• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDP and kids menu at Ohana? Anyone try it?

jayhjay

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used the dining plan when ordering off the kids menu at Ohana (not the traditional AYCE)? I know they have a separate kids menu if you ask with more kid-friendly fare (I assume from kona?), but I am wondering how it works on DP. Do they actually then offer then an appy, dinner and dessert? Do they even have apps/dessert on the kids menu? Or do they share the main dinners apps and dessert?

Just trying to figure out how to allocate credits here. Older DD won't eat the main dinner and will probalby want chic strips (younger one will share ours or hers). If she gets a full meal, we will use a TS credit for her b/c she and little one will eat it and it will be worth it. But if she only gets dinner, it is probably not worth using up a credit on $5 chicken strips and we'll pay OOP.

Anyone have any idea how this works? Thanks! JJ

We pay the same for a child meal at 'Ohana as we do for a child AYCE meal. There is no $5 meal that you will be getting. If you decide to pay out of pocket for her then you will be paying the same price no matter what meal she gets.She can get the child meal, it is from Kona's, but she will not get a seperate appetizer or dessert. She will be allowed, if she wants, to eat the appetizer and dessert that comes with the AYCE meal. That will be more then enough for any kid! LOL!

Ok, that makes sense. So her pricing is the same "kids price" regardless of whether she eats the chicken fingers or the food they offer? If that is the case, I might as well just use the DDP as I had planned. Thanks for the info! JJ

Yes it is the same price. I remember years ago they used to only charge around $5 for the kids meal from Kona's. The last 3 years we have been charged full AYCE prices for the meal. DD gets a hot dog and fries so it isn't cheap! LOL! Of course I am not sure how old your DD is. If she falls under adult then she would be paying adult AYCE prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter