• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy birthday, Mark! :cake:
Thank you @pkondz !

If I'm reading my road signs correctly...
I believe this would be some of Mark's handy work.
402655450_667628045353877_3379834364382262476_n.jpg
:rotfl2:Impressive, you found one from Delaware!

Oddly... that one found me.
I just happened to notice the location.

And if you're tellin' us you had nothing to do with that one...
I ain't buying it. ;)
Actually...no.

I know the group that puts up the messages on the boards, but I don't have anything to do with it. They started doing the funny/jokey safety messages a couple of years ago, and they got a lot of positive feedback, so they've kept it up.

A lot of people ask me if I'm the one putting those messages up because they see stupid jokes and assume I'm involved. But I've never contributed anything. Actually, I occasionally get annoyed with the messages. The reason is that we spent millions of dollars on these message boards in order to have a robust information system for drivers. Now you get stuck in a huge jam on I-95, wonder how long the delay will be or if you should get off the highway, look up to find the message board, and find some stupid joke about Baby Yoda or something.

Actually...no.

I know the group that puts up the messages on the boards, but I don't have anything to do with it. They started doing the funny/jokey safety messages a couple of years ago, and they got a lot of positive feedback, so they've kept it up.

A lot of people ask me if I'm the one putting those messages up because they see stupid jokes and assume I'm involved. But I've never contributed anything. Actually, I occasionally get annoyed with the messages. The reason is that we spent millions of dollars on these message boards in order to have a robust information system for drivers. Now you get stuck in a huge jam on I-95, wonder how long the delay will be or if you should get off the highway, look up to find the message board, and find some stupid joke about Baby Yoda or something.
I get the feeling that I should owe you a bit of an apology here.

Well boys, off for a long weekend and cooking second Thanksgiving.
Got 2 more turkeys going into brine tonight, one gonna go in the pit to be smoked and the other is getting bacon wrapped and fried.
Whoa!

Won't hesitate to say that sounds amazing. I've done bacon wrapped, but cooked in an oven, not fried. And... "pit"... what do you mean by that? An actual dug pit?? Like a Hawaiian luau?

Whoa!

Won't hesitate to say that sounds amazing. I've done bacon wrapped, but cooked in an oven, not fried. And... "pit"... what do you mean by that? An actual dug pit?? Like a Hawaiian luau?
No quite. Its my BBQ pit. Ive got an offset burner pit installed in my back yard.
And I ended up smoking the bacon wrapped one, and making a Cajun Fried on out of the other one. I got one of those oiless fryers and love it. 1/2 the time and no mess from deep frying.

1701706749433.png

1701706765800.png

No quite. Its my BBQ pit. Ive got an offset burner pit installed in my back yard.
And I ended up smoking the bacon wrapped one, and making a Cajun Fried on out of the other one. I got one of those oiless fryers and love it. 1/2 the time and no mess from deep frying.

View attachment 815511

View attachment 815512
1. Those look amazing.
2. The oil-less fryer is like a giant air fryer I take it?
3. Can you post a photo of your pit? Still confused about that.

Here is the pit I used. I didn't have a good picture of it after DD and I finished welding it up and got it painted. but will give you an idea. Its about 1200lbs, made from gas line pipe. And I can fit 3 full briskets on the grate.

1701707702613.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter