DD's first time

Ratpack

WL VET
DVC Gold
I know Disney does things for birthdays, anniversaries and the likes, but does anyone know if they do anything special for a child's first time to Disney and what locations do this? It is my DD's (4) first time and she truly adores Disney. It is all she has talked about since we told her we are going. I want this to be a truly Magical experience for her.

Get a birthday badge at City Hall for her to wear. They will give her the phone usually and Goofy is on it to wish her a happy birthday. If you eat at a sit down restaraunt, let them know about her birthday. They usually announce it to the whole place it is a special birthday and bring out a cupcake with a candle and everyone sings Happy Birthday. When we did this at Hollywood and Vine, Chip brought out the cupcake for DD personally. She also got a balloon with an autographed picture with it of the FAB FIVE. At Cinderella's, they put Mickey confetti on the table with birthday streamers (little ones) at your table and after breakfast the cupcake comes out. DD also got a certificate for a Magical Moment for that.

If you are staying on site, let the resort know. They will send up balloons with an autographed picture of her favorite character (DD got Cinderella, DS got Goofy).

Have a wonderful and magical trip!

There's a post a few threads down discussing welcome gifts from Mickey. We are planning on making a welcome gift ourselves and 'planting' it on her bed at the hotel secretly before she gets to the room. We are hitting Walmart tomorrow in fact to see what we can get before attempting the Disney Store. Looking for Disney PJs and snacks. DH recently went to a business conference and brought home all the Mickey soaps, shampoos and lotions from the hotel room (we're off site so we won't get that).

We also like to collect things on our trip and make a scrapbook when we get home. We call them 'instant souveniers' because they are quick and free. Stuff like a drink coasters from the restaurants we eat at, ticket stubs, menus, anything from rooms, maps, flyers, unused fastpasses, etc. The fun while you are there is in the 'hunt' for Instant Souveniers! Technically it has to be free, but sometimes we will make an exception for something you have to buy. Then we match them up to photos of that place in our photo album/scrapbook. Then we get to relive the trip over and over and the 'instant souveniers' really make it special.

Also....maybe starting the trip with a character meal would get her into the spirit. We are planning three character meals - first day, one in the middle and we are hoping to do Cindy's breakfast on the last day, so keep your fingers crossed for us that I can get the ressie!

Enjoy, and be sure to watch the 'magic' on her face - it's the best gift of all.

Lisaost! You may want to give you a few days to get ressies for Cindys. Maybe things have changed and it is easier to get now with the stricter rules with CC's, but for our last trip, it took two days of phone calls to get through. My girlfriend on her trip around the same time ours was had to get up FIVE morings before the break of dawn out here in Arizona to get Cindys. I hate for you to have to miss it because you only let one day open for this breakfast!!!!!

Also, can you get the Belz Outlet mall? There is a outlet Disney Store there and you can get lots of little trinkets for the Mickey surprise there. You had great ideas for the scrapbooking. I will start to save little things on our next trip! Thanks! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter