• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDE and confusion!

Viki

<font color="green">Mid-town Manhattan, anyone?</f
Hi friends I just received my PAP voucher in the mail today and so I called to order my DDE card for our trip in December. I talked to a very nice CM named April and she advised my not to buy the card until the second week in November because then the DDE would be good through Dec. 06. That's fine, but I told her I was worried I wouldn't receive it on time. She agreed I would not, but that when I arrive on Saturday, Dec 3rd I can go to Epcot Guest Relations and they will issue me a temporary DDE card that will be good for our stay.

OK, here's my problem. I could swear that I read somewhere that you can't pick up your DDE card (permenent of otherwise) on the weekend. April assured me that I could and that Epcot Guest relations is open every day the same hours as the park is open.

Does anyone from their own experience know if this is true?

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

You can pick the letter up from Epcot on the weekend. You just can't call DDE to order it on the weekend. So if you are arriving on the weekend and waiting to get your annual pass until then, then you would need to wait until Mon to order the DDE.

You would be able to call the week before you go and the letter would be there waiting for you. Due to some timing issues we had to call the Thursday before we left and 2 days later (Sat) we picked the letter up. I think the letter actually gets to Epcot after 5:30 the day you call.

I think the difference is, you can't order it on the weekend because the DDE office is only open weekdays. But at the point in December when they told you to pick it up from Epcot, you will have already ordered it.

NJOYURLIFE said:
You can pick the letter up from Epcot on the weekend. You just can't call DDE to order it on the weekend. So if you are arriving on the weekend and waiting to get your annual pass until then, then you would need to wait until Mon to order the DDE.

You would be able to call the week before you go and the letter would be there waiting for you. Due to some timing issues we had to call the Thursday before we left and 2 days later (Sat) we picked the letter up. I think the letter actually gets to Epcot after 5:30 the day you call.

OK, this must be dementia setting in! I think I get what Carol is saying, but Lisa you are confusing the heck out of me!
:rotfl2:

I will have already called DDE on Nov 9th (or there abouts) and ordered the DDE card. Presumably when I get to Epcot on Saturday, Dec. 3rd all I will have to do is go to Guest Relations and pick up the letter (temporary card). Is this right? OR do I have to call again before our departure? Or, are we both right? I will have ordered the card in November, but you're saying I should call the week before I leave to remind them (who, Epcot Guest Relations os DDE) to have the letter (temporary card) waiting? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Viki said:
OK, this must be dementia setting in! I think I get what Carol is saying, but Lisa you are confusing the heck out of me!
:rotfl2:

I will have already called DDE on Nov 9th (or there abouts) and ordered the DDE card. Presumably when I get to Epcot on Saturday, Dec. 3rd all I will have to do is go to Guest Relations and pick up the letter (temporary card). Is this right? OR do I have to call again before our departure? Or, are we both right? I will have ordered the card in November, but you're saying I should call the week before I leave to remind them (who, Epcot Guest Relations os DDE) to have the letter (temporary card) waiting? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Viki - Deep breath! Deep breath, LOL!

When you call to order the DDE card, just tell the CM that your trip will begin in early December so would he/she please send a temporary card to EPCOT for you. That's all you have to do - the CM will do the rest.

I'll probably be picking my DDE card up on that day, too! Maybe I'll see you there!

Best wishes -

CarolMN said:
Viki - Deep breath! Deep breath, LOL!

When you call to order the DDE card, just tell the CM that your trip will begin in early December so would he/she please send a temporary card to EPCOT for you. That's all you have to do - the CM will do the rest.

I'll probably be picking my DDE card up on that day, too! Maybe I'll see you there!

Best wishes -

I'm breathing. I'm breathing. God bless you. That makes the most sense I've heard and pretty much agrees with what the CM on the phone said yesterday. (I think she really wanted to tell me to take a breathe too! :rotfl2: ).

This all has always been so easy before. We check into our DVC villa, we order length of stay passes, and we go forth playing and eating to our heart's content.

NOW, I'm juggling ordering 2 PAPS, 4 MYW tickets (of still undetermined length; I may want to convert 2 more to PAPs), and a DDE, and get all the timing for picking up these things and/or converting these things so that we all have what we need right from the start.

Thank you all!

Yes, Carol, look for us - we'll be the 2 white women with 2 African American teens, standing in line at Epcot Guest Relations, sometime between noon and 2, looking confused and hopeful!

We'll be at the BWV 12/3/ - 12/10. I'll keep an eye out for you no matter where we are - look for my lime green DIS button (Hope I can find it before we leave - I know I put in in a safe place when we got home last year, lol)!

Best wishes -

CarolMN said:
We'll be at the BWV 12/3/ - 12/10. I'll keep an eye out for you no matter where we are - look for my lime green DIS button (Hope I can find it before we leave - I know I put in in a safe place when we got home last year, lol)!

Best wishes -

Terrific- we'll be right across the lake and by Saturday afternoon there will be 6 of us, four adults (2 women, 2 men) and two teens. It would be great to meet!

Thank you Viki!! This was my question exactly! We are also arriving on the 3rd. (BCV). I had no idea how this was going to work out so that we would be able to use the DDE for Dec. 06. Afterall, everyone says that it takes soooo long to arrive at your home. You saved me what I'm sure would have been a confusing phone call. We need to go to Epcot to activate our AP's anyway...now it will be two birds with one stone. Maybe we'll see you and CarolMN there! :wave:

Mary2816 said:
Thank you Viki!! This was my question exactly! We are also arriving on the 3rd. (BCV). I had no idea how this was going to work out so that we would be able to use the DDE for Dec. 06. Afterall, everyone says that it takes soooo long to arrive at your home. You saved me what I'm sure would have been a confusing phone call. We need to go to Epcot to activate our AP's anyway...now it will be two birds with one stone. Maybe we'll see you and CarolMN there! :wave:

Sounds good, Mary! And with any luck, we all be "geared" up, with APs and DDE cards galore!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter