• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDP+ It’s official!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to make a reservation just to be able to see the price and the site says it’s under maintenance. Also, I tried to change my real reservation to upgrade to the plus plan and it still said the same thing.

Since it's just in my cart I was able to tap 'add dining.' It took me to the 'if you add this, your new price is this' page. I didn't try to actually check out.

Since it's just in my cart I was able to tap 'add dining.' It took me to the 'if you add this, your new price is this' page. I didn't try to actually check out.
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the update.

$94.61/night (tax included) for adults, per DVC website....official. This is for one night for 3 adults:

Disney Dining Plan Plus
Per Night / Person:

2 Meals (per night, any combination of Table-Service and Quick-Service)

2 Snacks/Non-Alcoholic Drinks (per night)

1 Resort-Refillable Drink Mug
$283.83
Total for 3 Adult
for 1 Nights, Prices in USD, Includes Tax

Probably just a glitch, but the standard DDP is no longer showing up for me on the DVC website when I click the "Add Dining Plan" button...only QS, DDP+, and DxDDP.

If I have tickets and hotel through UT and they are in MDE account, is it possible to add this plan or does it have to be a package originally purchased through Disney?

If I have tickets and hotel through UT and they are in MDE account, is it possible to add this plan or does it have to be a package originally purchased through Disney?

Most often, only packages booked directly through Disney qualify for DDP.

You'll just have to call and see if you can add it.

I tried to upgrade my free offer to this DDP+, but it only let me pick DxDP (we are staying at a deluxe so we are currently on the DDP)

I think it's pretty glitchy right now. Still working out some kinks, I would imagine.

Give it a while, then try it again.

Site didn’t allow me to change to the new dining plan on an existing reservation, even when I tried removing the dining plan option and adding again. If I would do a new booking, the cost of my room would go up. So I’m going to keep my original plan, which is ok! Just sharing in case anyone else was wondering.

So, it may seem like a minor point, but wanting to clarify. Is dessert now included in QS on this plan? We have not added a plan for our June trip yet, but was contemplating this in order to add a couple more character breakfasts. We could potentially eat a couple QS meals, so just wondering how that would work on this plan. Not necessarily a deal-breaker, just curious.

So, it may seem like a minor point, but wanting to clarify. Is dessert now included in QS on this plan? We have not added a plan for our June trip yet, but was contemplating this in order to add a couple more character breakfasts. We could potentially eat a couple QS meals, so just wondering how that would work on this plan. Not necessarily a deal-breaker, just curious.
Doubtful. It will still count as a QS credit when used at a QS restaurant, and they only include entree and drink.

At that price...
Worth it if:
Most days, you are doing a character meal plus regular TS.
Worth it if you drink wine or cocktails at most meals.
And as with any dining plan, prerequisite that it assumes you’ll use all the credits (95% for ts), get desserts at every meal, etc.

Not worth it for:
Signature dining without alcohol. (You need about an $85 signature meal to break even. Most signature meals are closer to $70-80 unless you add alcohol)

Not worth it for 2 ala carte TS meals per day, for most people. Especially non-drinkers. (Example....dinner, expensive $32 entree, $8 dessert, $10 glass of wine. Lunch, $20 sandwich, $8 dessert, $4 soda..despite making full use of the credits, you’re barely around the break even point at $82, not saving any money... had you skipped the glass of wine, you’d be losing for the day)
And definitely not worth it if you are going to use many credits for CS.

At that price...
Worth it if:
Most days, you are doing a character meal plus regular TS.
Worth it if you drink wine or cocktails at most meals.
And as with any dining plan, prerequisite that it assumes you’ll use all the credits (95% for ts), get desserts at every meal, etc.

Not worth it for:
Signature dining without alcohol. (You need about an $85 signature meal to break even. Most signature meals are closer to $70-80 unless you add alcohol)

Not worth it for 2 ala carte TS meals per day, for most people. Especially non-drinkers. (Example....dinner, expensive $32 entree, $8 dessert, $10 glass of wine. Lunch, $20 sandwich, $8 dessert, $4 soda..despite making full use of the credits, you’re barely around the break even point at $82, not saving any money... had you skipped the glass of wine, you’d be losing for the day)
And definitely not worth it if you are going to use many credits for CS.
If you got an entree for lunch you’d be ahead. Dont most restaurants have same lunch and dinner menu?

Even if you don't do the Dining Plan, I think it's great that Disney is giving us an extra dining option.

The QS meals at Disney are very good, but they are cheap enough to warrant just pay OOP for those and use these TS credits on signatures or character meals. Love the add.

I was on the phone for 45 minutes. The original agent messed up my reservation and then I talked to guest services. She was able to get my reservation back to what it was but she told me they can't add the DDP+ to passholder packages.
I'm not very pleased right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter