• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DDP and gastro byPass

fostrmom2mny

DIS Veteran
OK, my friend will be accompanying me to WDW and spending a couple of days. I will be staying a coupe of days longer. We want to do the Dinning Plan, but here is the thing. 1st, she had the bypass, and now eats VERY LITTLE!! I had a simular surgery several years ago, but I eat small adult type portions. She on the other hand, eats what perhaps a 6 year old would eat, then sometimes she can keep it down, others she can not. As adults, the dinning price is around $40.00. We are both OK with paying full price for adults, but since she will be leaving out a couple of days before me, I'm left with paying for her adult plan (from what I've read) . That bites a bit. Wonder if for the extra days they'd allow me to pay the child's price? :confused3

Anyone ever have any of this type experiance? Thanks.
Gerri

fostrmom2mny said:
OK, my friend will be accompanying me to WDW and spending a couple of days. I will be staying a coupe of days longer. We want to do the Dinning Plan, but here is the thing. 1st, she had the bypass, and now eats VERY LITTLE!! I had a simular surgery several years ago, but I eat small adult type portions. She on the other hand, eats what perhaps a 6 year old would eat, then sometimes she can keep it down, others she can not. As adults, the dinning price is around $40.00. We are both OK with paying full price for adults, but since she will be leaving out a couple of days before me, I'm left with paying for her adult plan (from what I've read) . That bites a bit. Wonder if for the extra days they'd allow me to pay the child's price? :confused3

Anyone ever have any of this type experiance? Thanks.
Gerri

Maybe you could share meals. :wave2:

I also wondered about this as I have had a similar surgery. I planned on just paying OOP for kids meals for the 3rd meal that is not covered and sharing with a friend at the TS. I'm using the dining plan for the first time too and wondered if there was any info on this as well

my DBF had gastric bypass and also cannot finish a child's meal and often cannot keep his food down. before free dining came about, we considered DDP, and disney said he would have to be charged as an adult, but that he could order off the kids menu or order a smaller portion of an adult meal. since it made no sense to pay the adult price to order a kids meal, we decided against ddp (until it became free). you could consider sharing meals and not going on ddp. or, you could get the ddp, share meals, and eat 2 ts a day since u saved credits from sharing (but you would lose CS). talk to your friend as well. if she doesnt want to eat kids meals, and you dont want to share or will be going to a lot of buffets, it may be worth the ddp. if not, oop might be best
-Colleen (phils DGF)

I would drop the dining plan, find a nice discount rate on the room and use the money you save to pay OOP for meals. You can share them and you don't have to worry about the extra days.

The DDP really doesn't fit this situation very well. There is no case I'm aware of where they allowed an adult to pay kid price. If you don't want to eat at all at a character dinner/breakfast, there is a $5 "entertainment charge."

You can get a discounted room rate if you don't do the dining plan deal. You can choose to share meals (not buffets or "all you can eat.") If your friend is going to share or order a kid's meal, paying OOP makes more sense. Depending on how long you are staying, you might consider an annual pass and adding the DDE card (cost $60, you get 20% off most table service places).

If you look for "room only" discounts, you'll probably come out ahead....unless you hit the "free dining" dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter