DDP or DDE????

My mom is a FL resident, and could get a DDE card (20% off for your party of 10 or less at most restaurants...well at least all the ones that I like) for $85, and it's good for a whole year. OR, we could pay $120 each for the four of us for the DDP for our trip in July. What do you suggest? Anyone have the DDE?

The only real way to figure out which works for you would be to decide where you are eating each day then look at the menus and get a good idea of what you think you would order and price each meal. Then for DDE figure out if there are any TS that aren't on the plan to add 20% for the tip, leave the TS that do take DDE alone figuring you'll the 20% for the tip anyways, and take 20% off any CS that take DDE since no tipping there (don't forget to add sales tax to all meals).

Now take your list and figure out your dining credits; add the cost of the dining plan to any out of pocket costs for things not covered. Compare that total to the other total.

Or a quick estimate would be if you normally will eat 1CS, 1TS, !snack per day the dining plan will work for you. If you eat 2 TS most days DDE is better.

It's alot of work figuring this out but it is fun looking over all those menus :cheer2:

Calie

Most CS places are not on the DDE list (but a few are).

I ran the numbers both ways based on the restaurants we planned to use. We have the DDE from a December trip (before DVC could buy DDP). It came out very close. SO....I decided that I'd really gotten my money out of the DDE card on the last trip and will buy the DDP for this one. I doubt that we'll have any "extras," but if we do, the DDE will apply to them.

The other thing to consider is whether or not you will use the DDE again before it expires!

I've been going over this for about 2 months now!!! I have made our ADRs for our Oct trip, so I have a pretty good handle on where/what we'll be eating. I've have made a chart with the costs for DDP, and one using DDE. They are really close....withing about $50 of each other. So, I think we'll go with the DDP, and use mu DDE card for the things our DDP doesn't cover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter