DDE is wonderful

Kez250

Mouseketeer
So we've been back home a month and I haven't had time to work out how much we saved with DDE - well yesterday I did - there were 3 adults and 2 toddlers in our party and we saved a massive $250.07 in 6 days alone. So taking into account the $50 for the card we saved just over $200 :banana:

Can't wait to take advantage in December and March since it's not gonna cost us anything only save us.

And just to add - I did tip on the original amount :teeth:

K.

Kez250 said:
...3 adults and 2 toddlers in our party and we saved a massive $250.07 in 6 days...
K.

WOW - sounds like our family's eating & drinking habits! You must have spent over $1K on food & drink to save $250 with the card!

We love our card too & we are looking forward to using it in October. We only had the e-mail in February.

To have saved $250, the OP would have spent $1250 on food at qualifying locations. Since they stayed 6 days, that's $208/day. I don't think that is all that much to spend per day for 5 people - even if 2 of them were toddlers. I assume they ate all meals out and that the adults enjoyed a few alcoholic beverages now and again. :)

Of course, I often wonder if having the discount card encourages people to eat more, spend more or eat at more expensive places than they would without it. ( I'm sure Disney is hoping so). Anyway, if that's the case, it's not really a savings. Kind of like when I tell my DH that I saved $100 on the dress I bought that I didn't really need in the first place. :rotfl2:

That said, I'm still ordering the DDE card before our next trip. :teeth:

Best wishes-

I saved about $440 on my last trip (4 Adults & 3 Kids - 9 days) using the DDE card. I expect similar or greater savings from my summer trip (5 adults & 2 kids - 8 days). So for the card purchase price of $50.00 I should be saving around $1000 in total for the year. The card options just happen to suit our dinning habits and PS preferences perfectly!!!

Now, if I could only find a way to get 20% off at Emril's (@ CW)...

We ate at Spoodles, Nine Dragons, Jiko's, Flying Fish, Citricos - as well as breakfast at Cape May - we also ate at Bluezoo (just 2 adults) but they don't accept the card :sad1:

And we also saved on lunch at the Artists Palette too

This is the kind of pattern we normally follow on vacation (I cook enough at home - it's called vacation for a reason ;) )- would of saved more if I'd known about it in January when we ate at V&A and Citricos twice

And yes the discount amount does include a few glasses of vino

I've been considering this card for a couple of days. After reading this I think I might get it. We will be travelling with my whole family, 5 adults, 1 junior, 2 kids, a toddler and an infant. If I split the cost with my mother and we use it every meal, it should be worth it!

We always eat at least 2 meals out and eat at nice places anyway. We won't be ordering more because of the card.

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to use our card. We plan to do sit-down breakfasts and dinners and grab fast food for lunch. I know it's going to save us $$$. :teeth:

I ordered my card about April 1 and it hadn't arrived yet. We leave on Thursday. I made multiple copies of the e-mail that I received and was ready to go with that. So what came in the mail today? My DDE card. Hooray!!

Deb & Bill said:
I ordered my card about April 1 and it hadn't arrived yet. We leave on Thursday. I made multiple copies of the e-mail that I received and was ready to go with that. So what came in the mail today? My DDE card. Hooray!!

Glad to hear it. We ordered our April 15 and I was starting to wonder about it. Have a great trip! :sunny:

We used the DDE card last week and saved over $150 for 3 adults and a toddler. Well worth the money and we have 2 more trips planned before it exspires.

Sorry for not knowing, I have not accessed this board in a while. What is the DDE card and how do you get it?

Thanks

DDE is the Disney Dining Experience

it is available to Florida residents and now also to Annual Passholders - it costs $50 and saves you 20% in an awful lot of table service restaurants in WDW - including 20% off of alcoholic drinks - they send you a list of the restaurants that it covers - but there is also a list on DIS somewhere - although I have no idea how to put a link in these messages

Hi!
We're going to WDW on July 3, is it too late to get a DDE card?
I'm going to get my AP when I arrive so I suppose the AP discount
wouldn't apply?

Thanks! :earsgirl: :flower:

I called about a week before I went in May - I already had my AP voucher although not my AP - they asked for the voucher number and because it was so close they arranged for my DDE letter (DDE cards take about 8 weeks I think) to be at Epcot Guest Services - I had no problems using the letter instead of the card, they did ask for my picture ID everytime I used it.

I know that you have to phone for the DDE it's not something you can just buy over the counter so to speak - but i called during the week so am not sure if they are open on weekends/holidays - I'm sure someone here knows though

We used the DDE on our trip in May, and we saved a small fortune!
Since there was four adults and no children, we ate at the more expensive sit down restaurants every night.
My only regret was dining at Victoria & Albert's on Mother's Day, which was a black-out date.

We are now slated for three more trips with this card! :)

MG

CarolMN said:
Of course, I often wonder if having the discount card encourages people to eat more, spend more or eat at more expensive places than they would without it. ( I'm sure Disney is hoping so). Anyway, if that's the case, it's not really a savings. Kind of like when I tell my DH that I saved $100 on the dress I bought that I didn't really need in the first place. :rotfl2:
Carol...I think you have Disney's little plan figured out!

Kind of like buying a vacation timeshare plan to save money, but end up going to WDW about two or three times more often than I would have otherwise! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter