• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DDP and DDE card question

DISNEYDUET

Will sing for Mickey Bars and Dole Whips! Oh and e
Ok, Don't shoot! I have a question. If this has been asked before PLEASE point me in the right direction! I can't find an answer anywhere.

We are going to WDW with friends of ours in June. My DH and I are on the dining plan. Our friends are not. We will all be eating together so here is my question. If we are with them can they use our Dining card or do we have to be paying OOP too to get the discount? I called guest services and the very nice CM didn't seem to understand what I was asking. :confused: I am hoping my large DIS family will have an answer for me! Thanks in advance!! :wave2:

Tell the server when you order that you have both plans and which meals go to which. You may have to pay the bill and collect from your friends but I don't see why it wouldn't work. If they are paying cash you should have no problem. When I showed him the DDE card he never asked for ID so it could have been anyone using it. We will be doing the same thing in September when some friends who live locally join us for dinner. We will have the DDP and they won't. Have a great trip.

The only problem I see is the DDE card will have your name on it so if they use a cc with a different name on it might be questioned. I agree as long as they pay cash or pay you it shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to do this with my sis also; DD & I will use the dining plan and she can use my DDE discount paying cash.

Calie

This past Sept we went to WDW using the free dining, but I also had the DDE card. We were able to use the DDE for any extras and any alcoholic drinks we wanted and just got two tickets at the end, except at San Angel Inn. I do not like their food and no way was I wasting a credit there, but my D-I-L really wanted to go. My son and D-I-L ordered their meal telling the waiter that they had the dining plan and I tried to order just the fundido dip telling him I wanted a seperate bill and would be using my DDE card for my meal. He said we couldn't do that, as only one discount was allowed/table and the dining plan was considered a discount. I finally asked for the manager and was told the same thing. I asked her what if I didn't have the dining plan and had just met my son and D-I-L there for a meal, if I still wouldn't be allowed to use the DDE card and after thinking about it for a minute she said 'that's right, only one discount/table, you can't use the DDE card with the dining plan'. This was the only restaraunt where we ran into trouble using both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter