Dde

You don't need to order too far in advance because it is good for about 13 months from when you order so you want to get the most benefit from it. We ordered about 2-3 weeks before our trip and had them send our letter to Epcot guest relations. It took a while to get the official card, but others on the board have received theirs faster.

Good luck and have a great trip.

Depends on how often you plan on visiting. If the upcoming trip is the only one you will take, and you want to have the actual card with you, you should probably order it 4-5 weeks ahead of your visit. There is some lead time to actually get the card.

OTOH, if you are going to visit several times, you may want to wait until the last minute and get the email/fax confirmation. I think you have to actually pick that up at one of the ticket booths on-site. They used to email them to visitors, but I think they stopped because of abuse.

The reason you may want to wait is the card is actually issued for about 13 months, so you can squeeze one more trip in on the DDE!

Keep in mind that you have to be either a Florida resident ($75) or an Annual Pass holder ($50) to purchase the DDE. DVC members are not eligible for the DDE by virtue of our membership alone.

I ordered mine 2-3 weeks before our April trip, used the emailed (then) letter, and finally received my card in late June with an expiration date of 6/30/06. Lets see -- 14 months of use, ok with me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter