DDP and refillable mugs...

littlele said:
So I'm back to the OP question.....should I deal with bringing the stuff to make coffee in my room or just get the mugs and trek down to the food court every am?

I think you missed the point here...it's ALL Nescafe!

In the rooms you'll get packets of instant (or no coffee at all at the Value resorts).

In the food courts you'll get "bulk-Nescafe." They make it by mixing water with instant coffee syrup.

There are a few places which also sell "real" coffee (like the Poly) but even those places still have Nescafe at the food courts and you'll have to pay top dollar to get a cup of the good stuff.

If you ask for coffee after your meals at TS restaurants you *might* get real coffee. The coffee I had at Coral Reef and Crystal Palace were ok (not great, but not instant). The coffee I was served at Sci-Fi was Nescafe. Let's just say I had a grand total of one sip.

formernyer said:
In the rooms you'll get packets of instant (or no coffee at all at the Value resorts).

Actually the resorts give you 4 cup "filter packs", makes decent coffee and you can ask your maid for extras. I'd suggest buying milk, I don't think too much of the powdered creamer.

I was actually using me refillable mug at AKL to bring coffee to The Mara.

well we have never gotten them but this time we are staying at POP and will be purchasing one of them, esp if we are close to the food court. DH and I both like diet coke so we will share and use and CS meals to get bottled water. We take afternoon breaks everyday so we will refill them then.

Now I had no idea POP didn't have coffee makers and my MIL is a huge coffee fan so I better make sure she brings one. Nescafe will not do for her!!

how late can you get refills at POP?

I am on the dining plan and will be purchasing refillable mugs. I would prefer to eat most of my meals in the parks, but I am a Diet Coke-a-holic and require constant imbibing to feed my addiction.

POP has apple juice at the drink station.

Suzanne74, I think the food court is open until midnight. They leave one drink station open until closing.

The coffee from the packets in the rooms is really not bad. Not Starbucks, but a far cry from Nescafe or instant.

For our trip I am doing the same as a previous poster and using the refillable mug for any meals in the resort and then getting bottled water to take to the parks from our CS credits.

A few people have mentioned frozen drinks and juices at POP, we stayed at PORiverside 18 months ago and only got soda/tea/coffee/hot choc and ice tea. Any idea if any of the other resorts are getting frozen drinks on the beverage island? We are going to POFQ this time.
Thanks

formernyer said:
AFAIK the only resort that still includes frozen drinks with the refillable mug is POP. They have coke or blue raspberry flavors.

already posted in this thread...

A few people have mentioned frozen drinks and juices at POP, we stayed at PORiverside 18 months ago and only got soda/tea/coffee/hot choc and ice tea. Any idea if any of the other resorts are getting frozen drinks on the beverage island? We are going to POFQ this time.
Thanks

They used to have the frozen drink machines at the POR food court. They were taken out at least 5 years ago. My guess would be that you won't see them at food courts other than POP.

I was planning on buying a mug at CSR this year, but now after reading this thread I don't think I will. If we have a coffee maker, I can make tea and hot chocolate in my room. We can buy soda for the fridge, and not waste snack credits on drinks or spend $12 on a mug.

As of Dec 2005 there was frozen Coke at Contemporary and we were allowed to put it in our refillable mugs.

Just check with your resort when you arrive and see what's offered before you buy the mug.

I would buy the mug even if there isn't the Frozen Coke. The last couple of times we lived out of them. I'm the type that uses insulated mugs on a daily day--and loses them at least a few times a month. I'm not worried if I lose the souvenir mug that I've gotten my money out of. As for the coffee, I stuck with Diet Coke last time, it wasn't even close to the taste or the strength of the daily Starbucks fix! :surfweb:

formernyer said:
On second thought, in a way I guess it actually did pay for itself. If we didn't have the refillable mug we would have had to drink the beverages that came with our CS meals instead of taking them home. Since we had the mug, we took home one big Nesquik and five 22oz Powerades (which my son used during baseball practices/games).

I didn't think of that. Can you get a drink in a bottle for your CS meals? We will likely get the mugs anyway b/c we use them for travel mugs in the car, and I like to have them. Also I'm planning to spend a lot of time at the pool with an infant so I'll be drinking lots and lots out there and will get my money's worth in sprite I'm sure.

But using them at PM and taking bottled drinks back to the room is an even better idea.

Thanks! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Beth

Are refillable resort mugs also refillable in the parks? I'm new to this (thus the Earning my Ears title) and I would like to know what in the heck is a glow cube?

I can't answer the glow cube... :confused3 question but I can tell you that the mugs are only good at the resort where you buy them, for the length of your stay.

You can get refillable mugs at blizzard beach or Typhoon lagoon, which have bar codes on them for that day. If you go back another day, bring the mug and buy a new bar code; I think it's 5 dollars more.

Welcome to the DIS!! :)

Beth

tiffick said:
Are refillable resort mugs also refillable in the parks?
Refillable mugs are only refillable where you purchased them. (Some of the hotels have more than one refilling station.)

tiffick said:
Are refillable resort mugs also refillable in the parks? I'm new to this (thus the Earning my Ears title) and I would like to know what in the heck is a glow cube?

A glow cube is a little plastic cube that lights up in your drink. My DGD loved the glow drinks at CM and Concourse Steak House. We had to oay about $5 per drink, but they were cute.

bicker said:
Refillable mugs are only refillable where you purchased them. (Some of the hotels have more than one refilling station.)

Refillable mugs are only refillable at the resort where you purchased them. Some resorts have many places where they can be purchased as well as where they can be refilled. For example, a mug bought at Beach Club Marketplace can be refilled at the Marketplace, Beaches and Cream, Hurricane Hannah's, and locations at the Yacht Club as well.

The plan is supposed to be limited to the resort where you purchased on that trip only--despite the fact that as I explained this to DD's guest on our last trip, the server at Beaches and Cream said that "you can bring them back the next time you stay here too."

I will be buying another mug on this trip as I think the $12 for a good usuable souvenier is okay. Plus over the time I am at the POP resort I will use it at least twice a day. (going to be there 20days, so I will get my money's worth).
I just don't like the colour of the POP Century Mug.
I am a morning and night person: like to get up and get a diet coke and enjoy it while watching people come for breakfast. When it is cool at night, a good Hot-Chocolate seems to make the evening so much more special, while people watching.
When I am home I constantly use the various mugs I have (5 now): with CSR being my favourite.

:thumbsup2

The plan is supposed to be limited to the resort where you purchased on that trip only
They've even started printing it on the mugs, since there's been so much confusion about that up to now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter