• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I paid $300 for my first car.
Well, ridiculous and entitlement don’t really come into play, for what you pay for admission, we still try our best.
I miss those days of buying a used car for less then $1000,I got my first car for $500 back in Oct 1984 when I was 15, now I’m 54 and I still have that car.

I miss those days of buying a used car for less then $1000,I got my first car for $500 back in Oct 1984 when I was 15, now I’m 54 and I still have that car.
I may just be a pup, but my Subaru is actually my oldest son’s. Bought it new in November 2014, three months before he was born. When he gets it in eight years, it will have less miles on it than originally estimated.

My perspective is probably the mainstream view. And based on interviews with Iger, I imagine he is thinking the same thing.
The actual numbers are unfathomable there are over 1.8B shares now times that by $107 and that’s how much of a lose in 18m. I do not think Apple is a player to buy even though they have enough money, there is 2 major contenders
At this time I still think it will will drop more,but on the brute side it went up about a buck today.

The actual numbers are fathomable there are over 1.8B shares now times that by $107 and that’s how much of a lose in 18m. I do not think Apple is a player to buy even though they have enough money, there is 2 major contenders
At this time I still think it will will drop more,but on the brute side it went up about a buck today.
If Apple’s not a buyer, who is? DIS has a market cap around $149b. Just not sure who else can easily absorb that cost and have it make sense. Plus Iger and Cook appeared quite cordial at their last meet and greet.

I do agree there’s greater likelihood it falls to new lows than it rises.

Hope it works out for you.

My wife has some shares in her Roth and our boys have a few shares each. The reasons I don’t buy more are I’m generally a value investor and specifically a dividend growth investor.
I am too, (dividend growth) but I thought I'd throw a bit this way and see what happens. Most likely in 5-10 years I'll sell it (hopefully for profit) and reinvest in a dividend stock.
You can still get a nice set of wheels for under $1,000.

Just the wheels. The rest of the car is extra.

I am too, (dividend growth) but I thought I'd throw a bit this way and see what happens. Most likely in 5-10 years I'll sell it (hopefully for profit) and reinvest in a dividend stock.

You can still get a nice set of wheels for under $1,000.

Just the wheels. The rest of the car is extra.
Hope it rebounds for us and DIS in general. You have a good timeframe, so hopefully it works out.

My wife needs new tires on her car. Maybe I’ll sell it for a new one. Save some money on the tires…

If Apple’s not a buyer, who is? DIS has a market cap around $149b. Just not sure who else can easily absorb that cost and have it make sense. Plus Iger and Cook appeared quite cordial at their last meet and greet.

I do agree there’s greater likelihood it falls to new lows than it rises.
Look up the top shareholders I know you herd of them the top 2 are both investment groups that could buy apple at least twice and still have money

Morning, boys. Happy Thursday. And I'll actually get a "weekend" off for the first time since October. Not sure I'll know how not to come to work.
Hope it rebounds for us and DIS in general. You have a good timeframe, so hopefully it works out.
We'll see. Not too concerned either way.
My wife needs new tires on her car. Maybe I’ll sell it for a new one. Save some money on the tires…
Look at us. Saving money left right and center with foolish expenditures.

One of my favorites involved a public workshop down at our beach resort area. The major highway there is Route 1, but the county let land use run amok so there is a lot of development on either side of highway and all of the entrances to side streets, restaurants, shopping center, etc. causes traffic to jam up in the summer.

At one workshop, a concerned citizen suggested we re-build the highway and make it a depressed freeway. Just dig down, make Route 1 a freeway below ground level, and then we could build a nice "town square" above with a series of bridges connecting all of the shops, restaurants, etc. Sounds lovely!

You are in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. Elevation: 1.

Ever been to Venice?
LOL

$50 a week??? WOW! I haven’t been in school for over 40 years but I remember we use to buy a weekly lunch ticket, it was $2.50 a week. Lol.

Crap, how old are you? Did you use chalk and slate tablets for notebooks as well? ;)

Close. We use to sniff the ink from the mimeograph machine. Lol
That should explain a lot. Lol
smell paper.gif
And if you scored a spot as one of the teacher's aids, then you were the one running the mimeograph machine.

YES!! I had the pleasure of cranking one of those great machines only one time.
Just once, for the reason listed above. Lol.
Never had the privilege. Actually... not sure I remember even seeing the machine, but know it was there.

YES!! I had the pleasure of cranking one of those great machines only one time.
Just once, for the reason listed above. Lol.
Was the aid for one of the math teachers back in "middle" school.
the copy/supply room shared by all the staff on that wing was tiny.
The daydreaming while running off a weeks worth of quizzes and tests was - shall we say - magical...

And... that's exactly what it looked like (especially if papers were still "fresh")

Interestingly, by the time that particular little movie hit the theaters, mimeos had basically gone by the wayside (Xeroxs being more available by then). Great little scene, but I suspect it spoke to the memories of the writers and directors a bit more so then the even younger folks doing the acting (Walston, though, I'm sure got the joke perfectly).

Morning, Fellas!

I realized it's been 4 pages since I've been in here. Man, I need get in here more often. Work and life's been pretty good. Rehearsals for Matilda are starting to ramp up. I've had a couple of music rehearsals, one with just adults and a combined rehearsal with the kids.

Well, got nothing else. Have a good day, everyone.

TTFN

Was the aid for one of the math teachers back in "middle" school.
the copy/supply room shared by all the staff on that wing was tiny.
The daydreaming while running off a weeks worth of quizzes and tests was - shall we say - magical...

And... that's exactly what it looked like (especially if papers were still "fresh")

Interestingly, by the time that particular little movie hit the theaters, mimeos had basically gone by the wayside (Xeroxs being more available by then). Great little scene, but I suspect it spoke to the memories of the writers and directors a bit more so then the even younger folks doing the acting (Walston, though, I'm sure got the joke perfectly).
We also had a machine, looked like a wood jointer, that you use slide the erasers over and it would get the chalk dust out of them. They had it pointed towards the door. We would leave the door open, wait for someone to come down the hall and shot the eraser at them. Lol Not a real good idea but when you’re 10, most ideas weren’t good ideas. Lol.
For the youngins on here, we grew up with 10 tv channels and no computers or internet. You had to entertain yourself.

Close. We use to sniff the ink from the mimeograph machine. Lol
That should explain a lot. Lol

Jimjeran Book 1: Island Fever - Chapter 37 - BetweenScenes - Outlander  Series - Diana Gabaldon [Archive of Our Own]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter