• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Saturday ( first of three). I’ve been awake for about two hours and the weather keeps going from sunny to rainy every 30-45 minutes. Been a bit windy. Some parts of Florida, mostly to the west of me have been under tornado warnings. There has been some damage. So we are just staying in today and keeping our eyes open for some new pool furniture, toys and Halloween decorations that may come by. Lol

Happy Saturday ( first of three). I’ve been awake for about two hours and the weather keeps going from sunny to rainy every 30-45 minutes. Been a bit windy. Some parts of Florida, mostly to the west of me have been under tornado warnings. There has been some damage. So we are just staying in today and keeping our eyes open for some new pool furniture, toys and Halloween decorations that may come by. Lol
New Halloween decorations are the best

Did you get out a big butterfly net to catch the stuff flying by?

We’ll back to the grind tomorrow. I don’t start till 4pm, my usual Monday so it’s like having most of the day off.
Saturday we went out to breakfast, the kids boyfriend came along, nice guy, big hockey fan. No kids, never been married, no baggage, owns his own home.
We came back to the house, went swimming then the kid checked in to her resort on property for the week. Her college program friend comes in from Oregon a few times a year and they hang out in the parks for a week. We went over to studios and had dinner at Brown Durby, just the two of us. For a change. Lol
My wife’s best friend from home flies in Wednesday, they stay at a resort a few nights and do food and wine. More like food and beer but whatever floats their boat. Some people have to work. Lol
They end up here on Saturday and Sunday, all three of them fly back to Pennsylvania for a week!! Can I get a yip, yip, yipppeeeeeee! Lol
I already made my Sunday and Friday reservations at Teppen Edo for those days. Lol.
Anyway, I have to go find my underarmour, it’s going to get cold the beginning of the week and it’s a long walk from the car to work.

Morning, Fellas!

I thought I had responded to some of these last week, but for someone reason the post got deleted...which mean I must have done it. Sorry, guys.

Well, had a good week last week, busy, but a good week. Had a doctor come up to me randomly on Friday and tell me that every patient that she saw that day told her that they enjoyed interacting with me at the front desk. That I was friendly and inviting. It's things like that I love hearing. I don't have a home office, so I almost never see my supervisor or manager, so hearing things like that from doctors makes me feel good.

Rehearsals for Matilda are ramping up to every night now. We have something like 38, maybe 37, days until we open and we still have a long way to go. I'm getting nervous. I know my stuff, but there's a lot of people who don't....and that's what's making me nervous.

Well, gotta run. Have a good day, guys.

Lol, I love the nose ring hiders! I always look at them while brushing the back of my finger on the bottom of my nose and telling them they got something hanging. After their face has done turning a deeper shade of red, I tell them that has to come out.

:rotfl2:

I had one who has a tattoo on her forearm that is, well to say the least not rated G, or even R for that matter. She either wears long sleeves or has to wear a sleeve. She came in one day with a sleeve that was transparent. Lol. The idea of the sleeve is to cover the tattoo not keep you right arm warm. Lol
She can’t figure out why she has to cover it up, other people have tattoos. Yes, but other people don’t have a males body part, with its two friends tattooed on their forearm. She made it two weeks. Im telling ya, you just can’t make this crap up. Lol

This is funny. This person's completely clueless.

We just got back from a week stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Sept 30-0ct 5 and thought the buses were great!! Took them to Animal Kingdom Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. Only long wait was after Halloween Party about 20 minutes as we had just missed it.

I've never stayed until the very end of the night and wondered how long it took to get on a bus. We, we being me and my family, went in June and left the Magic Kingdom during the fireworks. Once we got to the bus stop for POP there was a line, but it wasn't too long because the fireworks hadn't gotten out yet. I did, however, notice that there were extra busses waiting in a staging area for when they were needed. Thanks for this info. I might stay until after the fireworks in January. Thanks

:laughing:

Double digits!

Yes! Doing the happy dance. :dancer:

:laughing:
I wonder how much fun it is to take those things out... or put them back in?
That's not a trend that I find particularly attractive. But who cares what an old dude thinks?

I would think it would take time to get those in and out. Like you, I'm not into that as well.

An update on A, from Davy’s soccer team. Last we heard, she’s had another stroke while at Lurie, and subsequently, she had brain surgery to relieve pressure. Prayers and positive thoughts are always appreciated. No word on her prognosis, so hopefully it’s still very positive. The community is definitely spreading from soccer to school and beyond. Always neat to see that, but wish it was for a better reason. Hope you are all well, grateful for you, and hope your families are well and healthy.

Praying.

We’ll back to the grind tomorrow. I don’t start till 4pm, my usual Monday so it’s like having most of the day off.
Saturday we went out to breakfast, the kids boyfriend came along, nice guy, big hockey fan. No kids, never been married, no baggage, owns his own home.
We came back to the house, went swimming then the kid checked in to her resort on property for the week. Her college program friend comes in from Oregon a few times a year and they hang out in the parks for a week. We went over to studios and had dinner at Brown Durby, just the two of us. For a change. Lol
My wife’s best friend from home flies in Wednesday, they stay at a resort a few nights and do food and wine. More like food and beer but whatever floats their boat. Some people have to work. Lol
They end up here on Saturday and Sunday, all three of them fly back to Pennsylvania for a week!! Can I get a yip, yip, yipppeeeeeee! Lol
I already made my Sunday and Friday reservations at Teppen Edo for those days. Lol.
Anyway, I have to go find my underarmour, it’s going to get cold the beginning of the week and it’s a long walk from the car to work.

I just work, pretty normal week. ;)

Hi fellas,

I hope all is well!!!

My wife and I have booked a long weekend WDW stay with the boys in early February without our boys’ knowledge. We will be at Old Key West. It shaved off one day of our May/June trip, but we are excited to escape the Chicago cold. Florida in February is actually Illinois in May, so we’ll take it. Plus, Southwest had airfare on sale. Kind of a win, plus we will do less TS on both trips. We’ll be meeting up with family and friends during our latter trip in 2024.

Additionally, our APs make our park days “free.” Probably the only time we will have APs.

Hope you all are well!!

Happy Hump Day !!! whoooot whoooot !!
Back to the fun today. Didnt get home till almost two this morning. OT baby!!
And to think I use to work like this five and a half days a week.lol
All last night I kept mumbling, I’m getting too old for this crap !! Lol
I got “ keep going man, it will keep you young!! Lol. (Says the 20 year old)

I got enough material to complete another chapter in my book last night. Lol
Well, off to take a shower and get ready for another day/night.

Last edited:
My wife and I have booked a long weekend WDW stay with the boys in early February without our boys’ knowledge. We will be at Old Key West. It shaved off one day of our May/June trip, but we are excited to escape the Chicago cold. Florida in February is actually Illinois in May, so we’ll take it. Plus, Southwest had airfare on sale. Kind of a win, plus we will do less TS on both trips. We’ll be meeting up with family and friends during our latter trip in 2024.
Sounds awesome! Is this going to be a complete surprise for the kids, or will you tell them ahead of it?

I got enough material to complete another chapter in my book last night. Lol
I think the response is, "It's the crap like this that makes me feel old!"

Sounds awesome! Is this going to be a complete surprise for the kids, or will you tell them ahead of it?
They boys know about the trip in May, so our hope is to keep February a complete surprise and have them find out when we get to the airport. The plan is to do Magic Kingdom the day we arrive, Hollywood Studios on our first full day, and then Magic Kingdom on our last full day. We'll make it to the other parks during the May trip.

The one surprise for the May trip is the boys know their friend will be in Florida when they are there, but they don't know they will be at the Poly at the same time. They are a party of ten, so there's going to be five of them in each studio. That's going to be tight.

My wife and I have booked a long weekend WDW stay with the boys in early February without our boys’ knowledge.
Nice one. :thumbsup2
Yeah....

I remember when I first started working shift work (over 30 years ago.) I thought the night shift was great. There was this really, really old guy there, and he said "Just wait. It gets harder when you get older."
I thought he was this old fart who didn't know me or what he was talking about.

Well, I am that old man now. I'm actually older now than that guy was then. Turns out he was right.
Man, it aint the years its the miles. Running like that is what made me old before the years started to creep in.
::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter