DDP 2022?

Grateful Mickey

Mouseketeer
Quick read, but Yay! URL unfurl="true"]https://allears.net/2021/05/20/could-this-be-disney-worlds-answer-to-the-dining-plan-for-2022-heres-what-we-know/[/URL]

I see this as a stop-gap measure to getting back to normal operations. These types of packages have always been popular with UK travelers, and Disney isn't ready to go back to full DDP yet, but they don't want to miss out on this season of sales.

I wouldn't expect that the same or similar would be available to US guests, but it is a possibility if they're not quite back at the capacity they need to go full DDP. I have to think that they're going to want to have something for 2022 (maybe also for late 2021), even if it's not exactly what we're used to.

I hope that’s not the route Disney is going to go. You have to book 14 days! That’s insane. I would think the avg stay for a family is 7. Maybe international travelers take 14 day holidays. And $67.85/day is not going to cut it at the prices Disney charges for food.

One question I have is, What happens if you book your trip now for 2022 and they spring the DDP back on us. How easy/hard would that be to add later you know?

You can always make changes to package reservations (up to a few weeks before arrival, and even then, you can change for a fee up until a few days before arrival). If you book room only, you'd have to convert to a package first, but unless something weird is going on, you shouldn't have to cancel and re-book.

One question I have is, What happens if you book your trip now for 2022 and they spring the DDP back on us. How easy/hard would that be to add later you know?
Easy. In 2019 we already had our trip for August booked (and we had booked the dining plan). When free dining was released my husband immediately called Disney and got it added to our booking. Our total immediately dropped by $1000. It was awesome!

I would always wait a week or so before my trip to add DDP, it was never a problem.

I hope that’s not the route Disney is going to go. You have to book 14 days! That’s insane. I would think the avg stay for a family is 7. Maybe international travelers take 14 day holidays. And $67.85/day is not going to cut it at the prices Disney charges for food.

I'm from the UK and you can actually book the dining credit package for between 5 and 14 days which is good, i agree it looks like it's 14 days or nothing by the advertising!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter