• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I had the regular seven mile hump all the way to work and the reverse seven mile hump on the way home today. That’s fourteen miles of humping for me today. Unless the forward humping and reverse humping cancel each other out…

Is hump the right word?!

A quick check…

According to Webster’s, yes, the 12th definition of hump, albeit in the informal, means to hustle or hurry.

Don’t check number 13. It’s vulgar and is actually number one for men.

Last edited:

Morning, Gents! The end of another busy week. Matilda rehearsals are ratcheting up as we open on the 21st. Had rehearsal yesterday afternoon and for about 6 hours today. The one thing I like about this director is that she doesn't like people sitting around. If you're not needed, then you can go, or not be at rehearsal. That said, we have now reached the time in the show where we'll be rehearsing every day after work/school until the show opens. This is when I start becoming a cranky pants.

I'm now down to 71 days to my trip and getting excited. Still bummed that the the Skyliner will be down for annual maintenance the week I'm there. Oh well. Hoping the parks won't be too crowded during the week.

Off to get ready for rehearsal.

Matilda rehearsals are ratcheting up as we open on the 21st.
Getting closer...
This is when I start becoming a cranky pants.
And this is different from your normal demeanour how?

:lmao:
Still bummed that the the Skyliner will be down for annual maintenance the week I'm there
Yeah, that's a real shame. I really think there should be a big discount if you're staying at Pop or AoA when that happens.
Seems like it was just Halloween in there.
That was probably just a repeat/replay.

Where are all the people?? We’re you like the 1st one in?
Look closer, it was packed. Good ole marathon weekend. Most stuff was at 80 minutes. This was about 10:30 in the morning. We came over on the boat and both decks were full.
Around 2 the crowds started letting up, they were all off to Epcot. ( so I hear from coworkers)
We went into the Emporium after I took this picture, it was like after fireworks. We had lunch at Columbia Harbor House around one, it was hard to get a table.
Don’t worry my friend, prices arent dropping anytime soon. Lol

Morning, Gents! The end of another busy week. Matilda rehearsals are ratcheting up as we open on the 21st. Had rehearsal yesterday afternoon and for about 6 hours today. The one thing I like about this director is that she doesn't like people sitting around. If you're not needed, then you can go, or not be at rehearsal. That said, we have now reached the time in the show where we'll be rehearsing every day after work/school until the show opens. This is when I start becoming a cranky pants.

I'm now down to 71 days to my trip and getting excited. Still bummed that the the Skyliner will be down for annual maintenance the week I'm there. Oh well. Hoping the parks won't be too crowded during the week.

Off to get ready for rehearsal.
January 3rd through the 7th is marathon weekend at the world. Tends to be on the heavier side for a few days and alot louder. All the metal’s clanging together when the walk. Lol.

We got our reservation for The Candlelight Processional in Epcot. We are eating in Germany, (umm papa ) then over to the show. We are going December 23rd. When we were tourist, we would go Christmas Eve but I work Christmas night so we tend to stay home Christmas Eve and Christmas morning.
This will be the first time back to Germany, ( umm papa ) since the sauerkraut incident in March 2020. Yes, I was near death.

If we can have Halloween in August, we can have Christmas in November. Lol
Fourth of July is right around the corner. Lol
Yes I believe that starts next weekend.
We came over on the boat
Welcome to North America!
We got our reservation for The Candlelight Processional in Epcot.
Nice.
This will be the first time back to Germany, ( umm papa ) since the sauerkraut incident in March 2020. Yes, I was near death.
This requires explanation.

Yes I believe that starts next weekend.

Welcome to North America!

Nice.

This requires explanation.
I’m not a doctor nor a scientist but, I like to think it was a stomach virus, we had lunch in Germany, I was the only one who had that devils cabbage and I was the only one who spent the next 48 hours in the bathroom watching every strand of said cabbage come out of every port connected to my stomach. The only time it wasn’t said cabbage is when the sip of ginger ale I had for 48 hours came back out.
In my 58 years I have been sick a number of times, sometimes even self inflicted the night before but, if I had the strength to open the sliding door to the hotel room, I would have jumped. Wouldn’t have done much we were at the Poly. on the second floor. lol. But, I thought that was it.

Sitting in the parking lot getting ready to take that mile and a half walk into work.
Just enjoying the sunshine.
Oh this is going to draaaaaaaaaggggg tonight. I start at 4 and get out at 12:30. It gets dark at 6 around here.
We have a friend from home visiting this week. Picking her up at the airport on Thursday around noon. I like the drive out to Sanford. I would pick up and drop off at Sanford a million times before Orlando airport. That place is a zoo.

Sitting in the parking lot getting ready to take that mile and a half walk into work.
Just enjoying the sunshine.
Oh this is going to draaaaaaaaaggggg tonight. I start at 4 and get out at 12:30. It gets dark at 6 around here.
We have a friend from home visiting this week. Picking her up at the airport on Thursday around noon. I like the drive out to Sanford. I would pick up and drop off at Sanford a million times before Orlando airport. That place is a zoo.
I would like to feel sorry for you for having the drag shift late at night. But every time I try I'm reminded of where you work and the sympathy goes away. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter