DDP WATCH THRED-NEW JULY 1, 2022

I'm just about to give up on it returning for my September trip. I can make reservations on Thursday and a few in the group think it will be cheaper to pay out of pocket as we go...and it might be but it's just nice to have it all paid for up front. No dining plan though may force me to finally look at the numbers and see if it's a good deal for us or not though. Once the cultural program kicks in in August surely they would be ready for the Dining Plan's return. August is our deadline for going forward without it so my fingers are crossed for about 4 more weeks.

I think if they do reintroduce this year it will be when bookings aren't available for the time frame yet. This means its likely to be October maybe now looing at it. If they introduce when people have already booked restaurants you will end up with so many people complaining they couldn't book anything as they were already booked up

I think if they do reintroduce this year it will be when bookings aren't available for the time frame yet. This means its likely to be October maybe now looing at it. If they introduce when people have already booked restaurants you will end up with so many people complaining they couldn't book anything as they were already booked up
Unless Disney just releases a quick service plan.

This. Could happen for late August through mid October as a trial. Also opens up the possibility of limited free dining package with quick service only for the same time period. Who knows.

Perhaps they might introduce a sort of meal pre-pay coupon. Buy 5 quick service meals for $100 or 5 table service for $200. Something like that before fully bringing back the DDP.

Perhaps they might introduce a sort of meal pre-pay coupon. Buy 5 quick service meals for $100 or 5 table service for $200. Something like that before fully bringing back the DDP.
Disney could do something like pay $80 for $100 worth of food. It would be marketed differently.

True
This. Could happen for late August through mid October as a trial. Also opens up the possibility of limited free dining package with quick service only for the same time period. Who knows.
I really doubt they will offer free dining as people have already purchased accommodation etc so I think it will be more likely it will only be a paid version
Yeah I'd like something like this to be honest as a solo traveller
Disney could do something like pay $80 for $100 worth of food. It would be marketed differently.
Would work well too

I’m starting to believe Jan 2023 will be the new plan start date. New year new plans? Maybe?
That or October 1st. Everything I keep reading is about how they want everything to be completely back to "normal" by October 1st...that is their goal anyway. My September trip will be over at that point so for myself it doesn't matter. Good luck for anyone going in October and hoping it is back.

I find it odd that Disney mentioned its coming soon, then nothing for months. I wonder if they had a change of plans in how it may work or a timing issue? The parks were operating at partial capacity after coming out of the Covid lockdown, and the restaurants were only 1/2 full. Characters were kept at a distance, which made character dining difficult. So, it made sense why they didn’t bring the Dining Plan when things first reopened. However, its about back to normal. What could be the holdup?

I find it odd that Disney mentioned its coming soon, then nothing for months. I wonder if they had a change of plans in how it may work or a timing issue? The parks were operating at partial capacity after coming out of the Covid lockdown, and the restaurants were only 1/2 full. Characters were kept at a distance, which made character dining difficult. So, it made sense why they didn’t bring the Dining Plan when things first reopened. However, its about back to normal. What could be the holdup?
Still a shortage of workers in certain areas, food service one of them but with the Cultural Program back in effect in August that frees up the cast members currently working those locations so I was really hopeful something would be announced in August but now that my 60 mark has passed and we have all our ressies we are just going to pay out of pocket as we go. At least I will know once and for all how the dining plan compares with no dining plan for our group.

I doubt they would still be putting the symbol out on new menus if they had completely changed their plans. I think they are still planning on bringing back its just when that they need to work out. I agree with other poster that they seem to be trying to bring back as much as they can before October but I just think the longer we hear nothing the less likely it is that DP will be included.

OK , take a moment. The DDP would be horrible.
Even a QS plan would be impossible.

Disney has to many issues:
Very limited staffing
Food has limited resources. Select is half of what us was.
Paper supplies.
Restaurants can't handle demand today.

No way Disney could keep up with demand. Everyone would want their money refunded.

It will have to be next year..maybe

EPCOT Food & Wine menus all have the DDP symbol on them; it could return before end of the festival.

Still a shortage of workers in certain areas, food service one of them but with the Cultural Program back in effect in August that frees up the cast members currently working those locations so I was really hopeful something would be announced in August but now that my 60 mark has passed and we have all our ressies we are just going to pay out of pocket as we go. At least I will know once and for all how the dining plan compares with no dining plan for our group.
Can you not use already booked reservations with a dining plan if they release it? Is there a different way of booking the dining plan reservations? I thought you just showed up and swiped your magic band to put it on the dining plan?

Can you not use already booked reservations with a dining plan if they release it? Is there a different way of booking the dining plan reservations? I thought you just showed up and swiped your magic band to put it on the dining plan?

Yes you can. Its those people who haven't booked dining because they haven't got a dining plan that would probably end up getting annoyed because there is no availability if they added the dining plan type thing. I think this is why its unlikely to be within the next 60 days if Disney did announce today it was back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter