• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDE - How long to get card?

kbkids

<font color=cc0066>Loves the World in February<br>
How long does it take to get the Disney Dining Experience Card? We leave on the 22nd (2 weeks and 3 days). I have meant to order it and totally forgot. If I call tomorrow, should I be okay?

Haven't heard about this...what is the DDE???

Beginning April 30, 2003 --
The price is $75!
New memberships for Annual Passholders (regular and Premium),
Seasonal Passholders, and Walt Disney World Cast Members (CM) $70.
Renewal rate for ALL active members $60.
Card takes 2 - 3 weeks to arrive at your home and is good for one year from when it is issued.
The DDE card MUST be presented with a valid Florida Driver's License or ID.
Each dining transaction is limited to six persons unless prior arrangments have been made and approved by the management.
They also have recently changed the cancellation time for a full refund on all prepaid DDE events from 48 hours to 72 hours. You have to do this live to a DDE CM via phone (407-939-7726) during business hours.

Originally posted by kkmauch
Card takes 2 - 3 weeks to arrive

Anyone ordered one recently? Do you think I can depend on that 2 weeks, since I really don't have 3 weeks?

Originally posted by kbkids
Anyone ordered one recently? Do you think I can depend on that 2 weeks, since I really don't have 3 weeks?
We recently ordered and received ours and I want to say it took less than 2 weeks....closer to 1 week. Chances are, it will arrive in time. BUT, I would hate to spend the $75 and not have it arrive. Why don't you ask the CM what would happen in that case?

I ordered mine back in December and it came within a week, but I also live in Orlando, which might make a *slight* difference with time spent in the mail. Good luck, it should probably get there in time! It saves us plenty, and it also gives a discount on alcohol.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!!!

I've read posts about people shipping boxes of food or other things to themselves at resorts to be there when they get there. I think that they have to put on there when they are arriving.

Is it possible to order the card and have it sent to your resort? Maybe you could put it as : Your name- Arrive XX-XX-XX and c/o wherever you are staying.

There is always the risk that you don't get it, but at least the timing thing could be taken care of.

:)

Ours didnt arrive in time one year. The nice cm at DDE simply faxed us a letter that we could use as a temporary card. We had no problems at any of the restaurants we went to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter