DDP, OOP, and TIP

I'm No Fool

Mouseketeer
If we're on the DDP, but order something extra OOP, do we need to add a little extra to the already included tip? Or is the server's DDP tip based on the true value of the entire meal?

My understanding is that the DDP tip is based on the DDP costs. If you order extras, it would be polite to add a little extra to cover the tip on that item.

Always look at the receipt for items you have ordered and are paying out of pocket for.

At 50's Primetime Cafe, I paid for the specialty kid's drink with glowing ice cube OOP and I went to add a tip when my mother looked at the bill and realized that 18% tip was already added to my oop bill.

When you use DDP and OOP you will get 2 separte checks. We did this for all meals in September. The DDP check will have the tip included, but the OOP check will not (unless there are 8 in your party). So you need to tip accordingly for that bill separately. While in WDW in September, we paid for our grandson's meals OOP as he was not on the plan. His parents were also not on the plan, but we covered several of their adult meals while there with our TS credits.

n2mm said:
The DDP check will have the tip included, but the OOP check will not (unless there are 8 in your party). So you need to tip accordingly for that bill separately.

This was not my experience - there were only four in our party and most of the times I paid OOP the tip had already been added.

I repeat - ALWAYS CHECK THE BILL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter