• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

View attachment 815753
I can confirm, as of midnight last night, the walls in Epcot after almost four years are down!!
I was lucky enough to be able to attend a cast preview of the new area yesterday afternoon and wow!! Pictures don’t do it any justice. A lot of shaded seating areas.
I’m not one for change but what an improvement!!
View attachment 815754
Most excellent...
I should be able to see it for myself (for a day at least) this spring.

View attachment 815753
I can confirm, as of midnight last night, the walls in Epcot after almost four years are down!!
I was lucky enough to be able to attend a cast preview of the new area yesterday afternoon and wow!! Pictures don’t do it any justice. A lot of shaded seating areas.
View attachment 815754
Finally! Thanks for the pics.

Nice to see things finally opening back up!

Hey, Fellas!

Long time no talk, but things have been busy. On my end. Just finished the 3rd weekend of Matilda the Musical and 1more weekend to go. The show going really well and I don’t want it to end. Most of the cast seems to be of the same mindset.

Just paid off my Disney trip for January, so no turning back now.

Thats it for now. Have a good day.

TTFN

. On my end. Just finished the 3rd weekend of Matilda the Musical and 1more weekend to go.
So... how many shows/week do you do? 2? 3?
The show going really well and I don’t want it to end. Most of the cast seems to be of the same mindset.
Good sign. :)
Just paid off my Disney trip for January, so no turning back now.
So.... do you feel good about that, or are you having sticker shock right now?

So... how many shows/week do you do? 2? 3?

4 shows a week for 4 week, so 16 total. If this had been a summer show it'd be 5 shows a week for 4 weeks. So a lot going on, which makes you tired by weeks end, but very rewarding. It truly is a special show. The Kids in the show are amazing, especially the two girls playing Matilda. Matilda has a lot of lines and music to learn and memorize, so the two girls playing Matilda are quite simply amazing.

Good sign. :)

It really is. This is a great cast and crew, and I'm glad I'm a part of this show. I've made a lot of friends, even among the kids, and gotten closer to those friends I met in the last show, Hello Dolly, which was in July of this year. Sunday's last show will be a tear jerker for everyone involved.

So.... do you feel good about that, or are you having sticker shock right now?

I feel good. It is expensive, but all things considering, it's really not that bad.

The bottom picture looks like Massachusetts' roads.

Last edited:
IMG_2724.png
This picture is pretty cool of the old work place. Sometimes I miss the place then I remember standing outside in the wind,rain,heat and cold, getting bit by yellow flies and the feeling goes away. lol
Every once in awhile I go over for a ride, I still know a few people who still work there. One of the best parts of working there, you’re not stuck doing the same thing year after year. You also get a chance to meet more people and make more life time friends. Every day at work, someone comes in who I have worked with along the way. It’s hard going to park without someone yelling your name.
One of the CPs i worked with when I first started with the company ,who has a degree in engineering, was working in the engineering dept. after his cp was over as an intern. I was on a boat and he came running up to me, he was now a cm on the boats. He gave me huge hug, started tearing up, he said he misses the old crew.
He then goes on to tell me how life hasn’t worked out for him the way he planned it.Dude your 25 years old, you have a long way to go. I rode that boat back and forth three times. We talk regularly now and I was able to point him in the right direction in getting some help through the company and getting his mind back on track. He’s doing wonderful now. He is now in the Disney Aspire program, which has led him to more opportunities.
I know longer take for granted those manditory training courses we have to take. You never know when one will come in handy.

Geez, four days with nothing? I guess everyone is busy this time of year.
Was enjoying listening to the crickets.

:rolleyes:
This picture is pretty cool of the old work place. Sometimes I miss the place then I remember standing outside in the wind,rain,heat and cold, getting bit by yellow flies and the feeling goes away. lol
Heh. I think everyone relates to a degree
It’s hard going to park without someone yelling your name.
That’s gotta feel good. :)
He gave me huge hug, started tearing up, he said he misses the old crew.
Aww

Just received a notice yesterday from DVC that my dues for 2024 are updated and I get the privilege of paying them.

Thanks to Costco (glitch or not; some have had similar luck, others have not) I saved 10% on the $1,800+ dues.

If you are heading to WDW soon, you can buy $250 gift cards for just $224.99.

And if you’re not, well, I’m sorry.
I’m heading there tomorrow at 1:30, and Tuesday and Wednesday. lol.
Hopefully the weather is good for Saturday the 23rd. We are going to Epcot, we have a Candlelight Processional dinner package. We are eating in Germany (umpapa) then off to the show. We missed a few during the Covid and moving years but we were back last year.
We use to go Christmas Eve but I work Christmas night (holiday pay!) so we have our Christmas dinner etc. at home Christmas Eve. I don’t have to leave for work till about 2:30 so i do get to spend the morning and half the afternoon at home. It’s all part of the deal, you know going in it’s a 24 hour a day, 365 days a year. Not to mention, free department food Christmas! lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter