top of my head how long it took, but 15-30 minutes feels about right.
So... you could be on a gondola and delayed or you can be on a bus and delayed. I'll take my chances on the Skyliner.
The question should not be centered on the words if or will in regards to his return. Obviously, he will come back because he’s a good man.

The real question is who comes back with him? Because he’s still a man.
:laughing:

I don't know why this comment brings this photo to mind...

1693500844628.png

Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well today. Talked to the Mrs. again last night about the trip and got no negative response for her. I told her the price quote for staying at the All-Stars, which was a package, and thought it was a good deal. I asked my travel agent to price out a package for staying at the POP and it was about $289 more than the All-Stars. Not a significant amount, but enough to make me wonder if I should pay the extra and stay there. I'm already going to give up extras around here to help pay for the trip, not buying my ice tea in the morning from Dunkin Donuts on the to work as well as other small spending habits that are easy enough to do. So I need to decide soon if I'm going to put down a deposit. Well, that's it, guys. Have a good day.

TTFN

Same. Last trip POP was less $100 more for the length of stay vs the All-Stars.

I had my travel agent take a look and price out staying at POP. The difference was $289, not bad, but a bit more than I was expecting. I'm considering it, though. I guess I need to do a Pros and Cons list to help me make the decision.

So... you're saying you will come back?

Yep. Ran it by the Mrs. yet again, and she thought the price I was quoted for a stay at the All-Stars was a good price for the package. When I asked about it, she said, "Well, it's a good price but it's your money." I'm going, fellas!

This.
For me, the slight increase in cost was more than worth it to not have to wait on busses at two parks.

This is why I'm considering paying the $289 increase and staying at the POP. The only problem is that is right after Christmas, and we all know about credit card bills right after Christmas. Well, I guess that's why I instantly started thinking of starting my Christmas shopping now instead of waiting. I've shopped early before for Christmas loved it when I was done early.

Yeah, it’s a game changer alright. We got stuck on it for all of 15 minutes and, in my wife’s mind, we were abandoned by Disney for days. The boys asked her when it would start going again and she basically told them she thought we might need to be rescued. I told them to ask me next time instead.

Sorry you got stuck on it, but it really is a game changer. I wasn't sure about staying at the POP when I booked for my June trip this year, but it did make for a difference. Loved hopping in the Skyliner for the trip to and from EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Made for such a nice trip to and from those parks.

The question should not be centered on the words if or will in regards to his return. Obviously, he will come back because he’s a good man.

The real question is who comes back with him? Because he’s still a man.

:laughing: Well, for this trip it'll be just me.

As my BIL tells me, distance will make your heart grow fonder… for someone else. I wonder if that’s how he got my sister

:rotfl2:

Unless she changes her mind and bans him from going. 😉

She could, but I don't see that happening. I've done too much planning already, and besides, she knows how much I'm looking forward to this.

Last edited:
Sorry you got stuck on it, but it really is a game changer.
I tried to calm them down, but it got tiring.

Long story short: I would get on it again. But I would be alone while my family waits for a bus. So I’ll be using it as my primary means of transportation next year. Even when I’m at the Poly and heading to MK.

Attachments

• IMG_1985.jpeg
    IMG_1985.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 4

Long story short: I would get on it again. But I would be alone while my family waits for a bus. So I’ll be using it as my primary means of transportation next year. Even when I’m at the Poly and heading to MK.
Just a heads up, if you’re staying at a skyliner resort, the only time they will run buses to a Skyliner destination is when the skyliner is not running.

We made it through the hurricane. It past about 150 miles to our west over the open gulf. About 25 mph winds and two inches of rain here. Most of that came after it was past us.
Work didn’t skip a beat.
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. I’m on my second Friday. Before you start thinking I have the life, I do work Labor Day evening. Holiday Pay!!! Lol

Just a heads up, if you’re staying at a skyliner resort, the only time they will run buses to a Skyliner destination is when the skyliner is not running.
So you're saying this is an excellent strategy for having some alone time at the parks?
"I'll take the Skyliner to DHS, you take the bus. Bye!"
We made it through the hurricane. It past about 150 miles to our west over the open gulf. About 25 mph winds and two inches of rain here. Most of that came after it was past us.
Glad to hear
Before you start thinking I have the life, I do work Labor Day evening. Holiday Pay!!! Lol
Ditto! Except I start at Midnight and off at 8:30am that day.

Afternoon, Fellas! Hope all are well on this, for America at least, a long weekend. Still chatting with the Mrs. about the solo trip in January, and still all's good. I'm still not sure where I want to stay, but I'm really considering staying at the POP again. It was only $289 difference....something I'm sure I swing.

Well, gotta run.

TTFN

R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett

My family had a great time riding the Skyliner. It was a smooth and quiet ride and easy to get on and off. So, like you, I'd ride it again. However, as for your family riding the busses? Well, depending on the park they'll be waiting a while.

Work didn’t skip a beat.

Glad to hear you made it through ok.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. I’m on my second Friday. Before you start thinking I have the life, I do work Labor Day evening. Holiday Pay!!! Lol

Hope you get to enjoy some of the weekend.

So you're saying this is an excellent strategy for having some alone time at the parks?
"I'll take the Skyliner to DHS, you take the bus. Bye!"

:laughing:

I have had people tell me I was wrong, so they went to the bus stop and waited.
I always wonder, what happened to those nice, cheery people?

Probably didn't want to admit they were wrong and are still waiting for that bus.

Hey, guys! I did it! I pulled the trigger and emailed my travel agent to put a deposit down on the trip. Even though it was a bit more, I decided to stay at the POP Century. It's a bit more expensive, at least when I was quoted, but the Skyliner was very convenient, and will come in handy after drinking around the world.

Last edited:
I hope all you guys have a great Holiday weekend, and hope you’re not laboring on Labor Day. This is my 2nd Labor Day off in 35yrs. I use to volunteer to work that day,besides the double time and half pay, I live about 2 miles from the ocean along the Jersey shore and thats where NJ, NY and Pa out of Towners all are. I”m just hanging in the backyard drinking iced tea spiked with black berry brandy. I know it seems crazy to be drinking that in the summer but I can hold it well🥃👍

Hey, guys! I did it! I pulled the trigger and emailed my travel agent to put a deposit down on the trip. Even though it was a bit more, I decided to stay at the POP Century. It's a bit more expensive, at least when I was quoted, but the Skyliner was very convenient, and will come in handy after drinking around the world.
Awesome! A little drunker means you explored even further around the world and the Skyliner is worth that. It’s an investment. Can’t put a price tag on that. Enjoy the trip!

My Maxwell turns six tomorrow (09/04). Huge Star Wars fan, a cool and kind kid, and definitely an old soul. This weekend we have been at a family camp in WI. Maxwell and I got to do a twenty minute canoe ride on the lake at sunset by ourselves tonight. Immediately missed having my camera. He had so many questions and wanted to go everywhere. I loved every moment with him. He’s curious, intelligent, whimsical, and really exudes the heart of the real Jack Kerouac: a kind heart that never thinks ill of his fellow man, is always up for fun, and wants to travel and experience life to its fullest. He’s the closest (and most definitely cleanest) thing I have to the real Jack. Maxwell’s heart is clean and his head is clear. You just gotta meet him. He’ll make it worth your while. Here are some photos of him from our WDW trip last month. I love this boy so much!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0326.jpeg
    IMG_0326.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0297.jpeg
    IMG_0297.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0211.jpeg
    IMG_0211.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0208.jpeg
    IMG_0208.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0180.jpeg
    IMG_0180.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0171.jpeg
    IMG_0171.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0089.jpeg
    IMG_0089.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0384.jpeg
    IMG_0384.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter