• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Thanks for the info. I guess we have similar up here but I’ve never heard the term before. Glad he’s getting the help he needs and is doing well. :)

And Robin sounds like a great kid too. :)
We are currently at the hospital and Robin is in the OR. He had to take some medicine that helps sedate him, but it also made him a bit silly. After a nurse raised the rails of his bed and put padding on the rails, she told him it was now a boat. As we waited for a different nurse, he stood up in his boat. I told him he needed to sit. He told me pirates don’t sit. 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_2186.jpeg
    IMG_2186.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 0
We are currently at the hospital and Robin is in the OR. He had to take some medicine that helps sedate him, but it also made him a bit silly. After a nurse raised the rails of his bed and put padding on the rails, she told him it was now a boat. As we waited for a different nurse, he stood up in his boat. I told him he needed to sit. He told me pirates don’t sit. 🤣
pirate: Future DisDad there 🏴‍☠️

:lmao:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:Hilarious. Hope everything went well.

Thank you so much for your generous gift card offer. We are good right now. Our church has really come around us and formed a whole meal train for most of the month. We barely have enough room in the fridge for all the food people have given us!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:Hilarious. Hope everything went well.

Thank you so much for your generous gift card offer. We are good right now. Our church has really come around us and formed a whole meal train for most of the month. We barely have enough room in the fridge for all the food people have given us!
Well geez. Start inviting disdads over and we’ll take care of that in no time.

Morning, Fellas!

Hope this finds everyone well. Again, life's been pretty busy, so I apologize for not stopping by as often. I know I have a lot to read and catch up on, but again, life's been busy. Been spending most nights, and weekends in rehearsal for Matilda the Musical. We had our final dress rehearsal on Sunday, and had an invited audience. Invited audiences would usually involve big donors and all, but not at this theater company. This company invites a group called Cape Cod Can, a group that works with people who have intellectual disabilities. They were a wonderful audience, a lot of talking, with one person giving a running commentary throughout the show, but they were a wonderful audience. I'm really happy they got to see the show in a warm and inviting theater company such as this. This now brings me to tonight, which is opening night!!! So happy, and excited, that this show is finally going to be up and running. Everyone has done an amazing job with this show and people will finally get to see it.

Trip update:

Nothing's changed, I'm still going. However, Jet Blue emailed me saying that they had cancelled my flight early morning on Monday, Jan. 15th and rebooked me to Sunday, Jan. 14th at 8:30 pm. This means I'll get in around 11:40 pm, but I'll have a whole other day there. I'm not getting a park ticket, just a hotel room. Unfortunately POP has no availability for that one night (Wow! Does that mean they're sold out?), so I'll grab a room at a Comfort/Quality Inn near the airport. I'm only going to be there for less than 10 hours. Just long enough to get some sleep.

Well, guys? Gotta run. Gotta load up the car with my things for tonight's opening performance. Have a great day and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Excitement mounting, I'm betting. :)

The excitement is mounting and it all comes down to tonight.

Have you tried calling Disney? Something like "I booked Pop with the understanding that the Skyliner would be operating. I've learned that it now isn't. Can you do anything for us?"
You never know, you might get upgraded to a nice mod or better at a reasonable price. Doesn't hurt to ask. If they say no, or offer you something that isn't to your liking, you've not lost anything.

Had my TA do that and she said they weren't offering any discounts for that. Kind of a bummer, but what are you going to do.

Getting closer. I wish I lived a little closer, we would go see it. We have a local theater in our town but just haven’t had the chance to go yet.

I wished you and some other dads lived close enough to come and see it. It's going to be a great show. I'll post some pictures on my FB page at some point.

Exactly, I tell people that all the time. Always ask, you never know.
The only part I’m not familiar with anymore is the use of a travel agent. I used one one time, he was a fellow dad and was just starting out, so I figured I’d help him out. I didn’t want to bother him and wanted to change something on my reservation so I called directly. They wouldn’t talk to me, they told me I had to talk to my TA. I’m not sure if it’s still the same way, but, never hurts to try. A TA is good to use, they do all the work, keeps you from doing all the leg work and making reservations etc. I just always did it myself, I always enjoyed doing it. We have been DVC members for almost 25 years and AP holders longer than that so I really only had to make dining reservations. I think it was just a few day trip because we came down to Florida to visit my in-laws. Can’t drive by the mouse and not stop. ( now I do it all the time. Lol)
The Skyliner goes down every January for maintenance. This year they are taking the lines down one at a time instead of all of them at the same time.
They change tires, belts, motors, switches etc. in the stations. They actually will take all the cabins off the lines, drop the line on the ground and cut a section out of the cable. The cable stretches with use. They come in and reconnect the cut ends. There is only two people in the world that make that connection and they are related to each other. If you ever notice, there is no ”coupling” or mechanical connection on the cable. They don’t tell you exactly how they do it but the way it was explained to me was it reminds you of those Chinese finger cuff things, put your fingers in either end the the harder you pull, the tighter it gets.
They work on things they can’t do overnight through the year.
I always have to smile, someone on here was saying they should add more lines to other resorts and the cost to build it is an unbelievable one million a mile, they just couldn’t figure how it could cost that much. The Skyliner covers approximately three miles of distance, the back up generators cost more than three million. Lol. The one is the size of a small ranch house.
I always tell people when they get to the Caribean Beach station, look up, a lot of what makes it work is not covered up. What you never see is all the infrastructure that goes into it.
That’s the way attractions, everything, the infrastructure is incredible. You only see a fraction of what it takes. The part you see only takes up a small fraction of the building. I’ve seen alot of Test Track, Im in awe every time I get a chance to be able to see behind the curtain in the buildings.

Exactly! The answer is always "No!" unless you ask.

Hey guys,

Been out of commission for a bit. My wife is finally talking about it publicly, so I can share that she was battling breast cancer. She had surgery to remove it last week and is now recovering for the next 4-6 weeks. It looks like it's going to be a happy ending, as it was a slow-growing tumor and was caught early on. Pathology came back clear this week and there was nothing in her lymph nodes so at this moment we believe she is now completely cancer free! They are still doing some tests to make sure there is nothing further they need to do so we're not quite out of the woods. But so far it's been good news. Sorry I had to be vague earlier on but I was respecting her wishes. Hopefully we're now out of this and on the other side and I can go back to fart jokes.

Sorry to hear, but happy to hear things are going well.

Invited audiences would usually involve big donors and all, but not at this theater company. This company invites a group called Cape Cod Can, a group that works with people who have intellectual disabilities. They were a wonderful audience, a lot of talking, with one person giving a running commentary throughout the show, but they were a wonderful audience.
What a great idea! Glad it worked out for everyone involved. :)
This now brings me to tonight, which is opening night!!!
Break a leg!
Trip update:

Nothing's changed, I'm still going.
Well, that's not so bad.

For those here in America, Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.

What a great idea! Glad it worked out for everyone involved. :)

It really is a great idea, and they were a great audience.

Break a leg!

Thanks.

Well, that's not so bad.

Nope, not bad at all except for the added cost of a hotel for one night. I'll grab a night at a Comfort/Quality Inn near the airport, or other such hotel, and save on what it'll cost me to stay an extra night at a Disney hotel. I'll be there just long enough to sleep, so I'll be leaving around 8am, and it'll give me a whole extra day there. Not bad at all.

Apparently you guys still haven't celebrated Thanksgiving. That's so last month but you guys have a great turkey day!!

Day late and a dollar short, but the turkey will still taste good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter